||World Wide Weird
This article shared 3444 times since Wed Nov 22, 2006
LET IT GLOW, LET IT GLOW, LET IT GLOW
Pripyat was a town inhabited primarily by workers at Chernobyl. You've heard of Chernobyl, site of the worst nuclear accident EVER. The core underwent a meltdown not dissimilar to the one I experience when I'm forced to venture into the Andersonville Jewel on a Saturday. Caesium-137 and strontium-90 are pesky little buggers, so the town won't be habitable by humans for the next few centuries. This site is a memorial to it put up by former residents. I imagine we'll see a similar site for New Orleans in a few years. What? We're rebuilding New Orleans? Yeah, and OJ's still looking for Nicole's killers... .'
I wonder what he's eating for Thanksgiving
Mmmmm.... balut.... my favorite! What? You've never had balut?! Well, sweetie you better get your ass to the Phillipines because your life is just not complete until you've had yourself some boiled duck foetus. It's scrumptious! Or how about some duck tongues and feet? Some dog? 'Not so much,' you say? Well, even if you don't want to participate corporealy in such activities, you can still experience them vicariously through the Food Tube. This feller is munchin' all the nasty stuff so you don't have to. He says he's going veggie in a few years. Eating all this shit is going to make that an easy transition.
for the love of god people, get a life
Home pages for doggies and kitties posted by their socially retarded owners. There are over 200,000 dog pages and over 90,000 cat pages. You may interpret that to mean that dogs are twice as popular as cats. I however, intrepret it to mean that dog owners are twice as ridiculous as cat owners. And my cats Wilkes, Jefferson and Freddy completely concur. I would never post a home page for them. That's silly. Submitting their pics to KittenWars, InfiniteCat or CatInSinks is a whole different issue. That's art.
Clinch, Relax. repeat 100 times
This is the homepage of the author of the classic Engrish book How to Goodbye Depression: If you constrict anus 100 times everyday. Malarkey? or Effective way? Apparently sphincter exercises are effective for anti-aging, good-bye depression, fine life, beauty treatment,intuition, hair loss, conjugal affection, and incontience in middle-aged or old women. Why it even stimulates sex hormones. Best of all, you don't need to join a gym or buy any fancy equipment. All you need is Hiroyuki Nishigaki's book. What have you got lose besides $16.95? It's a delightful, if sometimes puzzling, read. And, hey, even if it doesn't 'goodbye depression,' I'll bet it'll 'hello happy boyfriend.'
This article shared 3444 times since Wed Nov 22, 2006
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|WINDY CITY TIMES annual Holiday Gift Guide, Part Two
- I'll drink to that Inspired by TV host Giuliana Rancic, Giuliana Prosecco ($14.99; TerlatoWines.com) is smooth, with a fruity scent and deceptively complex taste. It may sound weird to say you settled down with Giuliana after ...
|Halloween weirdness at Sidetrack 2019-11-12|
- Photos by Jerry Nunn ...
|WINTER THEATER SPECIAL Genre-defying works dot theater landscape 2019-01-29|
- There's a lot to be excited about on Chicago's upcoming theater slate. Winter promises dozens of shows premiering with weird, powerful and hilarious stories, and featuring fantastic casts. Get ready to put on your snow boots, ...
|Glad Rags' 'Wonder 'Under': An emotional kaleidoscope 2018-11-14|
- Local queer psychedelic orchestra band Glad Rags' second full-length album, Wonder Under, is an eclectic and weird ride in all the best ways. Although bringing to mind Tom Waits, with rich vocals graveling over horn and ...
|Northalsted Frost Fest, Feb. 25-26 2017-02-22|
- Cool off in this weirdly warm February at Northalsted Frost Fest, taking place this weekend, Sat., February 25 and Sun., February 26. Saturday brings you a Craft Beer Festival, featuring over 40 craft brews with the ...
|BOOK REVIEW You Don't Own Me: The Life and Times of Lesley Gore 2015-12-30|
- Your closet is packed with mistakes. Odd-colored shirts, patchwork jeans, alligators, prairie wear, weird ties, you wore it all once. But will those things ever be in style again, even if you wait long enough? No, ...
|DANCIN' FEATS A queer dance romance
by Lauren Warnecke - "It's kind of weird to be in a relationship in this community," said Erica Ricketts, 23, a 2013 grad of the Dance Center of Columbia College Chicago. As she navigates the challenging task of making a ...
- Barrel of Monkeys' That's Weird, Grandma: The Holiday Special is just like other editions of the family-friendly sketch show that draws its inspiration from writing workshops conducted with elementary students in underserved ...
|CRITICS' PICKS 2013-09-18|
- The Book of Mormon, Bank of America Theatre, through Oct. 6. Time is running out to catch this wildly acclaimed hit 2011 Broadway musical that not only takes pot-shots at some of the weirder aspects of ...
|DEEP TISSUE 2013-09-18|
a touching new column - One of the more entertaining aspects of doing massage on the fringe is some of the more eccentric weirdos that would grace my table. Many of them were repeat clients. My assumption was that once they ...
|DEEP TISSUE 2013-07-24|
a touching new column - During the years that I practiced massage some of the more memorable moments were spent fielding calls from prospective clients that ranged from simply inappropriate to weird and angry. Here are a few of the highlights: ...
|The hectic writing life of Ike Holter
SCOTTISH PLAY SCOTT - Chicago playwright Ike Holter is one busy man. The 28-year-old playwright behind last year's wildly acclaimed Stonewall Riots drama Hit the Wall has two new works debuting days apart: A 10-minute piece called Weirdo that's part ...
THEATER REVIEW - Playwright: Young Jean Lee. At: Red Tape Theatre, 621 W. Belmont Ave. (St. Peter's Church). Tickets: www.redtapetheatre.org; $25. Runs through: June 22 Weird play. Psycho-drama, really, akin to a much gentler version of Sarah Kane, the ...
|Billy Masters 2013-05-21|
- "Who hasn't dated a gay dude? He didn't tell me, but I just sort of figured it out. There were weird things he would say. He once tried on my heels. ... That was a pretty big indication."Gabourey Sidibe shares her ...
- Often ridiculed as a weird 1980 cult film musical that incorporates Greek mythology amid a roller disco, Xanadu has since gained some redemption in a critically acclaimed 2007 Broadway musical adaptation. Out playwright Douglas Carter Beane ...