WINDY CITY TIMES
This article shared 2100 times since Tue Jan 22, 2013
In an interview with Fox Sports, professional football player Brendon Ayanbadejo said there are definitely gay men in the NFL, according to Queerty.com . However, the marriage-equality advocate added that the percentage is probably lower than in the general population: "Eventually, I think there will be someone [who comes out]. But the number [of gay players] is so minute. If they say the regular population is 7 to 9 percent [gay], in the NFL it might be 3 percent. I could be completely wrong, but I've played for so long and so many others have."
In the area of soccer, Elton Johna big fan of the gamereportedly called the Celtics, a Scottish team, after it beat Barcelona, widely regarded as the best in the world, according to Fox Sports. John, 65, was once chairman of the Watford team in the 1970s and '80s. Another fan, Rod Stewart, was spotted crying after this historic victory.
This article shared 2100 times since Tue Jan 22, 2013
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Blackhawks win fourth straight; Bulls lose third consecutive game 2022-01-16|
- The Chicago Blackhawks (15-18-5) defeated the Anaheim Ducks (19-15-7) 3-0 at the United Center on Jan. 15. It was Chicago's fourth consecutive victory. There were 73 combined shots between the Blackhawks and the Ducksthe most in ...
|LaVine injured in Bulls' blowout loss to Golden State 2022-01-15|
- The Chicago Bulls (27-13) haven't been together as an entire team in a while because of injuries and COVID-19 health protocols. According to The Chicago Tribune, the latest injury occurred roughly 3� minutes into the Jan. ...
|Blackhawks beat Canadiens; DeBrincat named to All-Star team 2022-01-14|
- The Chicago Blackhawks (14-18-5) skated to their third consecutive win on Jan. 13, defeating the Montreal Canadiens (7-24-5) 3-2 in a game marked by a pre-event tribute to Andrew Shaw, who played for both teams. Dominik ...
|SPORTS Chicago Bulls lose to the Brooklyn Nets 2022-01-13|
- One night after beating the Detroit Pistons by 46, the Chicago Bulls (27-12) lost to the Brooklyn Nets (26-14) 138-112 at the United Center on Jan. 12. The Nets have several superstars on the team, including ...
|SOCCER Three Red Stars join USWNT's January training camp 2022-01-12|
- Three Chicago Red Stars will join the United States Women's National Team (USWNT) next week for the team's annual January training camp taking place Jan. 19-28. Defender Tierna Davidson, goalkeeper Alyssa Naeher and forward Mallory Pugh ...
|Bulls win by 46; Blackhawks also prevail 2022-01-12|
- The Chicago Bulls (27-11) got back on the winning track Jan. 11, routing the Detroit Pistons (9-31) 133-87 at the United Center. The Bulls only led 61-52 at the half. However, Chicago outscored Detroit 36-14 in ...
|SPORTS Chicago Red Stars see return of Yuki Nagasato 2022-01-11|
- The Chicago Red Stars announced a trade with Racing Louisville FC that will see fan favorite Yuki Nagasato return to the club for the 2022 season. In exchange for Nagasato, the Red Stars are sending their ...
|SPORTS Bears fire Nagy and Pace 2022-01-10|
- The Chicago Bears fired coach Matt Nagy and General Manager Ryan Pace on Jan. 10, ending his tenure after the team posted a 6-11 record this season, according to ESPN.com and ABC 7 Chicago. Nagy was ...
|Bears fall in season finale to Vikings; Bulls' win streak ends 2022-01-10|
- —In what was possibly head coach Matt Nagy's last game with the Chicago Bears, the team fell to the Minnesota Vikings 31-17 on Jan. 9. It was a tale of two halves, as the Bears led 14-3 at halftime. The Bears ...
|Non-binary skater makes history as part of U.S. Olympic team 2022-01-09|
- Timothy LeDuc, a figure skater who identifies as non-binary, and partner Ashley Cain-Gribble won the pairs event at the 2022 U.S. Figure Skating Championships on Jan. 9 in Nashville, MSN.com reported. This was their second time ...
|Bulls extend win streak to nine games on fourth Pride Night 2022-01-08|
- The Chicago Bulls now have their longest win streak since 2011. The team (26-10) beat the Washington Wizards 130-122 at the United Center on Jan. 7 to extend their win streak to nine games. Zach LaVine ...
|SPORTS Red Stars announce partnerships with local broadcasters 2022-01-05|
- The Chicago Red Stars entered into a new broadcasting partnership with Univision Chicago and The U, WMEU, Channel 48.1 and WCIU, Channel 26.2 that will see the local stations broadcast select Red Stars games during the ...
|SPORTS Bulls now have eight-game win streak 2022-01-04|
- DeMar DeRozan scored 29 points and Zach LaVine added 27 as the Chicago Bulls (25-10) extended its win streak to eight with a 102-98 victory over the Orlando Magic (7-31) on Jan. 3 at the United ...
|SPORTS Bears top Giants 29-3; Blackhawks lose again 2022-01-03|
- With their offense and defense working together, the Chicago Bears (6-10) jumped to a quick 14-0 lead and cruised to a 29-3 drubbing of the New York Giants (4-12). "They didn't let up all day," said ...
|Bulls win streak reaches seven; 'Hawks, Notre Dame lose 2022-01-02|
- The Chicago Bulls (24-10) extended their win streak to seven with a 120-119 victory over the Washington Wizards on Jan. 1. Bulls star DeMar DeRozan hit a buzzer-beating, game-winning three-pointer for the second consecutive night. He ...