||Wendy Williams, Studs Terkel in radio hall of fame
This article shared 5482 times since Tue Sep 1, 2009
Wendy Williams left her daily radio program, "The Wendy Williams Experience," at the end of July to concentrate on her very LGBT-friendly television talk show, The Wendy Williams Show, the New York Times reported. The radio show had been broadcast since 2002 on WBLS-FM in New York and was syndicated nationally.
However, Williams recently received some good news regarding her years in radio: National Radio Hall of Fame Chairman Bruce DuMont called Williams to tell her that she is one of the 2009 inductees into the hall, causing her to shed tears. Williams responded, "I got here through being pretty popular on the radio ... I'm just Wendy from the radio, a girl from Jersey who had a dream," according to Streaming Magazine.
Among the other inductees is the late Studs Terkel, who hosted his own program on WFMT/Chicago from 1958 to 1998, according to the hall's Web site. Premiere Radio Networks will produce and distribute the live induction broadcast from Chicago Saturday, Nov. 7, at 9 p.m. Tickets for the black-tie induction-gala benefit are $350 each and may be purchased online at www.RadioHOF.org .
This article shared 5482 times since Tue Sep 1, 2009
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Lil Nas X part of 'Jingle Ball' on Dec. 7 2021-11-17|
- Queer rapper Lil Nas X will headline KISS FM's Jingle Ball Presented by Capital One this year, run in coordination with iHeart Radio. The event will take place Tuesday, Dec. 7, at Allstate Arena at 7:30 ...
|'Tapping into Ca$h' : CaSera Heining lives double life as DJ Ca$h Era and radio producer 2021-10-14|
- Minutes before DJ Ca$h Era hosted Lollapalooza's first drag show, the Black queer woman behind the stage name was pacing nervously behind the scenes and listening to a drag queen animatedly remind her they were "making ...
|Wis. man attacks trans couple but won't be charged with a hate crime 2021-08-04|
- In Wisconsin, a La Crosse official said incomplete state laws prevented them from charging a man with a hate crime after he attacked a transgender couple in a public park, according to Wisconsin Public Radio. La ...
|e3radio launches Indiegogo, virtual concert for podcast app by Black, Brown Queer People of Color 2021-05-27|
- June 1, 2021, CHICAGO— In celebration of PRIDE month, E3 Radio (www.e3radio.fm), an online radio station playing Queer and independent R&B/hip-hop music, annouced today the concept launch of 'The Qube,' ...
|E3 Radio relaunches with new show hosted by Anna DeShawn 2021-03-31|
--From an www.e3radio.fm press release - In 2009, E3 Radio hosted its first show Htled "Anna DeShawn & the QCrew". This show had an epic 10 year run educaHng, empowering, and entertaining the Black Queer community of Chicago. During that decade Anna ...
|Donald Trump resigns from SAG-AFTRA; group tersely responds
- Former U.S. President Donald Trump resigned from SAG-AFTRA (Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) after the organization's national board recently voted overwhelmingly to find probable cause of ...
|New narrative podcast offers lesbian rocker slice of life
Podcast attached below - For audiophiles in search of punk rock tongue-in-cheek lesbian dramedy-driven narrative storytelling, look no further: "Tampon Rock" is here. The podcast, from Anthem and iHeart Radio, focuses on lesbian bandmates Deja and Chloe as they navigate ...
|'Twisted Tales of Poe' Oct. 26-31 2020-10-12|
- Just in time for Halloween, AstonRep Theatre Company launches its 2020-21 season with a free streaming radio broadcast of Twisted Tales of Poe, based on Tales of Edgar Allan Poe, adapted by Philip Grecian and directed ...
|Chicago Sky hosts 'Unapologetically You' Pride virtual panel 2020-07-02|
- In honor of Pride month, the Chicago Sky held a virtual panel "Being Unapologetically You" June 23 focused on success stories from three local LGBTQ leaders. E3 Radio Founder and CEO Anna DeShawn moderated the eent. ...
|Out local musician releasing album, launching music station 2020-06-24|
- Out local musician Scott Free Scott Free is releasing his new album, The Last Revolution, on Friday, July 3, and is launching Alt Q Radio, an independent queer music station. The Last Revolution, described as a ...
|Tony Awards to be postponed; no new date set 2020-03-25|
- The 74th Annual Tony Awardsscheduled to air live on CBS on Sunday, June 7 from New York's Radio City Music Hallhas been postponed because of the COVID-19 outbreak. The ceremony will be rescheduled at a later ...
|SAG-AFTRA issues new intimacy guidelines 2020-01-29|
- On Jan. 29, SAG-AFTRA (Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) announced a major milestone in its ongoing work to promote the on-set safety and dignity of its members. SAG-AFTRA's new "Standards and Protocols ...
|THEATER REVIEW The Holiday Radio Show: 1944 2019-12-16|
- Playwright: Gabriella Bonamici, Andre Richardson Hogan II, Laura Scruggs, Rolfe Sick, Jason Paul Smith. At: Three Cat Productions at the Berger Park Coach House, 6205 N. Sheridan Rd. Tickets: ThreeCatProductions.com ...
|Steppenwolf benefit with Audra Mcdonald, Seth Rudetsky Sept. 15 2019-08-30|
- Six-time Tony winner Audra McDonald will reunite with Sirius XM Radio star Seth Rudetsky on Sunday, Sept. 15, at 5 and 7:30 p.m. in the Steppenwolf Downstairs Theatre, 1650 N Halsted St. Produced by Mark Cortale, ...
|Audra McDonald concert to benefit Steppenwolf Theatre Company Sept. 15 2019-08-09|
- CHICAGO (August 5, 2019) Historic six-time Tony Award Winner Audra McDonald reunites with Sirius XM Radio star Seth Rudetsky direct from their critically acclaimed performances at Town Hall in New York City this past November and ...