WINDY CITY TIMES
||Thousand Waves Spa closes
by Matt Simonette
This article shared 7906 times since Fri Jun 20, 2014
Thousand Waves Spa for Women, 1212 W. Belmont Ave., has closed.
A previous phone recording on the Lakeview spa's general information line said that the business would be closed from June 9 through June 16. But a new recording now indicates that the spa has closed permanently, and its website has also been taken down. A phone message left by Windy City Times was not returned.
Thousand Waves had been in business since 1985 and was spun off from The Women's Gym. It was intended as "a safe, non-competitive and non-judgmental space for women to exercise and practice other forms of self-care, including massage," according to online publicity materials.
Thousand Waves Martial Arts & Self-Defense Center, 1220 W. Belmont Ave., was not affiliated with the spa and is still open for business.
This article shared 7906 times since Fri Jun 20, 2014
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Christkindlmarket marking 25th anniversary; will return to Daley Plaza and Wrigleyville 2021-09-15|
--From a press release - (CHICAGO, IL)-(September 15, 2021)-The Christkindlmarket Chicago celebrates its 25th anniversary and will be back in-person as well as online in 2021! Visitors can enjoy their most beloved holiday tradition at two locations this season: ...
|Pleasure Chest donating to Gay for Good 2021-09-07|
- Adult novelty boutique The Pleasure Chest will commemorate its milestone 50th anniversary by donating 15% of the total vibrator sales from its four storefront locations and e-commerce store on Sept. 15-30 to Gay for Gooda national ...
|PASSAGES Pioneering lesbian business owner Susan Mazer dies 2021-09-04|
- Susan Mazer died August 31 due to COVID-19 complications. She was 77. At the time of her death, Mazer was living in Port Saint Lucie, Florida with her wife Janet Norton. Mazer was born May 10, ...
|City of Chicago files lawsuits against DoorDash, GrubHub 2021-08-28|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot, Acting Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) Commissioner Kenneth Meyer and Corporation Counsel Celia Meza announced that the City of Chicago has filed two ...
|LGBTCC hosting boat cruise, business boot camp 2021-08-14|
- The LGBT Chamber of Commerce of Illinois (LGBTCC) is hosting two separate events within the next few weeks. The organization will hold its annual boat cruise Monday, Aug. 23, 6-9:30 p.m., on The Spirit of Chicago ...
|Jered Pruitt, CASL COO, honored as a Crain's Chicago Business 2021 Notable LGBTQ Exec 2021-08-06|
- Chicago — The Chinese American Service League (CASL), the largest AAPI social service agency in the Midwest, is proud to announce that Chief Operating Officer Jered Pruitt was honored as a Crain's Chicago Business 2021 Notable ...
|Windy City Times fellowships available 2021-08-06|
- Windy City Times will have four paid internships for writers available this fall as part of a new journalism education initiative, "Training the Next Generation of LGBTQ Journalists and Storytellers," in partnership with the Field Foundation. ...
|Aug. 12 LGBTQ town hall to discuss bar inclusivity 2021-07-28|
- Miller Lite and Equality Federation announced "Open & Proud," an initiative that aims to create safe, inclusive spaces at bars for the LGBTQ community. The program features a series of town halls where LGBTQ individuals older ...
|Taste of Andersonville returns Wed., Aug. 11 2021-07-28|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (July 28, 2021) — The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is excited to welcome back one of its most popular summer events: the annual Taste of Andersonville on Wed., Aug. 11, 5-8 p.m. This year's ...
|Howard Brown Health calls on businesses, LGBTQ events to re-implement COVID restrictions 2021-07-28|
--From a Howard Brown press release - (Chicago, IL, July 28, 2021) — Howard Brown Health, the Midwest's largest LGBTQ healthcare organization, is imploring local businesses and public event producers to implement strict COVID-19 safety and prevention ...
|Char Schoenbach talks helping LGBTQs through Allstate, next chapter 2021-07-22|
- Lifelong Chicago resident Char Schoenbach began her career in sales and worked for two insurance agents before opening her own Allstate agency 31 year ago. "I have always believed in providing all people with quality insurance," ...
|Virtual TLGBQ+ Economic Justice Summit on Sept. 11-12 2021-07-21|
- The National LGBTQ Workers Center will hold its 3rd Annual TLGBQ+ Economic Justice Summit on Sept. 11-12. This event will be held virtually. Organizers are still accepting workshop proposals. Those who would like to propose a ...
|Soapbox travels to Chicago to raise hand-hygiene awareness 2021-07-21|
- Clean beauty company Soapbox unveiled the world's biggest bottle of soap in New York City's Times Square on July 15, marking the launch of a multi-city tour aimed at raising awareness for the importance of hand ...
|Col. Jennifer Pritzker donating to ACLU to help fight anti-trans laws 2021-07-20|
- Chicago philanthropist and business owner Col. Jennifer Pritzker plans to donate $101,000 and additional six-figure future support to the ACLU from her TAWANI Foundation to fight Tennessee's anti-transgender laws in court, a press release announced. T ...
|Palette Beauty dry bar offers quick, affordable makeup services 2021-07-18|
- Nicola Craig has opened a new business, Palette Beauty, at 2730 N. Clark St., in Chicago's Lincoln Park area. Craigwho calls herself a "big business nerd with a passion for both entrepreneurship and creative endeavors"started her ...