||World Wide Weird
This article shared 2524 times since Wed Apr 12, 2006
If you ever need to kill an hour or so, you can wander over to the US Patent Office website (patft.uspto.gov) a try a search on terms like 'dog' or 'penis' (or even 'dog penis'), but if you're in a hurry (or just lazy) head over to PatentlySilly.com instead. They've done the heavy lifting for you and have dug up and linked to the patents for such critical inventions as the bottle opener hat, the strap-on vomit bag, the amazing, expandable breast implant, and plenty of other things you weren't aware the world needed.
I'm Exploitin' It!
Want to run a large, environmentally unfriendly corporation? Well the McDonald's videogame gives you the chance. Are you up to managing the complex nature of big business? You'll have to keep the supply chain filled, the restaurants running, and corporate image on brand. I wonder if they make a WalMart version. There you would open in a small town and drive the local retailers out of business. Once the town was dependent on you as the sole retailer, you can close your store because it's not making enough money.
Mama, Don't Take my Kodachrome away
The proprietor of this site collects old cameras which ccasionally he finds still contain film. When he finds a roll of 'lost' film, he develops the images and posts them. Some of these films sat in the cameras for over 60 years. Given the fragile nature of film, the fact that any images survived is pretty amazing. These were taken back in the day when, as film and development were expensive, people only photographed things that were special to them. That makes rediscovering these images somewhat poignant, and very cool.
Now these are real Yahoos
Photos of the scariest looking people in the Yahoo! Personals section. This place is like the Fugly.com annex! It seems that Internet access has achieved quite a level of penetration in the trailer parks.
Wow. You'd think that the photographer might have said, 'Wait, let me take another one. That one didn't turn out very good.' Then again, maybe he did.
This article shared 2524 times since Wed Apr 12, 2006
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|WINDY CITY TIMES annual Holiday Gift Guide, Part Two
- I'll drink to that Inspired by TV host Giuliana Rancic, Giuliana Prosecco ($14.99; TerlatoWines.com) is smooth, with a fruity scent and deceptively complex taste. It may sound weird to say you settled down with Giuliana after ...
|Halloween weirdness at Sidetrack 2019-11-12|
- Photos by Jerry Nunn ...
|WINTER THEATER SPECIAL Genre-defying works dot theater landscape 2019-01-29|
- There's a lot to be excited about on Chicago's upcoming theater slate. Winter promises dozens of shows premiering with weird, powerful and hilarious stories, and featuring fantastic casts. Get ready to put on your snow boots, ...
|Glad Rags' 'Wonder 'Under': An emotional kaleidoscope 2018-11-14|
- Local queer psychedelic orchestra band Glad Rags' second full-length album, Wonder Under, is an eclectic and weird ride in all the best ways. Although bringing to mind Tom Waits, with rich vocals graveling over horn and ...
|Northalsted Frost Fest, Feb. 25-26 2017-02-22|
- Cool off in this weirdly warm February at Northalsted Frost Fest, taking place this weekend, Sat., February 25 and Sun., February 26. Saturday brings you a Craft Beer Festival, featuring over 40 craft brews with the ...
|BOOK REVIEW You Don't Own Me: The Life and Times of Lesley Gore 2015-12-30|
- Your closet is packed with mistakes. Odd-colored shirts, patchwork jeans, alligators, prairie wear, weird ties, you wore it all once. But will those things ever be in style again, even if you wait long enough? No, ...
|DANCIN' FEATS A queer dance romance
by Lauren Warnecke - "It's kind of weird to be in a relationship in this community," said Erica Ricketts, 23, a 2013 grad of the Dance Center of Columbia College Chicago. As she navigates the challenging task of making a ...
- Barrel of Monkeys' That's Weird, Grandma: The Holiday Special is just like other editions of the family-friendly sketch show that draws its inspiration from writing workshops conducted with elementary students in underserved ...
|CRITICS' PICKS 2013-09-18|
- The Book of Mormon, Bank of America Theatre, through Oct. 6. Time is running out to catch this wildly acclaimed hit 2011 Broadway musical that not only takes pot-shots at some of the weirder aspects of ...
|DEEP TISSUE 2013-09-18|
a touching new column - One of the more entertaining aspects of doing massage on the fringe is some of the more eccentric weirdos that would grace my table. Many of them were repeat clients. My assumption was that once they ...
|DEEP TISSUE 2013-07-24|
a touching new column - During the years that I practiced massage some of the more memorable moments were spent fielding calls from prospective clients that ranged from simply inappropriate to weird and angry. Here are a few of the highlights: ...
|The hectic writing life of Ike Holter
SCOTTISH PLAY SCOTT - Chicago playwright Ike Holter is one busy man. The 28-year-old playwright behind last year's wildly acclaimed Stonewall Riots drama Hit the Wall has two new works debuting days apart: A 10-minute piece called Weirdo that's part ...
THEATER REVIEW - Playwright: Young Jean Lee. At: Red Tape Theatre, 621 W. Belmont Ave. (St. Peter's Church). Tickets: www.redtapetheatre.org; $25. Runs through: June 22 Weird play. Psycho-drama, really, akin to a much gentler version of Sarah Kane, the ...
|Billy Masters 2013-05-21|
- "Who hasn't dated a gay dude? He didn't tell me, but I just sort of figured it out. There were weird things he would say. He once tried on my heels. ... That was a pretty big indication."Gabourey Sidibe shares her ...
- Often ridiculed as a weird 1980 cult film musical that incorporates Greek mythology amid a roller disco, Xanadu has since gained some redemption in a critically acclaimed 2007 Broadway musical adaptation. Out playwright Douglas Carter Beane ...