WINDY CITY TIMES
||Vital Bridges Holds Tasty Event
by Andrew Davis
This article shared 1260 times since Wed Aug 30, 2006
At the Vital Bridges benefit. Photos by Andrew Davis
Vital Bridges—a local HIV/AIDS agency that helps individuals throughout Chicagoland by providing everything from food to case management services—held its second annual Chefs & The City event on Aug. 4 at The Peninsula Hotel, 108 E. Superior.
Not only did top chefs and wine sponsors offer samples of their wares during the event, but there were silent and live auctions, with CBS-2 personality Vince Gerasole hosting the latter. ' [ This event ] brings together outstanding chefs cooking absolutely amazing food [ and ] outstanding vineyards giving us wonderful wine; it [ also ] raises substantial funds to support our programs,' Vital Bridges CEO Debbie Hinde told Windy City Times. 'It's amazing to have the help of these people, and we're very lucky.'
This article shared 1260 times since Wed Aug 30, 2006
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|SAVOR Britches and brunch at The Dearborn 2021-08-15|
- I've had the pleasure of dining at The Dearborn (145 N. Dearborn St.; https://www.thedearborntavern.com/) several timesbut it's always been a weekday outing. Recently, I met a friend for Sunday brunch. The results were both expected ...
|Lips Drag Queen Show Palace celebrates two years with grand reopening 2021-08-06|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Lips, the ultimate in drag dining, today announced they will celebrate two years on Chicago's iconic Motor Row with reimagined performances, a new show night and a dynamic new cast to deliver its one-of-a-kind ...
|SAVOR Dinner at the Loop restaurant/cafe Venteux 2021-07-06|
- Let's just get this out of the way now: Dining at the Pendry establishment Venteux (224 N. Michigan Ave.; https://venteuxchicago.com/)a brasserie, cafe and oyster baris a singular experience. Partner/Executive Chef ...
|Employee fired for using gay slur at Indiana Arby's 2021-06-12|
- An employee at an Arby's restaurant in Lafayette, Indiana, was fired after writing a homophobic slur on the receipt of a gay couple, NBC News reported. Craig Gray and John Burns were dining at the restaurant ...
|ARTS 'Teatro ZinZanni' returning July 8 2021-05-25|
- Teatro ZinZanni is returning to the Chicago Loop with new acts and a unique, immersive dining and live entertainment experience. Its brand-new show begins July 8 in the Spiegeltent ZaZou, located on the 14th floor in ...
|Dining Out for Life taking place May 16-22 2021-05-06|
- The annual event Dining Out for Life will take place May 16-22 throughout Chicago and Evanston. Participants dine in, order takeout/delivery or purchase gift cards from their favorite restaurants and donate directly to TPAN to support ...
|COVID Ann Sather restaurant fined $2,000
- The Ann Sather restaurant at 909 W. Belmont Ave. has been fined $2,000 for violating the state's indoor dining ban last year, ABC7Chicago.com reported. Chicago Ald. Tom Tunney owns the restaurant, which was cited Dec. 4. ...
|COVID Chicago expands indoor dining capacity
- The city of Chicago plans to reduce indoor dining restrictions for a second consecutive week, allowing bars and restaurants to offer service at either 40% capacity or 50 people, whichever is less, The Chicago Tribune reported. ...
|Chicago Restaurant Week returning in 2021
- Choose Chicago has announced the return of Chicago Restaurant Week on March 19-April 4, 2021. Chicago Restaurant Week offers local food enthusiasts an opportunity to experience some of the city's most highly sought restaurants. Participating dining ...
|COVID Lightfoot: Restrictions for bars, restaurants will remain
- Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said the city will keep the current indoor dining limits at restaurants in place even if the state allows the city to loosen capacity rules Feb. 2, The Chicago Tribune reported. The ...
|COVID-19 restrictions for Chicago, suburbs relaxed, but still no indoor dining 2021-01-19|
- The Illinois Department of Public Health announced that Chicago and its suburbs would move to Tier 2 mitigation restrictions, effective immediately, The Chicago Tribune reported. Under the updated metrics, four regions under the reopening plan will ...
|COVID-19 Three regions to end Tier 3 mitigations; IRA responds to dining changes
- Following a decrease in COVID-19 test positivity rates and hospitalizations throughout Illinois, Gov. JB Pritzker announced regions across the state are now eligible to move out of Tier 3 mitigations—the ...
|Illinois Restaurant Assoc. asks Pritzker to allow indoor dining
- On Jan. 14, the Illinois Restaurant Association (IRA) and restaurant operators around the state issued a press release asking Gov. JB Pritzker to immediately allow for safe and limited indoor dining operations. The IRA's Open Indoor ...
|Andersonville Chamber of Commerce highlights COVID-friendly shopping, dining 2020-12-03|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Dec. 2, 2020) — From shopping in your pajamas to late-night curbside pick-up to Glogg-to-go, the Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is rolling out a festive line-up of COVID-friendly ...
|"Holidays With Intention" offers holiday programming to support 100+ local businesses 2020-11-12|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (November 12, 2020) — The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is pleased to announce its annual line-up of holiday programming, featuring a revised schedule of shopping, dining and virtual ...