||Youth Health Group Seeks Leaders
This article shared 4242 times since Sat Oct 1, 2005
The Illinois Caucus for Adolescent Health ( ICAH ) is taking applications from young leaders who wish to help implement projects for social change that promotes sexual health, reproductive rights and the rights of teen parents. Last year's projects included helping students plan and execute strategies to improve their schools' health education models.
Recently, almost 50 youth and adult advocates attended Republican and Democrat Days at the Illinois State Fair. Dressed in orange shirts that said 'Ask Me About Sex Education,' advocates collected more than 600 petition signatures in support of comprehensive sex education. In addition, ICAH recently hosted Action Out Loud, a five-day youth advocacy training camp designed to inspire young leaders and build their
skills and knowledge necessary to become leaders and agents of social change.
See www.icah.org for more information.
This article shared 4242 times since Sat Oct 1, 2005
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Day 1 executive orders impact millions of LGBTQ youth, adults of diverse communities 2021-01-20|
--From a Williams Institute press release - Today, President Biden signed a sweeping executive order directing federal agencies to adopt a comprehensive approach to advancing equity for all, including in federal employment, policies, programs, and services. This is the first day one executive ...
|Indiana to open first home for LGBTQ+ homeless youths
- Indiana's first dedicated residential facility for LGBTQ+ young adults experiencing homelessness is slated to open this year in Indianapolis, according to WLFI.com. This home was years in the making. Trinity ...
|Indiana pols propose anti-conversion therapy bill
- Indiana Stonewall Democrats issued a press release lauding state Sen. JD Ford (District 39) and state Rep. Sue Errington (District 26) for introducing a new bill to effectively end so-called "conversion therapy" practices across the state ...
|National LGBTQ organizations call for Trump's removal from office 2021-01-08|
--From a press release - New York, NY - Thursday, Jan. 7, 2020 - GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, along with leading LGBTQ legal, health, youth, justice and equality organizations, is callin ...
|WORLD Lithuania outlook, HIV/AIDS and COVID, lawyer arrested, trans youth 2020-12-27|
- Lithuania appears set to legalize same-sex civil partnerships next year, but same-sex marriage could be up to a decade away, according to Tomas Raskevicius—the country's only openly LGBT+ lawmaker, Reuters reported. "We're going to submit t ...
|11th Circuit urged to reverse decision allowing LGBTQ youth conversion therapy 2020-12-21|
--From a Born Perfect press release - ATLANTA, GA — The Born Perfect campaign submitted a friend-of-the-court brief on Friday urging reversal of a recent decision by a three-judge federal panel validating the dangerous unethical practice known ...
|SHOWBIZ Trans acting challenge, NYE parties, Charlize Theron, Diana Ross 2020-12-14|
- Michael D. Cohen, with support from Nickelodeon, is launching the Trans Youth Acting Challenge, according to a press release. Trans and non-binary kids can submit audition self-tapes online (preferably through their parents), and the top 12 ...
|Buffalo Grove LGBTQ+ teen named one of HRC's ambassadors
- The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) announced that Buffalo Grove teen Molly Pinta (she/her)—a 14-year-old who identifies as bisexual—has been named a member of the 2021 class of HRC Foundation Youth ...
|THEATER Andre De Shields to help celebrate youth Dec. 9 2020-11-11|
- Andre De Shieldsa Grammy-, Emmy- and Tony-winning actor, director and educator, and the 2019 "Triple Crown" winner for his portrayal of Hermes in Hadestownwill be the keynote speaker of the Victory Gardens Theater event "Voices of ...
|Same-sex parents are 7X more likely to raise adopted, foster children 2020-10-27|
--From a Williams Institute press release - A summary of data on same-sex parenting to inform reporting on Fulton v. City of Philadelphia On Nov. 5, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in Fulton v. City of Philadelphia. The case will ...
|Inclusive curriculum tools offered to schools during LGBTQ History Month 2020-10-20|
--From a press release - October is LGBTQ History Month, and a coalition of LGBTQ organizations are celebrating by making tools available to school administrators, educators, youth, and families to help implement the state's new Inclusive Curriculum Law. The Illinois Inclusiv ...
|About Face Theatre announces 25th season of new work, digital performances
--From a press release - CHICAGO — About Face Theatre is excited to announce plans for its landmark 25th anniversary season. Featuring new and original works, the company will focus on using digital streaming and online tools for most of the ...
|WORLD French plan, 'gay panic' defense, trans youth case, Northern Triangle 2020-10-19|
- The French government unveiled a national plan to combat hatred and discrimination against LGBTQ people, and the initiative emphasises the importance of inclusive education in stamping out homophobia, RFI.fr reported. The three-year plan aims to make ...
|Study shows young queer adults face high rates of discrimination
- A new study from the progressive think tank the Center for American Progress (CAP) and the research group NORC at the University of Chicago reported that young queer adults face high rates of discrimination. The survey ...
|Campus Pride announces 2020 Best of the Best LGBTQ-friendly colleges, universities 2020-10-14|
--From a press release - Campus Pride commemorates LGBTQ History Month and National Coming Out Day by releasing its 2020 BEST OF THE BEST LGBTQ-Friendly listing of colleges and universities. The announcement features forty campuses ...