WINDY CITY TIMES
||Will Smith resigns from Academy
This article shared 787 times since Fri Apr 1, 2022
On April 1two days after the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' (AMPAS) Board of Governors initiated self-described "disciplinary proceedings" against Will Smith over his slap of Chris Rock at this year's Oscarsthe King Richard winner pre-empted the harshest punishment that he could have received and left the organization of his own will, Deadline reported.
On March 30after a sometimes contentious virtual meeting of the more than 50 Governors, including Steven Spielberg, Ava DuVernay and Rita WilsonSmith was informed he had 15 days to respond in writing to their assertion that he violated the Academy's standards of conduct with his violent behavior on March 27.
The group was then scheduled to meet on April 18 to decide Smith's fate.
The exit by Smith from AMPAS also comes as further controversy swirls about how Smith was asked to exit the Dolby Theater on March 27 after striking and screaming at Rock on live TV after he cracked about Jada Pinkett-Smith's hair.
This article shared 787 times since Fri Apr 1, 2022
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Actor Ezra Miller supposedly housing people at firearm-filled farm 2022-06-24|
- Non-binary actor Ezra Miller is allegedly housing a young mother and her three small children at a Vermont farm, which is allegedly littered with firearms, ammunition and marijuana, according to a Page Six item that cited ...
|'Hacks,' 'Euphoria' lead LGBTQ+ critics' Dorian TV nominations 2022-06-23|
-- From a press release - JUNE 22, 2022 - The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics—now composed of 385 professional critics and journalists covering film and television—announced its 14th Dorian TV Awards nominations for the best in all of TV, mainstream to ...
|TELEVISION 'A League of Their Own' screening July 2 in Rockford 2022-06-23|
-- From a press release - ROCKFORD, Illinois — June 22, 2022 — Prime Video and the City of Rockford will team up to host a free advance screening of the upcoming Prime Video original series A League of Their Own. The ...
|Chicago Philharmonic launches 2022-23 season 2022-06-21|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO, IL - (June 20, 2022) Chicago Philharmonic has announced its 2022-23 symphonic season on the heels of a 2021-22 season that ended with the sold-out Chicago Premiere of Marvel Studios' Black Panther in Concert. The ...
|DANCE Chicago's Joffrey Ballet releasing Pride video filmed in NYC 2022-06-20|
- The Joffrey Ballet and Action Linesa video-production company founded by Joffrey artists Xavier Nunez and Dylan Gutierrez as well as writer/producer Eric Granthave unveiled a video filmed at the FDR Four Freedoms State Park (on New ...
|Gloria Allen screening/gathering to take place June 23 2022-06-20|
- A film screening/community gathering to honor the late trans icon Gloria Allen (also known as Mama Gloria) will take place Thursday, June 23, 6-8 p.m., at the South Side Community Art Center, 3831 S. Michigan Ave. ...
|Billy Masters 2022-06-20|
- "u don't know my alphabet."Sexy Lukas Gage (from The White Lotus; Love, Victor; and the rebooted Queer as Folk) tweets his response to criticism that Hollywood shouldn't hire him to play LGBTQIA+ roles. When asked to ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Lightyear,' celebrity event, LGBT runner, Mariah Carey 2022-06-19|
Video below - Pixar's latest film Lightyear is hitting theaters, and it has a special moment for gay fans—a same-sex kiss between the character Hawthorne (voiced by Uzo Aduba) and her female partner—that almost didn't happen, Out Magazine note ...
|Spacey charged with sexual assault; UK hearing set for June 16 2022-06-13|
- British authorities have charged actor Kevin Spacey with four counts of sexual assault and a further offense, Deadline reported. The actor has also been charged with causing a person to "engage in penetrative sexual activity without ...
|SHOWBIZ Jodie Comer, 'Queer As Folk,' trans film, Tom of Finland photos 2022-06-12|
- Jodie Comerthe Emmy- and BAFTA-winning actress perhaps best known for playing LGBTQ+ assassin Villanelle on BBC America's Killing Evewill make her Broadway debut next spring in Prima Facie, a new play by Suzie Miller, Deadline noted. ...
|Rebel Wilson comes out as LGBTQ+ [UPDATE] 2022-06-09|
- It's fitting that, during Pride Month, actress Rebel Wilson has seemingly come out as a member of the LGBTQ+ community. On June 9, Wilson shared an Instagram post beside her new love, with the caption: "I ...
|WTTW celebrates LGBTQ+ Pride Month with special content 2022-06-08|
- WTTW recently released its schedule of special programming in celebration of LGBTQ Pride Month. Highlights include: True Colors: LGBTQ+ Our Stories, Our Songs (NEW) Wed., June 8 at 9:30 pm Offering a unique look at the ...
|2022 MTV Movie & TV Awards & Movie & TV Awards unveiled 2022-06-06|
-- From a press release - New York, New York: (June 5, 2022) - The 2022 MTV Movie & TV Awards, hosted by Vanessa Hudgens, honored the biggest and brightest stars in movies and television with an epic, one-night only global event ...
|Billy Masters 2022-06-06|
- "My mother says that she will not sleep with anybody over the age of 25."—Rocco Ritchie talking about Madonna. This tidbit came courtesy of Dame Joan Collins—who prefaced the quote by saying "We were with her ...
|SHOWBIZ Variety list, Billy Porter, Jamie Lee Curtis, Janelle Monae 2022-06-05|
- In honor of Pride Month, Variety published "55 Queer Artists and Decision-Makers to Know in 2022." A few of those on the list include Bridgerton actor Jonathan Bailey; actor Sara Ramirez (And Just Like That…; Grey's ...