WINDY CITY TIMES
||Three Illinoisans among Victory Fund's latest endorsed candidates
This article shared 951 times since Wed Feb 24, 2021
On Feb. 24, LGBTQ Victory Fundthe only national organization dedicated to electing LGBTQ leaders to public officeissued a press release announcing its endorsement of 30 more LGBTQ candidates for 2021 races.
Illinois candidates in the group include Emily Gilbert, who's running for library trustee in Schaumburg Township District; incumbent Crystal Lake City Clerk Nick Kachiroubas, who also teaches at DePaul University; and incumbent Berwyn Ald. Scott Lennon. All of their elections are Tuesday, April 6.
Other endorsees include Mark Levine, who received a Game Changer endorsement in his race for Virginia lieutenant governor; longtime activist/AIDS survivor Sean Strub, who's running for re-election in Milford, Pennsylvania; incumbent College Park, Maryland, Mayor Patrick Wojahn; and two incumbent trans elected officials: Virginia Delegate Danica Roem and Minneapolis City Council Vice President Andrea Jenkins.
See VictoryFund.org .
This article shared 951 times since Wed Feb 24, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Planned Parenthood Illinois Action launches virtual Black Community Town Hall Series in February 2022-01-20|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO - Planned Parenthood Illinois Action (PPIA) proudly announces a new Black Community Town Hall series in honor of Black History Month. The series of virtual discussions will tackle topics such as community wellness and care, ...
|Failure to enact Freedom to Vote is a blow to vulnerable groups 2022-01-20|
-- From a press release - From Kierra Johnson, Executive Director of the National LGBTQ Task Force Action Fund: "The failure to enact the Freedom to Vote, John R. Lewis Act is a profound blow to our Democracy. The inability to ensure ...
|'Jane's Army' to recruit, deploy pro-choice volunteers 2022-01-20|
-- From a press release - Chicago, IL — Personal PAC, Men4Choice, and Future Voices Council have launched Jane's Army — a joint campaign to recruit activist volunteers to educate, motivate, and activate pro-choice voters ahead of the critical 2022 election. This ...
|Sinema under fire from LGBTQ+ groups for voting-rights stance 2022-01-20|
- Some LGBTQ+-rights organizations have criticized U.S. Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Arizona)—a member of the community—after her stance on voting rights. Sinema and fellow Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin, of West Virginia, have ...
|Human Rights Campaign Foundation releases new data on the LGBTQ+ wage gap 2022-01-19|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON — Today, the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the Human Rights Campaign, the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) civil rights organization, released ...
|Human Rights Campaign celebrates advances in LGBTQ+ policies one year into Biden-Harris administration 2022-01-19|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON, DC — One day before the one year anniversary of the inauguration of President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) celebrates the advances that have been made in LGBTQ+ ...
|LGBTQ+-rights activist Jim Obergefell announces political run 2022-01-18|
- Jim Obergefell—the LGBTQ+-rights activist and named plaintiff in the Supreme Court case that legalized same-sex marriage nationwide—announced Jan. 18 that he is launching a bid for the Ohio state House, CNN.com reported. "I took a history-ma ...
|Chief Judge Evans responds to Mayor Lightfoot's request on electronic monitoring 2022-01-18|
-- Press release from Office of the Chief Judge Cook County Circuit Court - Chief Judge Timothy C. Evans responded Jan. 19 to Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot's request for a moratorium on use of electronic monitoring for defendants accused of certain violent crimes by pointing out the national and state ...
|Two join races for state office, Personal PAC comments on threats to reproductive rights 2022-01-18|
-- From a Personal PAC press release - Chicago, IL — Today, following the news that anti-choice extremists Richard Irvin and Avery Bourne would run as Republicans for governor and Lieutenant Governor of Illinois, Personal PAC President and CEO Terry Cosgrove released the following ...
|COVID Mayor Lightfoot ends isolation 2022-01-18|
- Five days after testing positive for COVID-19, Mayor Lori Lightfoot said she is out of isolation, per CBS Chicago. "Thank you to everyone who has reached out to me and sent their well wishes. I am ...
|Aurora mayor joins crowded GOP field in race for governor 2022-01-18|
- Aurora Mayor Richard Irvin announced his candidacy for governor of Illinois on Jan. 17, joining a slew of Republicans hoping to challenge Democratic Gov. J.B. Pritzker in November, NBC Chicago reported. Irvin, a Black Republican and ...
|WORLD Archbishop demoted, Israel ruling, Denmark petition, tennis icon 2022-01-16|
- Pope Francis demoted Archbishop Giacomo Morandi, the number-two official in the doctrine office, due to the belief that he is responsible for the controversial document that bars blessings for same-sex couples, according to Newsweek. Morandi is ...
|NATIONAL Lambda Legal, Penn. city's change, couple on the run, Bayard Rustin 2022-01-16|
- Lambda Legal filed a complaint with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) against the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Society, Inc. on behalf of a former employee who was fired after they and other Dallas Arboretum ...
|National LGBTQ Task Force Action Fund ED urges action on voting rights 2022-01-14|
-- From a press release - "The National LGBTQ Task Force Action Fund urges the U.S. Senate to pass the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act. Voting rights are a cornerstone of our democratic process and ...
|POLITICS Laura Ricketts co-chairing Valencia's finance committee 2022-01-13|
- Laura Rickettsa co-owner of the Chicago Cubs, along with her family, and a leader in the LGBTQ+ communityis co-chairing the finance committee of Illinois secretary of state candidate Anna Valencia, according to the Politico Illinois Playbook. ...