||WCMG launches video channel, new unique online content
This article shared 3569 times since Wed Apr 1, 2009
CHICAGO—Windy City Media Group, which publishes Chicago's most established and honored gay media ( Crain's Chicago Business 40 Under 40 for Publisher Tracy Baim, the Peter Lisagor award, Q Syndicate national press awards, honors from The Human Rights Campaign, American Civil Liberties Union, National Organization for Women, Affinity, Bailiwick Theatre and more ) , has launched a new video channel, QueerTVNetwork.com, as part of a new push to providing unique online content for the LGBT community. ( This links to the main WCMG page, where you click on Videos button. )
In addition to daily breaking news on the www.WindyCityMediagroup.com Web site, WCMG reporters now have video cameras to send in video reports from news, entertainment and bar events. Senior reporter Emmanuel Garcia and Nightspots Managing Editor Kirk Williamson are the primary video editors, but reports will be filed from a wide range of reporters.
The video channel will provide enhanced coverage of LGBT Chicago issues. Linked from the WCMG home page, the channel will enhance the articles and photo coverage online and in print. The video channel has been added as part of an all-new Web site design spearheaded by Materville Studios in Chicago.
Another addition to the WCMG family is the most popular gossip columnist in the gay media world, Billy Masters, who reports on a wide range of entertainment-related stories. Masters can be read in print and online, plus he can also be heard as a frequent guest on WindyCityQueercast.com .
Windy City Times, WCMG's flagship publication, continues to provide strong weekly print coverage, with dozens of additional articles adding to its online content. Nightspots, WCMG's 19-year-old bar publication, is now biweekly in print, supplemented by online photos and video reports from the bars.
A final new addition to the WCMG Web site are links to Web blogs created by staff writers and contributors to the WCMG family of LGBT media. Blogs by publisher Tracy Baim, Kirk Williamson, Queercast co-hosts Alexandra Billings and Stephen Rader, in addition to a growing family of related blogs, will be easily accessed through the WCMG home page.
Windy City Media Group produces Windy City Times, Nightspots, OUT! Resource Guide, Identity online, Windy City Queercast and QueerTVNetwork.com . Windy City Media Group is also the producer of these annual events: Windy City Gay Idol, 30 Under 30 and the Windy City Times Theater Series. To download all of the products visit www.windycitymediagroup.com . Send questions to email@example.com or call 773-871-7610..
This article shared 3569 times since Wed Apr 1, 2009
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|SPECIAL ISSUE: AIDS at 40 2021-03-04|
- In this special quarterly issue, produced by Windy City Timesas an insert to the Chicago Reader, Windy City Times speaks with long-term HIV/AIDS survivors, deals with HIV-positive representation in media, checks in on young activists of today ...
|Niecy Nash to host GLAAD Media Awards April 8;
WCT to receive special award 2021-03-03|
- GLAAD announced that out actress/producer Niecy Nash will host the virtual ceremony for the 32nd Annual GLAAD Media Awards, during which Windy City Times will receive a special honor. The organization also announced the awards ceremony ...
|Sisters in Cinema brings back Learn & Earn Program: Sisters in Cinema Newsroom 2021-03-02|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL- Sisters in Cinema, a Chicago-based 501 (c)3 recently in the news for breaking ground on their new Media Arts Center, is proud to announce the return of their Sisters in Cinema Newsroom Program, and ...
|Mike Madigan picks second successor
- On Feb. 25, Angelica Guerrero-Cuellar was sworn in as the new 22nd District state representative, media outlets reported. Guerrero-Cuellar is the second person to succeed now-former Illinois House Speaker Mike Madigan in less than a week. ...
|Daniel Biss wins Evanston mayoral race
- Former Illinois state Sen. Daniel Biss, a Democrat, won the Evanston mayoral race on Feb. 23, media outlets reported. An hour after polls closed, Biss had collected more than 73 percent of the votes counted and ...
|Mike Madigan now wants successor to step down
- Just two days after appointing Edward Guerra Kodatt as his successor, former Illinois House Speaker Mike Madigan has asked him to step down, according to various media outlets. Marty Quinn, alderman of Chicago's 13th Ward, joined ...
|Pride and Less Prejudice to host panel on LGBTQ media representation March 20
- On Saturday, March 20, at 1 p.m. CT, Pride and Less Prejudice (PLP)which provides free, age-appropriate, LGBTQ-inclusive books to pre-K-3rd grade students in order to foster LGBTQ inclusivity and acceptancewill ...
|Groundbreaking ceremony held for Sisters in Cinema Media Arts Center 2021-02-09|
- Sisters in Cinema held a press conference Feb. 8 at the South Shore Cultural Center to commemorate the construction of its new state-of-the-art Media Arts Center that will be at 2310 E. 75th St. The event, ...
|Original Supreme Mary Wilson dies at 76
- Mary Wilson, a founding member of The Supremes, died Feb. 8 at her home in Las Vegas at age 76, media outlets reported. Wilson was an original member of the iconic Motown group known for hits ...
|Sisters in Cinema groundbreaking Ceremony promises access, training in South Shore 2021-02-05|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL - South Shore will soon have access to a state-of-the art media facility now that a local organization has begun construction on its new brick-and-mortar home. Sisters in Cinema, a 501(c)3 dedicated to celebrating ...
|Equality Illinois to hold 30th Anniversary Virtual Gala Celebration
- CHICAGO, IL - Media outlets are invited to cover Equality Illinois' 30th Anniversary Virtual Gala, presented by Molson Coors Beverage Company, beginning at 7 p.m. CST on Saturday, Feb. 6, 2021. Called the "who's who of ...
|Joffrey Ballet artists create video installation
- The Joffrey Ballet announced that a dynamic video installation featuring members of the company will animate the acclaimed 150 Media Stream public art exhibition at 150 N. Riverside Plaza as the inaugural output of Action Lines. ...
|GLAAD announces award nominees, Windy City Times receives Barbara Gittings Award 2021-01-28|
--From a GLAAD press release - GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, announced today the nominees for the 32nd Annual GLAAD Media Awards. Actress Josie Totah (Peacock's Saved By The Bell), actor and ...
|Letter: Greed overrides common sense
- Jeffrey Sanker, founder of the White Party concept decades ago, is now at the center of brewing online civil war in the gay community. It was reported by some online LGBTQ media news outlets such as ...
|Broadcasting legend Larry King dies at 87
- Broadcasting icon Larry King has died at age 87, CNN.com reported. King died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, Ora Media, the studio and network he co-founded, tweeted. No cause of death was given, but ...