|WCMG launches video channel, new unique online content
This article shared 3939 times since Fri May 1, 2009
CHICAGO—Windy City Media Group, which publishes Chicago's most established and honored gay media ( Crain's Chicago Business 40 Under 40 for Publisher Tracy Baim, the Peter Lisagor award, Q Syndicate national press awards, honors from The Human Rights Campaign, American Civil Liberties Union, National Organization for Women, Affinity, Bailiwick Theatre and more ) , has launched a new video channel, QueerTVNetwork.com, as part of a new push to providing unique online content for the LGBT community. ( This links to the main WCMG page, where you click on Videos button. )
In addition to daily breaking news on the www.WindyCityMediagroup.com Web site, WCMG reporters now have video cameras to send in video reports from news, entertainment and bar events. Senior reporter Emmanuel Garcia and Nightspots Managing Editor Kirk Williamson are the primary video editors, but reports will be filed from a wide range of reporters.
The video channel will provide enhanced coverage of LGBT Chicago issues. Linked from the WCMG home page, the channel will enhance the articles and photo coverage online and in print. The video channel has been added as part of an all-new Web site design spearheaded by Materville Studios in Chicago.
Another addition to the WCMG family is the most popular gossip columnist in the gay media world, Billy Masters, who reports on a wide range of entertainment-related stories. Masters can be read in print and online, plus he can also be heard as a frequent guest on WindyCityQueercast.com .
Windy City Times, WCMG's flagship publication, continues to provide strong weekly print coverage, with dozens of additional articles adding to its online content. Nightspots, WCMG's 19-year-old bar publication, is now biweekly in print, supplemented by online photos and video reports from the bars.
A final new addition to the WCMG Web site are links to Web blogs created by staff writers and contributors to the WCMG family of LGBT media. Blogs by publisher Tracy Baim, Kirk Williamson, Queercast co-hosts Alexandra Billings and Stephen Rader, in addition to a growing family of related blogs, will be easily accessed through the WCMG home page.
Windy City Media Group produces Windy City Times, Nightspots, OUT! Resource Guide, Identity online, Windy City Queercast and QueerTVNetwork.com . Windy City Media Group is also the producer of these annual events: Windy City Gay Idol, 30 Under 30 and the Windy City Times Theater Series. To download all of the products visit www.windycitymediagroup.com . Send questions to email@example.com or call 773-871-7610.
This article shared 3939 times since Fri May 1, 2009
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE
|Oprah Winfrey, Niecy Nash-Betts to be honored at the 35 annual GLAAD Media Awards in LA March 14 2024-02-20
--From a press release - Los Angeles, CA -Feb. 20, 2024 - GLAAD announced that global media leader, producer, philanthropist, actress and author Oprah Winfrey will receive GLAAD'sVanguard Award and Emmy-winning actress and producer Niecy ...
|GLAAD releases report on LGBTQ+ inclusion in video games 2024-02-19
- LGBTQ+ media-advocacy organization GLAAD has released a report on queer inclusion in the world of video games. Among the key findings in "Gaming: The State of LGBTQ Inclusion in Video Games" is that 17%—nearly one in ...
|Second Glance Productions hosts LGBTQupid Soiree 2024-02-16
- In celebration of Valentine's Day, Chicago based film and media production company Second Glance hosted The LBGTQupid Soiree. The event, which was focused on spinning attitudes on this particular day, was presented at The iO ...
|GLAAD finds missed chances for LGBTQ+ inclusion in Super Bowl ads 2024-02-12
--From a press release - Sunday, Feb. 11, 2024 — GLAAD is reacting to a lack of LGBTQ storytelling in ads that aired duringSuper Bowl LVIII on Feb. 11 and is reminding brands, corporations and advertising agencies why including the LGBTQ ...
|GLAAD, NFL host third annual pre-Super Bowl event 'A Night of Pride' 2024-02-08
- On Feb. 7, LGBTQ+ media-advocacy organization GLAAD, along with The National Football League (NFL), hosted the third annual "A Night of Pride" at Caesar's Palace in Super Bowl LVIII's host city of Las Vegas, a press ...
|GALECA announces nominees for the Dorian Film Awards 2024-02-07
--From a press release - Feb. 5, 2024 - GALECA: The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics, consisting of over 500 entertainment critics, journalists and media icons, today announced the group's democratically chosen nominees for its 15th Dorian Film Awards. All of ...
|GLAAD remembers Cecilia Gentili, transgender Latina, actress, activist, health care activist, journalist 2024-02-06
--From a press release - (New York, NY - February 6, 2024) GLAAD, the world's largest LGBTQ media advocacy organization, is responding to the death of transgender actress and advocate Cecilia Gentili and elevating voices of transgender and political leaders honoring ...
|Comcast NBCUniversal partners with News is Out, Word In Black on fellowship program highlighting Black, LGBTQ+ issues 2024-02-06
--From a press release - Digital Equity Local Voices Lab Fellows to be placed at 16 local publications to receive training and create content Philadelphia (Feb. 6, 2024) — News is Out [ https://newsisout.com ] , a queer media collaborative of ...
|Tara VanDerveer becomes winningest coach in college basketball 2024-01-22
- Stanford University women's basketball coach and gender-rights advocate Tara VanDerveer became the college-basketball coach with the most wins ever on Jan. 21, media outlets reported. After her team defeated Oregon State 65-56, VanDerveer has 1,203 ca ...
|GLAAD announces nominees for the 35th annual GLAAD Media Awards 2024-01-21
--From a press release - Following its acceptance of the iconic Governors Award at the 2023 Emmys Ceremony presented by the Television Academy, GLAAD announced the nominees for the 35th Annual GLAAD Media Awards. The GLAAD Media Awards honor media for ...
|Northwestern grad Calzada joins Windy City Times team 2024-01-16
Windy City Times news release - Lu Calzada has joined Windy City Times for a five-month fellowship position funded by Northwestern University's Local News Accelerator project. Lu graduated with their master's in journalism from Northwestern in 2023. During their time at NU, ...
|NATIONAL Trans Health Equity Act, school policy, drag items, Don Lemon, Danica Roem 2024-01-12
- The Trans Health Equity Acta law that requires Maryland's Medicaid program to cover gender-affirming treatmentstook effect Jan. 1, The Washington Blade noted. In May 2023, Democratic Gov. Wes Moore signed the act. The law covers hormone ...
|Women's pro-hockey league starts play in Toronto 2024-01-02
- It's a new year—and a new league. On New Year's Day, the first Professional Women's Hockey League (PWHL) started play, media outlets noted. New York scored a 4-0 win over host Toronto in front of a ...
|WORLD Queer teen dies, trans activist honored, HIV drugs, mpox, British lesbian 2023-12-01
- In India, queer makeup artist Pranshu reportedly died by suicide—at age 16—after being subjected to relentless attacks online, PinkNews noted. On social media, LGBTQIA+-rights advocacy collective Yes, We Exist claimed ...
|BOOKS Lucas Hilderbrand reflects on gay history in 'The Bars Are Ours' 2023-11-29
- In The Bars Are Ours (via Duke University Press), Lucas Hilderbrand, a professor of film and media studies at the University of California-Irvine, takes readers on a historical journey of gay bars, showing how the venues ...