||What Have I Done?
by KIRK WILLIAMSON
This article shared 1222 times since Wed Sep 22, 2004
Kisses to cover girl Phoenix, aka Miss Gay Joliet, portrayed a la 'I Wish U Heaven,' Prince 1988. You know you'll get the best out of a drag queen photo shoot when all her best girls are on hand to pose, preen and provide a towel. Check her out, and all her cohorts at the Purple Party this Saturday at Maneuvers. That should make DJ Sit-n-Spin happy. And as we all know, it's all about making him happy.
Sad to see Mark at Jackhammer leave us on a jet plane. But what a send-off. Napkins everywhere! If you know Jackhammer on Creaoke nights, you know what I'm talking about. Endless love, Reynolds.
Can't wait to get my Ketel One martini, complete with manicure at Hydrate on Tuesday night. Great idea! Look next week for a little photo exposé on the whole sordid affair.
Where was Stella after I trekked all the way out to Temptations just to see her? Did the fleet come in? Get off your fucking knees and call me, bitch!
Confidential to you-know-who at Touché—give a guy some warning before you jam your tongue down his throat. Not O.K.
Make sure you get to Bucks for their 2 day carnival. It's for a great cause (DirectAid) and you can eat like a pig. A duet of pleasures!
This article shared 1222 times since Wed Sep 22, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Pride Parade coordinator provides latest on the 'likely scenario' for event 2021-05-08|
- Tim Frye, the coordinator of the 2021 Pride Parade, told Windy City Times that the assessment of this year's event has not changed over the last few weeks. The official statement/assessment at this point is: "We ...
|OUTspoken Storytelling to host tales from LGBTQ perspectives Nov. 10 2020-11-01|
--From a press release - Another exciting OUTspoken Storytelling Night will offer the perspective of four Chicagoans telling life's stories from their LGBTQ+ viewpoint or that of their close friends and relatives, Tuesday, Nov. 10, starting at 7 p.m. on Zoom. ...
|Arts in the Dark Halloween Parade, this year a drive-through 2020-10-26|
--From a Chicago Park District press release - CHICAGO: LUMA8, in collaboration with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE), the Chicago Park District and Presenting Sponsor, the Blommer Chocolate Company, is pleased to announce Arts in the Dark - an UPSIDE ...
|Nightlines 1990-2001, Nightspots 2001-2015 2020-09-30|
- Throughout the 1990s, Nightlines focused on the LGBTQ entertainment scene, from the bars to the stage and everything in between. With the new millennium came a significant format change as Nightspots focused in on the bar ...
|PASSAGES Former Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster dies at 37 2020-09-27|
- Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster died Sept. 17 unexpectedly at the age of 37. At the time of this article's publication, Sangster's cause of death is unknown. Sangster was born June 4, 1983, on a Jacksonville, North ...
|PASSAGES Gay business owner/nightlife figure Bob Yeaworth dies 2020-09-20|
- Gay business owner and promoter Robert "Bob" Yeaworth died Sept. 14 from complications due to his ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease) diagnosis. He was 64. Yeaworth was born Sept. 17, 1955 in Cincinnati, Ohio, ...
|PASSAGES Medusa's owner Dave Shelton passes away 2020-08-19|
- Dave Shelton, a.k.a. Dave "Medusa" Sheltonso named for his trademark frizzy locks "just was different," recalled his good friend of 45 years, Richard Cooke. Shelton was the proprietor of the iconic nightspot Medusa's on Sheffield in ...
|Gerber/Hart fall benefit Sept. 12-13
- The Gerber/Hart Library and Archives fall benefit"Saving LGBTQ History: Archives in a Time of Activism"will take place Sept. 12-13 at the venue, 6500 N. Clark St. On those days, there will be a series of 90-minute ...
|Holocaust Museum's virtual soiree Sept. 2 2020-08-06|
- On Wed., Sept. 2, Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center's Women's Leadership Committee will host its annual soirée virtually. The event will stream live from a studio with a star-studded line-up featuring a musical performance by ...
|Virtual OPALGA+ scholarship gala slated for Oct. 24 2020-08-06|
- OPALGA+/Oak Park Area Lesbian & Gay Association will hold a virtual scholarship gala Saturday, Oct. 24, at 7 p.m. The event will feature video clips from the organization's scholarship winners, the Founder's Award celebration and opportunities ...
|La Cage aux FUN, opening weekend at A-ville's The Bird Cage 2020-07-22|
- Photos by Joseph Stevens Photography ...
|Survey open for potential Boystown name change 2020-07-21|
- Northalsted Business Alliance is asking for the public to weigh in on the "Boystown" moniker. The Alliance has published a survey asking community members' opinions on the Lake View neighborhood, which was officially designated an "LGBTQ+ ...
|Last call for Little Jim's 2020-07-05|
- Longtime Lake View tavern Little Jim's shut its doors July 2. Billing itself as "the original hookup bar," Jim Gates opened Little Jim's in 1975, and it was one of the first gay bars in the Boystown area. Gates sold the ...
Replay closes July 5-6 after employee tests positive 2020-07-05|
- The restaurant Replay Andersonville, 5358 N. Clark St., is closing July 5-6 after owner Mark Liberson posted on Facebook that an employee tested positive for COVID-19. On July 5, Liberson posted, "While this post is not ...
|Pride Fest Chicago goes virtual 2020-06-24|
- Chicago's beloved annual Pride Fest made the move to Twitch for a special Virtual Pride Fest, presented by Northalsted Business Alliance and Gilead Sciences. The virtual fest streamed on the platform over two nights, Saturday, June ...