WINDY CITY TIMES
This article shared 4704 times since Fri Jun 3, 2016
Christina Wiesmore and Heather Roberts were married on Saturday, May 28, 2016 in a rooftop ceremony at Lacuna Artist Lofts in Chicago. A reception in the Reverie Gallery immediately followed the beautiful skyline ceremony and featured entertainment by local band Catfight.
Christina, a leader in the Chicago LGBTQ community, is co-founder of the popular women's pride event Back Lot Bash and also serves as a member of the board of the Chicago Metropolitan Sports Association.
Heather, who moved to Chicago three years ago, serves as legal counsel to Motorola Mobility and is a board member of StartOut Chicago and leader of the LGBT@Moto employee resource group.
The ceremony was officiated by Amie Klujian, Christina's business partner and close friend of both brides. Bridesmaids on Christina's side were Patricia Fukuda, Lisa Almaguer, Emily Hoskins and Monica Howe-Morin. Heather's bridesmaids were Courtney VanLonkhuyzen, Angela Daley Tideman, Chloe Willstrom and Trisha VanMeter.
Photos by Michelle Lytle Photography.
This article shared 4704 times since Fri Jun 3, 2016
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Hungarian protesters defy prime minister with sizable march 2021-07-25|
- In Hungary, approximately 30,000 people joined the annual Pride celebrations in the capital of Budapest on July 24, with attendees marching in colorful outfits in support of inclusion and freedom, according to CNN.com. However, this year ...
|Buffalo Grove teen among GLAAD's '20 Under 20'
- Molly Pintaa 15-year-old who was the catalyst behind Pride celebrations in Buffalo Grove, including this year's Pride Driveis listed in Teen Vogue as one of GLAAD's second annual 20 Under 20 list. Pinta is a bisexual ...
|Illinois Holocaust Museum Panel Discussion: Pride in the time of COVID-19 2021-06-07|
--From a press release - The global pandemic has been a roadblock to traditions and celebrations for consecutive years. Since the 1970s, the last Sunday in June was an opportunity for thousands of LGBTQ+ individuals to celebrate their individuality, to be ...
|Refugee Coalition of East Africa calls for attention to anti-queer violence 2021-05-07|
--From a press release - On May 17, the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia will be observed worldwide, followed by many celebrations of Pride in the month of June. We at the Refugee Coalition of East Africa will raise ...
|WNBA marking Women's History Month
- In celebration of Women's History Month, the WNBA announced plans for the league's landmark 25th season, which include the new campaign "Count It" and a 25th-season logo. Among season-long celebrations to highlight the league's milestones and ...
|New honorees named for Nat'l LGBTQ Wall of Honor at Stonewall Inn 2020-06-30|
- New York, NY—During last year's 50th anniversary celebrations of the Stonewall Riots, the oldest LGBTQ organization in North America, The International Imperial Court System of the U.S.A, Canada and Mexico, established in 1965, and the oldest ...
|International Prides coming together for June 27 event amid COVID-19 cancellations 2020-04-01|
- Pride organizations around the world have come together to organize a "Global Pride" event on Saturday, June 27, in response to the hundreds of Pride celebrations that have been cancelled or postponed because of the COVID-19 ...
|Yarbrough officiates special Valentine's Day wedding 2020-02-18|
- On Valentine's Day, Cook County Clerk Karen Yarbrough officiated the wedding of Bronzeville couple Ivan Bujan, 34, and Charles Long, 40, in the Cook County Clerk's Vital Records Bureau office downtown. Their marriage date fells on ...
|CONCERTS Daya; Brandi Carlile; Taste of Chicago 2019-07-23|
- If the Chicago area celebrations for the 50th anniversary of The Stonewall Riots toward the end of June seemed to be epic and numerous, the smaller events and aftershocks in July managed to be just as ...
|Evanston holding inaugural Pride Fest July 25 2019-07-23|
- In an effort to extend Pride celebrations past the month of June, the City of Evanston will host an inaugural Evanston Pride Fest on Thursday, July 25, 6:30-8:30 p.m., at Fountain Square Plaza. Pride Fest will ...
|Celebrate Pride, take a road trip! 2019-06-26|
- June is busting all over, thanks to LGBT Pride celebrations scheduled throughout the month. This particular June is of huge importance to our community. It marks the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots that took place ...
|StoryCorps Stonewall OutLoud initiative includes Chicago LGBTQ elders 2019-06-24|
- As Pride Celebrations Nationwide Mark the Anniversary, StoryCorps Provides an Opportunity for One-on-One Reflection on the Impact of the 1969 Uprising, and a Chance to Preserve These Stories Before They Are Lost to History StoryCorps, the ...
|THE AMAZON TRAIL How to celebrate Valentine's Day 2019-02-13|
- Valentine's Day is one of those do-it-yourself celebrations. There are no parades or feasts or family gatherings. When I was single, I could always count on a card from my mother and, needless to say, would ...
|Illinois marks five years of marriage equality Tuesday 2018-11-20|
- SPRINGFIELD — Illinois became the 16th state to legalize same-sex marriage when marriage equality legislation was signed into law five years ago on Nov. 20, 2013. Illinois was ahead of the nation in the fight for ...
|'Artful' event includes nude models 2018-09-12|
- Having started in New York City, The Artful Bachelorettean event that is a drawing class with nude models and drinkinghas started in Chicago. Despite its name, the event (two-hour private party) is also for birthday celebrations, ...