||The Flesh Hungry Dog Show returns after 6 year hiatus
From a press release
This article shared 437 times since Sat Mar 3, 2018
Chicago, IL On the heels of a 6 year hiatus, the legendary Flesh Hungry Dog Show returns to Jackhammer for its would-be 13th Anniversary with "The Party". This reunion extravaganza includes Chicago's favorite Joan Crawford inspired party band The Joans, pop/porno-punk marvels Super-8 Cum Shot, and swanky purveyors of the forgotten B-side Bric-A-Brac. Chicago rock impresario Gary Airedale hosts, DJ Mercedez Ben spins before and between the bands. Go-Go dancing troupe, The Revelettes and burlesque artist Bold Hilaire ( aka the artist FKA Ms Bea Haven ) appear as special guests.
The Flesh Hungry Dog Show doors open at 8pm on FRIDAY APRIL 6, 2018. Performances start promptly at 9pm, at Jackhammer ( 773-743-5772 ), 6406 N. Clark St. in Chicago. Jackhammer is a 21+ venue. Tickets are $15 at the door or $12 at www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3342818 .
The mission of The Flesh Hungry Dog Show is to bring live rock and related musical forms to Chicago's gay community, and to provide a fun, alternative venue for bands with GLBT content and members, and bands that are GLBT supportive.
History of The Flesh Hungry Dog Show The Flesh Hungry Dog Show was created by Gary Airedale in 2005 to celebrate all things queer, alternative and rock and roll. The show ran monthly from April 2005 to April 2012. In addition to live bands, the shows featured novelty/variety acts, burlesque, go-go dancers, fire-breathers, snake charmers and much, much more.
Facebook event page: www.facebook.com/events/593344584344155/ .
This article shared 437 times since Sat Mar 3, 2018
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|OUTspoken Storytelling to host tales from LGBTQ perspectives Nov. 10 2020-11-01|
--From a press release - Another exciting OUTspoken Storytelling Night will offer the perspective of four Chicagoans telling life's stories from their LGBTQ+ viewpoint or that of their close friends and relatives, Tuesday, Nov. 10, starting at 7 p.m. on Zoom. ...
|Arts in the Dark Halloween Parade, this year a drive-through 2020-10-26|
--From a Chicago Park District press release - CHICAGO: LUMA8, in collaboration with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE), the Chicago Park District and Presenting Sponsor, the Blommer Chocolate Company, is pleased to announce Arts in the Dark - an UPSIDE ...
|Nightlines 1990-2001, Nightspots 2001-2015 2020-09-30|
- Throughout the 1990s, Nightlines focused on the LGBTQ entertainment scene, from the bars to the stage and everything in between. With the new millennium came a significant format change as Nightspots focused in on the bar ...
|PASSAGES Former Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster dies at 37 2020-09-27|
- Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster died Sept. 17 unexpectedly at the age of 37. At the time of this article's publication, Sangster's cause of death is unknown. Sangster was born June 4, 1983, on a Jacksonville, North ...
|PASSAGES Gay business owner/nightlife figure Bob Yeaworth dies 2020-09-20|
- Gay business owner and promoter Robert "Bob" Yeaworth died Sept. 14 from complications due to his ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease) diagnosis. He was 64. Yeaworth was born Sept. 17, 1955 in Cincinnati, Ohio, ...
|PASSAGES Medusa's owner Dave Shelton passes away 2020-08-19|
- Dave Shelton, a.k.a. Dave "Medusa" Sheltonso named for his trademark frizzy locks "just was different," recalled his good friend of 45 years, Richard Cooke. Shelton was the proprietor of the iconic nightspot Medusa's on Sheffield in ...
|Gerber/Hart fall benefit Sept. 12-13
- The Gerber/Hart Library and Archives fall benefit"Saving LGBTQ History: Archives in a Time of Activism"will take place Sept. 12-13 at the venue, 6500 N. Clark St. On those days, there will be a series of 90-minute ...
|Holocaust Museum's virtual soiree Sept. 2 2020-08-06|
- On Wed., Sept. 2, Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center's Women's Leadership Committee will host its annual soirée virtually. The event will stream live from a studio with a star-studded line-up featuring a musical performance by ...
|Virtual OPALGA+ scholarship gala slated for Oct. 24 2020-08-06|
- OPALGA+/Oak Park Area Lesbian & Gay Association will hold a virtual scholarship gala Saturday, Oct. 24, at 7 p.m. The event will feature video clips from the organization's scholarship winners, the Founder's Award celebration and opportunities ...
|La Cage aux FUN, opening weekend at A-ville's The Bird Cage 2020-07-22|
- Photos by Joseph Stevens Photography ...
|Survey open for potential Boystown name change 2020-07-21|
- Northalsted Business Alliance is asking for the public to weigh in on the "Boystown" moniker. The Alliance has published a survey asking community members' opinions on the Lake View neighborhood, which was officially designated an "LGBTQ+ ...
|Last call for Little Jim's 2020-07-05|
- Longtime Lake View tavern Little Jim's shut its doors July 2. Billing itself as "the original hookup bar," Jim Gates opened Little Jim's in 1975, and it was one of the first gay bars in the Boystown area. Gates sold the ...
Replay closes July 5-6 after employee tests positive 2020-07-05|
- The restaurant Replay Andersonville, 5358 N. Clark St., is closing July 5-6 after owner Mark Liberson posted on Facebook that an employee tested positive for COVID-19. On July 5, Liberson posted, "While this post is not ...
|Pride Fest Chicago goes virtual 2020-06-24|
- Chicago's beloved annual Pride Fest made the move to Twitch for a special Virtual Pride Fest, presented by Northalsted Business Alliance and Gilead Sciences. The virtual fest streamed on the platform over two nights, Saturday, June ...
|'Chicago Is a [Digital] Drag Festival' June 30 2020-06-21|
- The Chicago Is a [Digital] Drag Festivala Brave Space Alliance fundraiser, with Shea Coulee hostingwill take place Tuesday, June 30, at 8 p.m. CT. Just a few of the personalities slated to appear/perform are The Vixen, ...