||off the cuffs
This article shared 1553 times since Wed Feb 18, 2004
There used to be a time when I looked forward to January and February—only because there were fewer community events to cover. Now, February BOOMS with events, and the past two weeks had enough same-sex marriage, religion, dancing and fireballing to last a full year. And we're not even NEAR June. It's hard to pack it all into our two weekly publications (yes, we do Windy City Times, too)—so you can always get more online at the comprehensive site www.WindyCityMediaGroup.com . You can also subscribe to our weekly e-mail blast sent to 10,000+ folks who want to be 'in the know.' Send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the memo line put 'SIGN ME UP FOR E-MAIL LIST.' We give out tons of prizes every month, from CDs to DVDs, to concert tickets and much more. We also give out a lot of fun prizes on our weekly Windy City Radio show, Sundays 11-midnight on WCKG 105.9 FM (we share the 50,000-watt station with Howard Stern and Steve Dahl).
V-Day presentation of the Vagina Monologues features an all-star cast of Chicago women, with proceeds to benefit AIDS Foundation of Chicago and Southwest Women Working Together, Wed., Feb. 18, 7 p.m., $65-$250, Park West, 322 W. Armitage, (312) 922-2322.
Yes, the world did not stop after last weekend's parties. Chix Mix's BLACK BRA returns to Circuit Friday, Feb. 20. Don't miss it!
Plan ahead to Feb. 28: Mountain Moving Coffeehouse for Womyn and Children—C.C. Carter and friends celebrate Black History Month; 7:30 p.m., Summerdale Community Church, 1700 W. Farragut.
This article shared 1553 times since Wed Feb 18, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Monkeypox vaccine events being held Aug. 13-14 2022-08-12|
- The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH), along with City Colleges, will be holding monkeypox (MPV) vaccination events. The two events will be held at Malcolm X College on the West Side and Kennedy-King College on ...
|NYC Black Pride to mark 25th anniversary with events 2022-08-10|
- New York City Black Pride is returning this monthand celebrating its 25th anniversarywith a days-long slate of engaging events, including an awards ceremony, discussions and other activities, according to Gay ...
|Montreal Pride Parade is canceled 2022-08-08|
- Citing security concerns, the organizers of the Fierte Montreal Pride Parade abruptly canceled the Aug. 7 event at the last minute, The Washington Blade reported. The other events scheduled at the Esplanade of the Olympic ParkT-Dance ...
|Drag show finally takes place at UpRising Bakery and Cafe 2022-08-08|
- After a series of events that encompassed everything from vandalism to meetings with village officials to a visit from Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker, LGBTQ+-owned Lake in the Hills business UpRising Bakery and Cafe finally held its ...
|UpRising Bakery allowed to hold drag brunch, other events 2022-08-04|
- UpRising Bakerya Lake in the Hills business extensively vandalized after scheduling a brunch event featuring drag performerswill be able to host the rescheduled event and other programs after reaching an agreement with Lake in the Hills ...
|UpRising Bakery cancels more events; Indiana passes severe abortion ban 2022-07-31|
- There have more setbacks for the LGBTQ+-owned UpRising Bakery and Cafe, where damage still remains after the Lake in the Hills establishment was vandalized last weekend with hate messages, ABC 7 Chicago reported. Owner Corinna Sac ...
|Chicago announces lineups for Marquee Fall Music Festivals 2022-07-30|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO—Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) announced today music lineups and expanded date information for three of the City of Chicago's most ...
|Northalsted Market Days to take place Aug. 6-7 2022-07-30|
- The 40th Northalsted Market Daysa live music street festival celebrating community in Chicago's Northalsted/Lakeview districtwill take place Aug. 6-7. The half-mile long summer festival features all-day lineups of live music ...
|WINE RIVAL returns Sept. 22, partially benefiting Highland Park group 2022-07-29|
- Chicago—After a two-year hiatus, The 4th Annual WINE RIVAL (formerly Somm Madness) returns on Thursday, Sept. 22, to award the 2022 title of WINE RIVAL Champion at Venue West, 221 N. Paulina St.. Tickets are $50 ...
|Chicago Gourmet reveals 2022 lineup 2022-07-28|
- Chicago Gourmet, one of the nation's most distinguished food festivals, has revealed a lineup of acclaimed chef participants for the 2022 weekend culinary celebration. Founding sponsor Illinois Restaurant Association, together ...
|MCA Chicago announces Chicago Performs, which focuses on contemporary, POC and queer artists 2022-07-27|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO— The Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA) Chicago, with the support of Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot, the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE), and Choose Chicago, announced the ...
|Story Jam and Cerqua Rivera collaboration on July 27 at Artifact Events 2022-07-25|
- Story Jam's next storytelling show—in a series of monthly shows at Artifact Events —will take place Wed., July 27, at 7:30 p.m. at 4325 N. Ravenswood Ave. "Living Truth: True Stories" is a storytelling collaboration with ...
|Touche holds fundraiser for Windy City Times 2022-07-12|
- Leather bar Touche, 6412 N. Clark St., held its regular Friday fundraiser on July 8—and the fortunate recipient this time was Windy City Times. Approximately $200 were raised during this benefit raffle. Touche has been a ...
|Fan Expo Chicago 2022 celebrates 50 years of comic conventions 2022-07-11|
- Throwing a successful comic-book conference comes with great responsibility. Just ask any Spider-Man you might run into at the Fan Expos located around the country. The newly titled Fan Expo Chicago swung into Donald E. Stephens ...
|Wicker Park Fest announces complete music lineup, will take place July 22-24 2022-07-09|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO—Wicker Park Bucktown Chamber of Commerce is thrilled to announce the complete lineup, schedule, additional programming, and festival perks for Wicker Park Fest, one of Chicago's most anticipated summer events. Returning on July 22-24 fo ...