WINDY CITY TIMES
||'[Trans]formation' through Dec. 17
This article shared 202 times since Wed Dec 14, 2016
Nothing Without a Company and The Living Canvas are presenting the world premiere of [Trans]formation, devised by Ronen Kohn, Darling Squire, Avi Roque, Kevin Sparrow and Gaby Labotka, with Labotka directing.
[Trans]formation is devised entirely from the works of, and performed by, transgender, genderqueer, intersex and non-binary artists. Designed and directed in the style of The Living Canvas, nude performers aim to embody the expressive power and diversity of the human form clothed by projections to reveal, instead of conceal, every body's possibility. [Trans]formation utilizes text, dance, movement, music and the textures of projections to explore the naked truth of gender identity.
The show runs through Dec. 17 at The Vault at Collaboraction Studios in the Flat Iron Arts Building, 1579 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Regular performances run on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m., and Sundays at 7 p.m.
Tickets are available at bit.ly/2dcUgOJ.
This article shared 202 times since Wed Dec 14, 2016
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|MUSICALS 'Pretty Woman' tickets go on sale Oct. 15 2021-10-15|
- After a pre-Broadway run in Chicago and being on Broadway, Pretty Woman: The Musical, based on one of Hollywood's most beloved romantic stories of all time, returns to Chicago. The production will run at the CIBC ...
|THEATER Broken Nose presenting looter drama 'Primer' Nov. 15-Dec. 5 2021-10-15|
- Broken Nose Theatre, a pay-what-you-can theater company, will run the world premiere audio drama Primer, described in a release as "a deeply honest look at the prioritization of property over people. Ensemble member Spenser Davis wrote ...
|THEATER 'A Rocky Horror Picture Party' at The Den on Oct. 30-31 2021-10-12|
- Haven is presenting Science Fiction / Double Feature: A Rocky Horror Picture Partyan immersive Halloween experience that brings to life in vivid technicolor the world of the cult-classic filmdirected by ...
|THEATER Rivendell's '8:46' to run Oct. 21-23, stream Nov. 1 2021-10-12|
- Rivendell Theatre Ensemble (RTE)Chicago's only Equity theater dedicated to producing new work with women at the coreannounced 8:46 (Breathing Room), a new play festival of four commissioned plays each eight ...
|COMEDY Janeane Garofalo at The Den Theatre on Nov. 19-20 2021-10-12|
- The Den Theatre will present comedian Janeane Garofalo for four performances on Nov. 19-20 (at 7 and 9:30 p.m. each night) on The Heath Mainstage, 1331 N. Milwaukee Ave. Garofalo has had many memorable and critically ...
|DRAG Utica Queen finds a home in Chicago 2021-10-12|
- Ethan Mundt rose to fame as Utica Queen in season 13 of the Emmy-winning show RuPaul's Drag Race. Ultimately placing sixth in the competition, this young, gay 25-year-old showed creativity and personality. Mundt's latest project, Homecoming ...
|THEATER 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog' running through Nov. 6 2021-10-12|
- Black Button Eyes Productions is welcoming back live audiences with the popular internet musical Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog—an authorized fan production to benefit the Chicago charity Season of Concern—playing through ...
|THEATER 'I'm Not A Comedian… I'm Lenny Bruce' returns Nov. 5 2021-10-08|
- Theatre 68 and the Venus Cabaret Theater, 3745 N. Southport Ave., announced the return of the critically acclaimed production, I'm Not A Comedian… I'm Lenny Bruce, to Chicago beginning Friday, Nov. 5. Ronnie Marmo wrote and ...
|THEATER REVIEW Songs for Nobodies 2021-10-07|
- Title: Songs for Nobodies. Playwright: Joanna Murray-Smith At: Northlight Theatre at the North Shore Center for the Arts, 9501 Skokie Blvd. Tickets: $30-$89. Runs through: Sunday, Oct. 31 You won't find their names in the history ...
|Chicago Inclusion Project offers anti-racism workshops for arts organizations 2021-10-05|
--From a press release - Chicago, IL—The staff of The Chicago Inclusion Project is excited to launch a new workshop and continuum developed by staff members Jessica Vann and Arti Ishak. The workshop, entitled "Being Anti-Racist: An Active Action," is designed ...
|THEATER REVIEW: American Mariachi 2021-10-02|
- Title: American Mariachi. Playwright: Jose Cruz Gonzalez At: Goodman Theatre, 170 N. Dearborn St. Tickets: $25-$98; GoodmanTheatre.org. Runs through: Oct. 24 From the first moment, when a shrill "grito" proclaims the commencement of a Mariachi bolero, ...
|THEATER REVIEW Thirteen Days 2021-09-29|
- Thirteen Days. adapted by Brian Pastor from the book by Robert F. Kennedy At: City Lit Theatre at Edgewater Presbyterian Church, 1030 West Bryn Mawr Ave., Tickets: $27-$32. Runs through: Oct. 24 Palace Intrigue has been ...
|THEATER 'The Last Pair of Earlies' running Oct. 27-Dec. 12 at Raven 2021-09-28|
- Raven Theatre, Chicago's newest Equity-affiliated theatre, is welcoming back audiences this fall with the world premiere of Joshua Allen's The Last Pair of Earlies, directed by Wardell Julius Clark. This new dramawhich follows the hardships ...
|Next OUTspoken 'Storytelling Night' Oct. 5 2021-09-27|
--From a press release - Six Chicagoans will tell compelling stories with a LGBTQ+ perspective when another OUTspoken "Storytelling Night" takes place Tuesday, Oct. 5, starting at 7 p.m., at Sidetrack Bar, 3349 N. Halsted St. All attendees must be masked ...
|THEATER 'Moulin Rouge!,' gay play 'The Inheritance' win top Tonys 2021-09-27|
- Moulin Rouge! The Musical was the runaway winner at the Tony Awards on Sept. 26, snagging 10 awards. Among its honors were Best Musical, Best Performance By an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical ...