WINDY CITY TIMES
||The Diesel Tykes release Songs For The Rainbow Family July 22
From a press release
This article shared 686 times since Sun Jul 8, 2018
The Diesel Tykes are celebrating the release of their full-length album 'Songs For The Rainbow Family' by having a live show at Wishbone, 3300 N Lincoln, at 7 p.m. on Sunday July 22, featuring performances by Congress of Starlings, Laura Doherty, Erick Deshaun Dorris, Lnk, Scott Free & Jenny Urban.
The Diesel Tykes, your favorite cartoon band, have released a full-length album of songs perfect for all of the diverse, rainbow families of the world! This 12-song album features artists from the LGBT and Children's Music scenes in America. The album features vocal performances by Nhojj, Laura Doherty, JC Brooks, Tim'm West, Congress of Starlings, Erick Deshaun Dorris, LnK, Michael Grimes, and its writer/producer Scott Free.
These are positive songs meant to uplift and bring unity to our world. There are pride songs abounding, with anthems like 'LGBT Alphabet Song' ( featuring Scott Free ), and 'Freedom' ( featuring Nhojj ). A beautiful trans anthem 'Dress Me In Yellow' is sung by Elias Krell. Laura Doherty, a national figure on the Children's Music scene, sings a vegetarian song 'Adopt A Cow', and Tim'm West, rapper and community organizer, leads an environmental anthem entitled 'Every Day Is Earth Day'. The album's last song 'Loveliest' features a Hammond organ solo by Motown Review organist Ike Stubblefield. Diesel Tykes illustrations by Darren Clark
Physical CDs are available at CDBaby
Downloads available at CDBaby and iTunes.
Streaming at iTunes & Spotify.
This article shared 686 times since Sun Jul 8, 2018
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|MOVIES 24-hour horror marathon at Music Box on Oct. 23-24 2021-09-24|
- "The Music Box of Horrors," sponsored by CreepyCo., will return to the Music Box Theatre, 3733 N. Southport Ave., from noon on Saturday, Oct. 23 through noon on Sunday, Oct. 24. The event will include special ...
|'Firebird' opens Reeling Chicago LGBTQ+ Internat'l Film Fest tonight 2021-09-23|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, Illinois — Tonight, the 39th annual Reeling: The Chicago LGBTQ+ International Film Festival invites audiences to enjoy an in-person pre-party and theater screening of 'Firebird' for Opening Night at the Music Box Theater. Director P ...
|MUSIC ROUNDUP: Riot Fest rocks and rolls with the punches 2021-09-22|
- Riot Fest is a massive music festival held annually at Chicago's Douglas Park, held this year on Sept. 16-19 Usually a three-day celebration, Riot held a preview party Sept.16 that began at 2:30 p.m. for the ...
|LGBTQ+ lullaby album to be released Oct. 28 2021-09-22|
- Broadway Records announced the impending release of The Rainbow Lullabywhich the label said is "the world's first LGBTQ lullaby album." The album will be available Thursday, Oct. 28, wherever digital music is sold and on BroadwayRecords.com. ...
|Pitchfork Music Festival returns and turns 15 in 2021 2021-09-17|
- Pitchfork Music Festival turned 15 years old in Chicago this year after being cancelled last year because of the pandemic. This lively celebration of eclectic music continued in the same spot (Union Park) with the usual ...
|'Andersonville Homecoming' Sept. 24-26; line-up, vendors, safety protocols announced 2021-09-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Sept. 15, 2021) — The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is pleased to announce the full entertainment line-up and vendors for Andersonville Homecoming--a three-night, two-day outdoor festival featuring ...
|Students urged to apply for Musical Theatre Awards 2021-09-14|
- Broadway in Chicago is inviting high schools across Illinois to participate in the 11th Annual Illinois High School Musical Theatre Awards. These awards celebrate excellence in high school theater throughout the state. Beginning Thursday, Sept. 16, ...
|CAIC announces 2021 Collaborative Works Festival, immigration, migration in song 2021-09-13|
--From a press release - CHICAGO— Collaborative Arts Institute of Chicago (CAIC) begins its eleventh anniversary season with its annual Collaborative Works Festival, held in venues around Chicago from October 6—9, 2021. The 2021 Collaborative ...
|MUSIC Lil Nas X wins top award at MTV VMAs 2021-09-13|
- The MTV VMA Awards took place Sept. 12and an LGBTQ+ artist took home one of the night's top awards. Lil Nas X won Video of the Year for "Montero (Call Me By Your Name)," besting Cardi ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Boy Meets Boy,' Jennifer Hudson, 'SVU,' tennis honor, ABBA 2021-09-12|
- Ariztical Entertainment is releasing the German movie Boy Meets Boy on DVD and VOD on Oct. 26. According to a press release, the plot of the 70-minute movie is as follows: "Harry has been partying for ...
|Pride Fest will extend to Oct. 3; headliners include Kristine W and Mya 2021-09-12|
- Mya, Shangela, VINCINT, Crystal Waters, Kristine W, Brooke Eden and St. Panther are among the headliners for Chicago Pride Fest now taking place over three days, Oct. 1-3, in Chicago's LGBTQ+ landmark Northalsted/Lake View district. The ...
|THEATER 'Dear Mom, I'm Gay!' on Oct. 1-2 2021-09-11|
- Dear Mom, I'm Gay!a workshop of a new musical by David Dilsizianis running at The Jarvis Square Theater, 1439 W. Jarvis Ave. It will take place at 7 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 1; and 2 and ...
|ARC Music Festival debuts in Chicago over Labor Day Weekend 2021-09-11|
- Replacing North Coast Music Festival's usual spot in Union Park, ARC Music Festival launched Sept. 4-5. North Coast was forced to move to SeatGeek Stadium in Bridgeview, Illinois, that same weekend to a stadium that was ...
|MUSIC 'Global Citizen Live' to run Sept. 25-26 2021-09-09|
- International advocacy organization Global Citizen announced the expansion of "Global Citizen Live" to include Los Angeles and London with an outdoor event in L.A., which is presented by Verizon, and headlined by Stevie Wonder with Adam ...
|'Close-Up with Carmen' Sept. 9 at Center on Halsted 2021-09-08|
- 'Close-Up with Carmen'about the intersection of drag and operawill take place Thursday, Sept. 9, at 6 p.m. at the Hoover-Leppen Theatre at Center on Halsted, 3656 N. Halsted St. During this event, participants will discuss cross-dressi ...