WINDY CITY TIMES
||Tutu addresses Chicago Bar Association's Interfaith Dinner
This article shared 3413 times since Wed Mar 18, 2009
Nobel Prize winner Archbishop Desmond Tutu was the featured speaker at the Chicago Bar Association's Interfaith Dinner March 10 at The Standard Club, 320 S. Plymouth. Among the special guests were Chicago's first lady, Maggie Daley ( pictured above with Tutu ) , and Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez. Photo by Kat Fitzgerald ( www.MysticImagesPhotography.com )
This article shared 3413 times since Wed Mar 18, 2009
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|US Bishops' statement limits trans health care in Catholic health care facilities, DignityUSA responds 2023-03-22|
--From a DignityUSA press release - On March 20, 2023, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops' Committee on Doctrine released a policy statement on how Catholic medical institutions should treat transgender and nonbinary people. Entitled "Doctrinal Note on the Moral Limits to ...
|WORLD German bishops, trans woman's death, Hungary, human-rights event 2023-03-18|
- Germany's Catholic bishops voted (38 to nine, with 11 abstentions) to adopt formal ceremonies for the blessing of same-sex relationships, defying the Vatican and testing church unity on what has become one of the most contentious ...
|Protest held outside New Life Covenant Church over alleged anti-LGBTQ practices 2023-03-13|
- Now-former New Life Covenant Church parishioner Rosaly Andino, who is a lesbian, and her allies gathered across the street from the church in the Humboldt Park neighborhood March 12 to protest alleged anti-LGBTQ practices by Pastor David Marrero. ...
|Patriarch Kirill: Darth Putin's Altar Boy 2023-03-01|
- Christianitybased on the person and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, who preached love as the most important expression of religionhas often been co-opted and distorted to support wars, persecutions and ...
|WORLD Church of England, Japanese officials, Hong Kong ruling, drag kings 2023-02-11|
- The Church of England has voted to bless same-sex marriages for the first time in its history; however, its ban on conducting ceremonies will stay in place, PinkNews reported. It was approved after a six-year consultation ...
|Pope criticizes anti-gay laws after Africa trip 2023-02-07|
- On Feb. 5, Pope Francisalong with the head of the Anglican Communion and top Presbyterian ministerdenounced the criminalization of homosexuality and said churches should welcome gay people, Time reported. The ...
|Lesbian Singles Over 45 event Feb. 11 2023-02-03|
--From a press release - Queer Ministries of Lincoln United Methodist Church (LUMC) is hosting the 1st Annual Lesbian Singles Event Over 45 on Saturday, Feb. 11, 2023 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.Lincoln United Methodist Church Community Center located a ...
|Pope says being gay no crime, cites anti-LGBTQ laws in 70 countries. LGBTQ leaders respond 2023-01-25|
--From press releases - (January 25, 2023) — Pope Francis called laws that criminalize same-sex relationships "unjust," stating that "being homosexual is not a crime" in an interview with the Associated Press today. The Pope also called for the Roman ...
|Letter to the Editor: Pope Benedict XVI passes away 2023-01-02|
- The Rainbow Sash Movement mourns the passing of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI on Dec. 31 in the Vatican. Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, known most recently as the pontiff who renounced the papacy—but who was situated squarely ...
|Dignity USA: LGBTQ+ Catholics recall Pope Benedict XVI's reign as causing LGBTQ+s tremendous damage 2022-12-31|
-- From a press release - Dec. 31, 2022. The passing of former Pope Benedict XVI "marks what is, hopefully, the end of a long, painful era for LGBTQIA+ Catholics, our families, and the entire church," said Marianne Duddy-Burke, Executive Director of ...
|Billy Masters: Redford won't follow Babs back to the well, and all the dish you need 2022-12-19|
- "These gays — they're trying to murder me!" — Jennifer Coolidge's character, Tanya, on The White Lotus finale. Here's a headline that grabbed me: "Florida man busted for public sex with dog, wrecking church nativity scene". ...
|Pfleger reinstated at St. Sabina after abuse investigation ends 2022-12-11|
- On Dec. 10, the Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago reinstated activist/St. Sabina leader Father Michael Pfleger following an investigation into abuse allegations against the priest, The Chicago Tribune reported. Pfleger was forced away from the church in ...
|Respect for Marriage Act passage important step but not equity says LGBTQIA+/ally Catholic group 2022-12-09|
-- From a press release - Dec. 8, 2022. DignityUSA, the nation's foremost organization of Catholics working for justice, equality, and full inclusion of LGBTQIA+ people in our church and society, is pleased that both houses of Congress have now passed the ...
|WORLD Church of England, World Cup news, court rulings, Justin Trudeau 2022-11-27|
- The Church of England is defending the scrutinized guidance for its 4,700 primary schools on LGBTQ+ issues, claiming that it doesn't allow students as young as 5 to self-identify as the opposite sex, The Christian Post ...
|NATIONAL $1M donation, church departures, Harvey Milk, abortions, Grindr 2022-11-27|
- In Ohio, Dayton-based insurance company CareSource is donating $1 million to United Church Homes to support the development of a senior living facility at the site of the former Longfellow School that will also aim at ...