WINDY CITY TIMES
||White House: Carol Attak a 'Champion of Change'
Manages mentoring program including LGBT-owned, other diverse suppliers
This article shared 3960 times since Mon Mar 5, 2012
Washington, DC On Wednesday, March 7th, the White House will honor Carol Attak as one of eleven local leaders being recognized as Champions of Change for outstanding leadership in entrepreneurial mentoring, counseling and training. These exceptional leaders support small business owners by helping them accelerate their path to growth.
"Entrepreneurial mentors help American business owners fulfill their dreams every day," said U.S. Small Business Administration Deputy Administrator Marie Johns. "Mentors volunteer their time to provide the counseling and expertise that small business owners need to succeed and create jobs. In turn, entrepreneurs and small businesses support their local economy and provide goods and services to their neighbors. These mentors are true Champions of Change, and I am pleased to have the opportunity to celebrate their success."
The Champions of Change program was created as a part of President Obama's Winning the Future initiative. Each week, a different sector is highlighted and groups of Champions, ranging from educators to entrepreneurs to community leaders, are recognized for the work they are doing to serve and strengthen their communities.
Small businesses create two out of every three new jobs, and half the people who work in America own or work for a small business. Many of these entrepreneurs would not be where they are today without the help of a mentor to provide them with expert advice. Small business owners make up the fabric of our daily lives from the shops on main streets to the high-growth innovative companies and they are creating an economy built to last.
To learn more about our Champions go to www.whitehouse.gov/champions and to watch the event live, go to www.whitehouse.gov/live at 12:00pm ET on March 7th.
Carol Attak is the Supplier Diversity Program Manager for Accenture, a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 244,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Carol helps manage Accenture's Diverse Supplier Development Program, a formal mentoring program in which Accenture executives team with selected minority-owned, women-owned, LGBT-owned, small and other diverse suppliers to help them develop and grow their businesses. The program also offers training symposia, knowledge exchange and networking opportunities. Accenture is now conducting the third class of this 18-month program. When this class graduates, the program will have mentored more than 50 diverse business entities, and Accenture has plans to enhance and evolve the program in the coming years.
This article shared 3960 times since Mon Mar 5, 2012
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Mayor Lightfoot to present awards at Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame induction ceremony 2021-09-21|
- The Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame, celebrating its 30th year, announced today that it will hold a scaled-back version of its annual induction ceremony for 2021 inductees on Wednesday Oct. 6, at 5:30-8 p.m. The event ...
|Few LGBTQ nods from the Emmys even as RuPaul makes TV history 2021-09-21|
- Netflix's The Crown and Apple TV+'s Ted Lasso were among the big winners as the Television Academy presented its 2021 Emmy Awards on Sept. 19 in Los Angeles. While the Academy had drawn praise for the ...
|MUSIC Lil Nas X wins top award at MTV VMAs 2021-09-13|
- The MTV VMA Awards took place Sept. 12and an LGBTQ+ artist took home one of the night's top awards. Lil Nas X won Video of the Year for "Montero (Call Me By Your Name)," besting Cardi ...
|Nat'l Black Justice Coalition, James Baldwin Legacy Awards honor Black elders 2021-08-21|
--From a press release - On Saturday, August 21, 2021, at 12:00pm ET, the National Black Justice Coalition (NBJC) and AARP, will host a virtual celebration entitled the James Baldwin Legacy Awards in honor of the invaluable contributions of Black men ...
|Jered Pruitt, CASL COO, honored as a Crain's Chicago Business 2021 Notable LGBTQ Exec 2021-08-06|
- Chicago — The Chinese American Service League (CASL), the largest AAPI social service agency in the Midwest, is proud to announce that Chief Operating Officer Jered Pruitt was honored as a Crain's Chicago Business 2021 Notable ...
|Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame seeks members for selection committee 2021-06-10|
- The Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame, celebrating its 30th anniversary, invited the LGBTQ+ community to nominate individuals, organizations, businesses, and allies for the 2021 Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame and the response was tremendous. The Chicago ...
|NBC Out releases annual #Pride30 list 2021-06-05|
--From a press release - NBC Out, part of NBCNews.com, has released its annual #Pride30 list, recognizing members of the LGBTQ community around the world who are making a difference. This year's list honors 30 lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer ...
|Wisconsin LGBTQ History fundraiser honors 60th anniversary of LGBTQ uprising 2021-06-01|
--From a press release - Milwaukee, WI - As Pride Month kicks off today across America, the Wisconsin LGBTQ History Project is launching a campaign to celebrate the birthplace of "pride" in Wisconsin, recognize a turning point in local LGBTQ history, ...
|Chicago LGBT veterans honor the fallen on Memorial Day 2021-05-31|
- The Chicago Chapter of the American Veterans for Equal Rights (AVER) honored the fallen on Memorial Day with flowers at the granite monument on Halsted Street and Addison which honors LGBTQ veterans. The monument was commissioned ...
|West Hollywood celebrates Pride on Harvey Milk Day, honors Lady Gaga and The Abbey 2021-05-24|
- Each year in California, the City of West Hollywood celebrates the artistic contributions of the LGBTQ community with its 40-day-long One City One Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival. The festival kicked off on Harvey Milk Day (May ...
|Little library honoring John Pennycuff is unveiled 2021-05-24|
- Chicago's Unity Park Advisory Council (UPAC) held "Park Day" May 22 at the site, 2636 N. Kimball Ave.and one of the events involved the unveiling of a custom-designed little library that honors late LGBTQ-rights activist John ...
|National Black Justice Coalition honors the life of Monica Roberts 2021-05-04|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON, DC — Today, the National Black Justice Coalition (NBJC) celebrates the life and accomplishments of Monica Roberts, a revered transgender journalist, activist, and founder of the award-winning publication TransGriot. ...
|Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame announces online nominations 2021-04-23|
- The Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame announced today that it has made its entire nomination process available online. Those wishing to nominate individuals, organizations, businesses, or "Friends of the Community, may now do so without having ...
|Hall of Fame honors 21 LGBTQ elected and appointed leaders 2021-04-19|
--From a press release - Washington, DC — On Sunday, May 2 during a virtual event, LGBTQ Victory Institute will launch its LGBTQ Victory Hall of Fame to honor the LGBTQ elected officials, appointed officials and candidates who made a lasting ...
|GALECA: The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics hands out Dorian Awards 2021-04-19|
--From a press release - LOS ANGELES, CA, April 18, 2021 — Nomadland, the spare and fact-based drama of a group of struggling Americans living off the grid; the vivid blueswoman biopic Ma Rainey's Black Bottom; the family-happy fish-out-of-water fable Minari; ...