||World Wide Weird
This article shared 2516 times since Wed Jan 12, 2005
Truth in advertising
You certainly can't accuse the proprietors of dottedlines.com of false advertising. They do, however, need to expand just a bit. Right now they only feature one kind of dotted line. They should have a variety of dotted lines in sundry weights. And an online store—they definitely should have an online store. A Goooogle search for 'dotted line sales' turned up zero sites dealing in dotted lines. They'd have the market cornered.
Saccharine overdose! Quick pass the ipecac!
Some probably will maintain that this site is romantic. We here at WWWeird are far too jaded and world-weary to get sucked in. Cheryl and Bruce were wed in 1999. He put up this site as his tribute to the 'most beautiful girl in the world.' Presumably he feels this way because he finally found a woman who would open her legs for him. I mean, look at him: his goofy smile, that schnoz, his goddamn cable sweater. We don't think he was beating the women back with a stick. His lady Cheryl's no woofer, but most beautiful girl in the world? We don't think so.
Oh for Qun's sake. get a life.
KLI is the Klingon Language Institute. The KLI 'is a nonprofit 501(cƝ corporation and exists to facilitate the scholarly exploration of the Klingon language and culture.' Exploration of Klingon language and culture? I'm not quite sure how one explores the language and culture of a civilization that never existed—sorry, I mean hasn't existed yet. Yes, we here at WWWeird are all about wasting time—creatively. Don't waste your time learning Klingon. Waste it making a portrait of Elvis out of toast.
Now this is a commendable waste of time
Here is another example of what you can do instead of learning Klingon: collect potted meats, then photograph them and put all the details up on a website. See how much better this is? You can share your obsession with the whole world, not just a few thousand or so people who seriously need to get out of the house more. The museum boasts 166 cans of Spam-like products. The disclaimer at the bottom informs us that the 'collection is for amusement purposes only. None of these meats have ever been opened or eaten.' Phew!
This article shared 2516 times since Wed Jan 12, 2005
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|WINDY CITY TIMES annual Holiday Gift Guide, Part Two
- I'll drink to that Inspired by TV host Giuliana Rancic, Giuliana Prosecco ($14.99; TerlatoWines.com) is smooth, with a fruity scent and deceptively complex taste. It may sound weird to say you settled down with Giuliana after ...
|Halloween weirdness at Sidetrack 2019-11-12|
- Photos by Jerry Nunn ...
|WINTER THEATER SPECIAL Genre-defying works dot theater landscape 2019-01-29|
- There's a lot to be excited about on Chicago's upcoming theater slate. Winter promises dozens of shows premiering with weird, powerful and hilarious stories, and featuring fantastic casts. Get ready to put on your snow boots, ...
|Glad Rags' 'Wonder 'Under': An emotional kaleidoscope 2018-11-14|
- Local queer psychedelic orchestra band Glad Rags' second full-length album, Wonder Under, is an eclectic and weird ride in all the best ways. Although bringing to mind Tom Waits, with rich vocals graveling over horn and ...
|Northalsted Frost Fest, Feb. 25-26 2017-02-22|
- Cool off in this weirdly warm February at Northalsted Frost Fest, taking place this weekend, Sat., February 25 and Sun., February 26. Saturday brings you a Craft Beer Festival, featuring over 40 craft brews with the ...
|BOOK REVIEW You Don't Own Me: The Life and Times of Lesley Gore 2015-12-30|
- Your closet is packed with mistakes. Odd-colored shirts, patchwork jeans, alligators, prairie wear, weird ties, you wore it all once. But will those things ever be in style again, even if you wait long enough? No, ...
|DANCIN' FEATS A queer dance romance
by Lauren Warnecke - "It's kind of weird to be in a relationship in this community," said Erica Ricketts, 23, a 2013 grad of the Dance Center of Columbia College Chicago. As she navigates the challenging task of making a ...
- Barrel of Monkeys' That's Weird, Grandma: The Holiday Special is just like other editions of the family-friendly sketch show that draws its inspiration from writing workshops conducted with elementary students in underserved ...
|CRITICS' PICKS 2013-09-18|
- The Book of Mormon, Bank of America Theatre, through Oct. 6. Time is running out to catch this wildly acclaimed hit 2011 Broadway musical that not only takes pot-shots at some of the weirder aspects of ...
|DEEP TISSUE 2013-09-18|
a touching new column - One of the more entertaining aspects of doing massage on the fringe is some of the more eccentric weirdos that would grace my table. Many of them were repeat clients. My assumption was that once they ...
|DEEP TISSUE 2013-07-24|
a touching new column - During the years that I practiced massage some of the more memorable moments were spent fielding calls from prospective clients that ranged from simply inappropriate to weird and angry. Here are a few of the highlights: ...
|The hectic writing life of Ike Holter
SCOTTISH PLAY SCOTT - Chicago playwright Ike Holter is one busy man. The 28-year-old playwright behind last year's wildly acclaimed Stonewall Riots drama Hit the Wall has two new works debuting days apart: A 10-minute piece called Weirdo that's part ...
THEATER REVIEW - Playwright: Young Jean Lee. At: Red Tape Theatre, 621 W. Belmont Ave. (St. Peter's Church). Tickets: www.redtapetheatre.org; $25. Runs through: June 22 Weird play. Psycho-drama, really, akin to a much gentler version of Sarah Kane, the ...
|Billy Masters 2013-05-21|
- "Who hasn't dated a gay dude? He didn't tell me, but I just sort of figured it out. There were weird things he would say. He once tried on my heels. ... That was a pretty big indication."Gabourey Sidibe shares her ...
- Often ridiculed as a weird 1980 cult film musical that incorporates Greek mythology amid a roller disco, Xanadu has since gained some redemption in a critically acclaimed 2007 Broadway musical adaptation. Out playwright Douglas Carter Beane ...