|'Tis the season for Scrooge and Marley events
Music Box, Sunday, Dec. 8 and musical highlight with Lakeside Pride concert Dec. 14
This article shared 10715 times since Thu Nov 21, 2013
( November 21, 2013 - Chicago ) The holiday season moves into high gear on Sunday, Dec. 8 when the film SCROOGE & MARLEY returns to the Music Box Theatre ( 3733 N. Southport Ave., Chicago ) one year from the date of its red-carpet premiere at the historic venue.
The movie, which was entirely shot in Chicago, is a heartfelt, modern-day, gay variation on Charles Dickens' beloved classic A Christmas Carol. This exclusive Chicago holiday matinee screening begins at 2:30 p.m. and includes a festive pre-show with prize giveaways. Special guests are the swingin' female a cappella caroling trio The Merry Janes, who will lead the audience in a holiday sing-a-long with their Andrews Sisters-like harmony arrangements, and more.
Audiences of all persuasions have embraced SCROOGE & MARLEY which stars David Pevsner as Scrooge, Tim Kazurinsky as Marley's Ghost, Rusty Schwimmer, Megan Cavanagh, Ronnie Kroell, and David Moretti, features multiple Emmy Award-winner Bruce Vilanch as Fezziwig, and is narrated by two-time Tony Award-winner Judith Light. Members of the cast and crew will be on hand for the screening. Scrooge & Marley DVDs, Blu-rays, soundtrack CDs, and other related merchandise will be available for purchase. Advance tickets are $10 and are available at www.musicboxtheatre.com or see www.musicboxtheatre.com/events/scrooge-and-marley-2013-dec-8-sun-0215pm .
The festive spirit continues on Saturday, Dec. 14 when the Lakeside Pride Music Ensembles include "Christmas Eve Is Coming Soon," the theme from SCROOGE & MARLEY as a featured part of their annual holiday concert, HOLIDAYS IN UPTOWN. The original song, written by the film's co-writer and director Richard Knight, Jr., is performed in the film by noted area vocalist Becca Kaufman who will sing the selection at the Lakeside Pride concert ( in a new arrangement commissioned exclusively for the evening ). Many of the ensembles' members performed on the Scrooge & Marley soundtrack ( which will be available for purchase ). The concert will include many other notable seasonal selections and will also include an audience sing-a-long. It all takes place at the Preston Bradley Center ( 941 W. Lawrence Ave., Chicago ) beginning at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20/$12 for seniors and students. Advance tickets and further information at www.lakesidepride.org .
SCROOGE & MARLEY which noted film critic and "Have Yourself a Movie Little Christmas" Alonso Duralde has called "sweet and distinctive" is also available for download via the movie's website, which also includes detailed information about the film and links to other related merchandise available for purchase. See www.scroogeandmarleymovie.com . The film and soundtrack are also available on Amazon.
Scrooge & Marley features a wide range of music from award-winning singers and bands, with a special end credit song performed by Jason Gould and written for the film by Marsha Malamet, Liz Vidal and Stephan Oberhoff. Other performers in the film and soundtrack include Matt Alber, BETTY, Linda Good, Amber deLaurentis, Becca Kaufman, Jeannie Tanner and more.
About SCROOGE & MARLEY
"Scrooge & Marley" is a modern-day variation on Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol." Recounted from a gay sensibility, with heart, comedy and music, the magic of Dickens' timeless tale of a man's redemption at the holidaysthanks to the help of three ghostly spiritscomes alive from a fresh perspective that will appeal to audiences of every persuasion. The film is based on an original script by Ellen Stoneking, Knight and Timothy Imse. It was directed by Knight and Peter Neville. Producers of the film are Tracy Baim ( "Hannah Free" ) and David Strzepek ( "Foodgasm" ), joined by several co-producers ( Knight, Neville, Stoneking, Kroell, and Moretti ) and noteworthy crew.
Full cast and production team bios at www.scroogeandmarleymovie.com .
Twitter: twitter.com/ .
On Facebook see www.facebook.com/ScroogeAndMarley .
This article shared 10715 times since Thu Nov 21, 2013
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE
|WORLD Caribbean ruling, Pussy Riot, Russian raid, Canadian warning, anti-trans bar 2024-02-23
- The top court in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines dismissed a challenge to colonial-era anti-gay laws, Reuters reported. Javin Johnson and Sean Macleish—two gay men who had pushed to decriminalize ...
|SHOWBIZ Kristen Stewart, Rock Hudson, Talia Keys, 'True Detective,' Marvel comic 2024-02-23
- At the Berlin Film Festival, Kristen Stewart defended her photo shoot for a Rolling Stone magazine cover that went viral and divided audiences on social-media platforms, per The Hollywood Reporter. "The existence of a female body ...
|Second Glance Productions hosts LGBTQupid Soiree 2024-02-16
- In celebration of Valentine's Day, Chicago based film and media production company Second Glance hosted The LBGTQupid Soiree. The event, which was focused on spinning attitudes on this particular day, was presented at The iO ...
|SHOWBIZ Elton John, Hannah Gadsby, video game, Jennifer Lopez, queer thriller 2024-02-16
Video below - Sir Elton John has sold his Atlanta home and is now auctioning off more than 900 of his personal items that were kept in the 13,500-square-foot condo, The Daily Mail noted. The massive collection includes rare ...
|GALECA announces nominees for the Dorian Film Awards 2024-02-07
--From a press release - Feb. 5, 2024 - GALECA: The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics, consisting of over 500 entertainment critics, journalists and media icons, today announced the group's democratically chosen nominees for its 15th Dorian Film Awards. All of ...
|SHOWBIZ JoJo Siwa, Tom Holland, Bowen Yang, Pet Shop Boys, Mariah Carey 2024-02-02
- In the wake of Nigel Lythgoe exiting So You Think You Can Dance, queer personality JoJo Siwa is returning to the series, per Deadline. Siwa, who was a judge on season 17 of the Fox show, will replace Lythgoe, who left ...
|Leather Archives & Museum announces 2024 Fetish Film Forum 2024-01-27
--From a press release - CHICAGO, Illinois—After a wildly successful inaugural year, including a 10-film series at the Leather Archives & Museum and a 5-film series at FACETS, the Leather Archives & Museum is thrilled to announce the continuation of Fetish ...
|SHOWBIZ Sundance items, Green Day, 'Wednesday,' Queerties, 'The Wiz' 2024-01-26
- At the Sundance Film Festival, Jodie Foster told Variety that the $1.4-billion success of Barbie helps confirm that Hollywood no longer views women directors as too much of a risk. She said, "With a big success ...
|WORLD Arrest in Brazil, athlete dies, Ghana attack, World Economic Forum 2024-01-26
- A 30-year-old man was arrested in Brazil on Jan. 18 for his alleged role in the stabbing murder of prominent NYC art dealer Brent Sikkema, Gay City News reported. Authorities took Cuban resident Alejandro Triana Trevez ...
|OSCARS Gladstone, Domingo receive nominations 2024-01-23
- LGBTQ+ actors Lily Gladstone and Colman Domingo were among those receiving Oscar nominations when they were announced Jan. 23. Gladstone received a Best Actress nod for her role in the Martin Scorsese-directed Killers of the Flower ...
|Out truth-teller Jeff Hiller takes his act on the road 2024-01-21
- Jeff Hiller is an openly gay American storyteller who is bringing his act to the Midwest in February. He's making his way across the United States while filming the third season of HBO's Somebody Somewhere and ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Laid,' 'Nimona,' Lukas Gage, Lil Nas X, Lily Gladstone, John Waters 2024-01-19
- Peacock has given a straight-to-series order to the comedy Laid, which is slated to feature queer actress Stephanie Hsu (Everything Everywhere All at Once), Variety noted. Based on the Australian series of the same name, the ...
|WORLD Conversion therapy, trans Haitian advocate, intersex report, activist attacked 2024-01-12
- Norway is the latest country to outlaw conversion therapy after its parliament passed a bill that criminalizes the practice, Mamba noted. The bill, under development since 2019, received approval in the Storting (the Norwegian parliament) last ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Call Me By Your Name,' awards, Aspen Gay Ski Week, Miss Cleo 2024-01-12
- The Oscar-winning gay romance Call Me by Your Name is leaving Netflix after Jan. 31, per Out. The coming-of-age romance was helmed by Bones and All director Luca Guadagnino, and stars Timothee Chalamet as 17-year-old Elio ...
|Few LGBTQ+ individuals score Golden Globes wins 2024-01-08
- The Golden Globes took place Jan. 7but, for the LGBTQ+ community, there wasn't much to cheer about. For example, queer actors Andrew Scott (All of Us Strangers) and Colman Domingo (Rustin) fell short, as Cillian Murphy ...