||'The Great Chicago Quiz Show' to debut March 26
This article shared 769 times since Sun Mar 14, 2021
The Great Chicago Quiz Show will premiere Friday, March 26, at 8 p.m. on WTTW and at WTTW.com/quiz, where at-home viewers can play alongside contestants.
In each of the four weekly 30-minute episodes, Geoffrey Baer puts 12 socially distanced Chicagoans from across the city and suburbs to the test as they contemplate all things Chicago.
Contestants include a high school student from Lake View; a Chicago-born Hollywood producer who now hosts a podcast about sex; famous rapper Lupe Fiasco; Chicago-born Cheers star George Wendt; LGBTQ ally and Open Hand co-founder Lori Cannon; and many more.
They will face questions such as "Three First Ladies of the United States were born in Illinois: Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama and who?" and "Chicago's annual Bud Billiken Day features the largest African American parade in the nation. Who was Bud Billiken?"
See WTTW.com for more information.
This article shared 769 times since Sun Mar 14, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|GALECA: The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics hands out Dorian Awards 2021-04-19|
--From a press release - LOS ANGELES, CA, April 18, 2021 — Nomadland, the spare and fact-based drama of a group of struggling Americans living off the grid; the vivid blueswoman biopic Ma Rainey's Black Bottom; the family-happy fish-out-of-water fable Minari; ...
|Former 'Bachelor' comes out as gay
- In a Good Morning America (GMA) interview that aired April 14, former Bachelor Colton Underwood came out as gay, Entertainment Weekly reported. "I've [run] from myself for a long time, I've hated myself for a long ...
|SHOWBIZ Trans singer, 'Pose,' Kate Winslet, Lil Nas X, Broadway 2021-04-11|
- Trans femme indie-punk artist Evan Greer (she/her) released a dystopian new music video for the song "Surveillance Capitalism," a press release noted. She is using it to launch StopSpotifySurveillance.org with Fight for the Future, where she ...
|Open TV (OTV) to return April 17 with virtual event
- The intersectional Late Show #OTVTonight is back, with a virtual event on OTV's app and on Facebook Live that will air Saturday, April 17, at 8-9:30 p.m. CT. Hosted by Open TV (OTV) founders Elijah McKinnon ...
|Lifetime presents Variety's Power of Women The Comedians Special May 10 2021-04-09|
--From a press release - Los Angeles, CA (April 8, 2021) — Variety and Lifetime announced today the one-hour special Lifetime Presents Variety's Power of Women The Comedians which will premiere on Monday, May 10th at 8PM ET/PT on Lifetime. The ...
|'Ma Rainey,' 'Schitt's Creek' win during diverse SAG Awards
- On April 4, a one-hour, pre-taped 27th Screen Actors Guild Awards aired on TNT and TBS, celebrating the best achievements in film and TV performances for 2020. According to Entertainment Weekly, it was a historic night, ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Special,' Bonnaroo, Broadway items, Rita Moreno, Bridgerton 2021-04-04|
- The second season of the Netflix comedy series Special will premiere May 20, a press release noted. The series revolves around Ryan O'Connell, a gay man with mild cerebral palsy, and is based on his memoir ...
|NATIONAL Non-binary athlete, HRC and Lyft, Tegan and Sara, panic defense 2021-04-04|
- On March 27, NBC Sports California presented the NBA team Sacramento Kings TV's first women and non-binary broadcast announcing and coverage team across all platforms, including pregame and postgame shows, the live-game telecast and social content, ...
|LGBTQ critics group holding awards event April 18
- GALECA, The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics Association, along with Karel Media, will present the 2021 Dorian Film Awards on Sunday, April 18, at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT on digital cable TV network Revry. The ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Batwoman,' Adam Lambert, 'Glee,' Janet Jackson, 'Genera+ion' 2021-03-28|
- The character of Kate Kane is coming back to the CW series Batwoman—but Ruby Rose won't be, according to out.com. British actress Wallis Day is joining the cast as Kane, the same character Rose played, after ...
|Patrik-Ian Polk on 'Noah's Arc,' representation that resonates 2021-03-11|
- Director, screenwriter and producer Patrik-Ian Polk brought us Noah's Arc: The 'Rona Chronicles last year—which felt like a comforting and comfortable Zoom call with old friends during a time when the world was everything but. The ...
'Pose' to end after season three
- The FX show Pose—the groundbreaking series focused on New York City's African-American and Latino LGBTQ+ drag ball culture scene in the 1980s and ‘90s—will end after its third season, Deadline reported. ...
|Showbiz: Black gay director, Oscars, soccer couple, Demi Lovato 2021-02-21|
- Paris Barclay, the Emmy-winning TV director and former president of the Directors Guild of America (DGA), will receive the guild's Honorary Life Member Award at the 73rd Annual DGA Awards on April 10, TheWrap reported. Barclay ...
|SHOWBIZ Tian Richards, August Wilson, $88M celebrity home, sports items 2021-02-07|
- Tian Richards has been cast in the title role of the Nancy Drew spinoff, Tom Swift, at The CW, Variety reported. Richards will make his first appearance as the character in an upcoming episode of Nancy ...
|Wizard World Chicago moved from June to August
- Wizard Brands, Inc. announced that its scheduled 2021 live event in Chicago has been postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions and in continued accordance with federal, state and local guidelines. Instead of the original dates of June ...