by Joan Jett-Blakk
This article shared 1388 times since Wed Jan 29, 2003
... So, there I was, flipping through the Chicago Reader on my way to News of the Weird in section four, when I was visually assaulted in section three! There, in a half-page ad, were the words; 'Bottles Are For Cocksuckers,' with a picture showing a rather rotund fellow holding a can of beer. I stared at the ad for a minute or two, trying to make sure that I was seeing what I thought I was seeing, and then I got mad. Very mad. Now there are only a few ways that bottles are for cocksuckers, and none of them are good. Bottles can go upside the cocksuckers head, can be broken and used as a sharp implement, can be shoved up one's bum, you get the idea.
And then, there is this whole business of using the word 'cocksucker' as if it is a bad word. Enough already! I got news for ya, cocksucker is not a bad word. In fact, cocksuckers are a blessing upon this earth. If not for them, what would us cocksuckees do? I mean, really!! Obviously, the lower life form that thought up that ad has never had its willy licked. We all know that straight men long for blowjobs and do not get them because straight girls do not suck dick unless they are porn stars, and even then they must be properly trained by a professional cocksucker, and all professional cocksuckers are fags. That's one reason why straight people hate us. We have much better sex than they can imagine and they are jealous beyond belief.
Personally, I think that we should turn Gay Pride Day into an orgy of Bacchanalian abandon. Fuck the stupid flag, fuck the stupid ads for the stupid stores, we should just be out in the streets, fucking!! Let's show them what real gay pride is! Pride in our sexuality as sexual activity! Then, we can go find that bar that put that ad in the Reader, and show them what cocksuckers with bottles (that are full of flammable liquid) are capable of!!
I won't be throwing any bottles at anyone on the 12th of February, however. That's when I'm gonna be a part of Dave Awl's show at No Exit Cafe. Dave Awl, in case you don't know, is one of Chicago's most gifted writers, and he's just started a series of theme nights once a month at the aforementioned cafe. The first one was a tribute to David Bowie, and me being a Bowie scholar, I had to go. It was very good. This next show, the theme is advertising, and I have a lot to say about that particular brand of poison. There are other people in the show besides me, so come and see them and I'll be there too. February 12th. No Exit Cafe. Just off the Morse stop on the Howard el.
This article shared 1388 times since Wed Jan 29, 2003
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Pride Parade coordinator provides latest on the 'likely scenario' for event 2021-05-08|
- Tim Frye, the coordinator of the 2021 Pride Parade, told Windy City Times that the assessment of this year's event has not changed over the last few weeks. The official statement/assessment at this point is: "We ...
|OUTspoken Storytelling to host tales from LGBTQ perspectives Nov. 10 2020-11-01|
--From a press release - Another exciting OUTspoken Storytelling Night will offer the perspective of four Chicagoans telling life's stories from their LGBTQ+ viewpoint or that of their close friends and relatives, Tuesday, Nov. 10, starting at 7 p.m. on Zoom. ...
|Arts in the Dark Halloween Parade, this year a drive-through 2020-10-26|
--From a Chicago Park District press release - CHICAGO: LUMA8, in collaboration with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE), the Chicago Park District and Presenting Sponsor, the Blommer Chocolate Company, is pleased to announce Arts in the Dark - an UPSIDE ...
|Nightlines 1990-2001, Nightspots 2001-2015 2020-09-30|
- Throughout the 1990s, Nightlines focused on the LGBTQ entertainment scene, from the bars to the stage and everything in between. With the new millennium came a significant format change as Nightspots focused in on the bar ...
|PASSAGES Former Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster dies at 37 2020-09-27|
- Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster died Sept. 17 unexpectedly at the age of 37. At the time of this article's publication, Sangster's cause of death is unknown. Sangster was born June 4, 1983, on a Jacksonville, North ...
|PASSAGES Gay business owner/nightlife figure Bob Yeaworth dies 2020-09-20|
- Gay business owner and promoter Robert "Bob" Yeaworth died Sept. 14 from complications due to his ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease) diagnosis. He was 64. Yeaworth was born Sept. 17, 1955 in Cincinnati, Ohio, ...
|PASSAGES Medusa's owner Dave Shelton passes away 2020-08-19|
- Dave Shelton, a.k.a. Dave "Medusa" Sheltonso named for his trademark frizzy locks "just was different," recalled his good friend of 45 years, Richard Cooke. Shelton was the proprietor of the iconic nightspot Medusa's on Sheffield in ...
|Gerber/Hart fall benefit Sept. 12-13
- The Gerber/Hart Library and Archives fall benefit"Saving LGBTQ History: Archives in a Time of Activism"will take place Sept. 12-13 at the venue, 6500 N. Clark St. On those days, there will be a series of 90-minute ...
|Holocaust Museum's virtual soiree Sept. 2 2020-08-06|
- On Wed., Sept. 2, Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center's Women's Leadership Committee will host its annual soirée virtually. The event will stream live from a studio with a star-studded line-up featuring a musical performance by ...
|Virtual OPALGA+ scholarship gala slated for Oct. 24 2020-08-06|
- OPALGA+/Oak Park Area Lesbian & Gay Association will hold a virtual scholarship gala Saturday, Oct. 24, at 7 p.m. The event will feature video clips from the organization's scholarship winners, the Founder's Award celebration and opportunities ...
|La Cage aux FUN, opening weekend at A-ville's The Bird Cage 2020-07-22|
- Photos by Joseph Stevens Photography ...
|Survey open for potential Boystown name change 2020-07-21|
- Northalsted Business Alliance is asking for the public to weigh in on the "Boystown" moniker. The Alliance has published a survey asking community members' opinions on the Lake View neighborhood, which was officially designated an "LGBTQ+ ...
|Petition urges Boystown name change 2020-07-08|
- An online petition launched late in June is demanding that the "Boystown" neighborhood designation be changed to a term that is more inclusive of the entire LGBTQ community. The petitionwhich is on Change.org and was authored ...
|Last call for Little Jim's 2020-07-05|
- Longtime Lake View tavern Little Jim's shut its doors July 2. Billing itself as "the original hookup bar," Jim Gates opened Little Jim's in 1975, and it was one of the first gay bars in the Boystown area. Gates sold the ...
Replay closes July 5-6 after employee tests positive 2020-07-05|
- The restaurant Replay Andersonville, 5358 N. Clark St., is closing July 5-6 after owner Mark Liberson posted on Facebook that an employee tested positive for COVID-19. On July 5, Liberson posted, "While this post is not ...