by Kirk Williamson, Nightspots Editor
This article shared 3526 times since Wed Dec 10, 2014
Congratulations to the Windy City Empire on a successful investiture event at @mosphere. Emperor Neil Douglas St. James had many exciting announcements, including the reveal of the official charity for the current reign, Chicago House. Look for their events so you can support them in support of Chicago House. Are they in talks with a national gay-lebrity to co-host an event in spring? Ask Neil yourself next time you see him out reigning.
It was a bittersweet farewell to Touche's Linzy Kay this past Sunday. Many whom he had touched with his humor and boundless energy to entertain turned out to share stories and one last shot of Jim Beam. The most touching moment came when a representative from American Veterans for Equal Rights presented an American flag to Linzy's brother. Linzy was in the navy before The Village People made it cool. So goodbye to Linzy. How will we get through Christmas without "Santa's Bitch"?
The Welcoming Committee's December straight bar takeover went down downtown at Mercer 113. Trying to gain entry with my camera was not as lubricated as the manner to which I am accustomed, but after some guy talked to another guy and another guy, they let me in and I met such a fun group of young queers! Now, we at Nightspots would never advocate abandoning the traditional gay bar scene ( I couldn't pay my light bill if that happened ). However, if you're curious about the non-gay world and want to experience it with 100s of gays to surround you, check out www.thewelcomingcommittee.com/chicago and sign up to find out where the January hijinx will unfold. Hopefully somewhere with a less strict bag-check policy. But that's just my two cents.
A decade of the Divine Miss M ( no, the other one ) culminated in Berlin's 10th anniversary party for Madonnarama. It just keeps going, much like the inspiration. Did you see her topless shots for Interview magazine? My tits should look so good at 56. I'd better get to work on them.
See you all at the ultra-hot The Eagle Rises party, Sat., Dec. 13, at the old Chicago Eagle space, 5017 N. Clark St. This week's raunchier-than-normal cover should give you a fair indication of what to expect. Will my tits be ready for this one? Gimme a few days.
This article shared 3526 times since Wed Dec 10, 2014
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|'Barlesque' launches at Sidetrack 2022-09-03|
- On Sept. 1 at Northalsted/Boystown nightspot Sidetrack, Barlesque kicked off. Nightlife figure Khloe Daniels hosted, introducing this year's bars, performers and choreographers. Barlesque brings Chicago nightlife superstars, local bars and ...
|TPAN bringing back 'Barlesque' starting Sept. 1 2022-08-25|
- Barlesque is back. On Thursday, Sept. 1, at 7 p.m. at Northalsted/Boystown nightspot Sidetrack, 3349 N. Halsted St., Barlesque will kick off. Nightlife figure Khloe Daniels will host introduce this year's bars, performers and choreographers. Attendanc ...
|Touche holds fundraiser for Windy City Times 2022-07-12|
- Leather bar Touche, 6412 N. Clark St., held its regular Friday fundraiser on July 8—and the fortunate recipient this time was Windy City Times. Approximately $200 were raised during this benefit raffle. Touche has been a ...
|Pride Journey: Iceland 2022-03-21|
- The only way to describe Iceland is ... magical. It truly is. Iceland is like no other place I've visited in the world. It's topography, climate, people, culture, history, and nightlife blended together make Iceland a ...
|PASSAGES Jeffrey Wayne ("Jef") Morgan 2022-01-11|
- Jeffrey Wayne "Jef" Morgan, of Chicago's West Rogers Park neighborhood, passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack while shoveling snow on Jan. 2. He was 58. Jef was the well-loved manager at Little Jim's on ...
|'Andersonville Homecoming' Sept. 24-26; line-up, vendors, safety protocols announced 2021-09-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Sept. 15, 2021) The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is pleased to announce the full entertainment line-up and vendors for Andersonville Homecoming--a three-night, two-day outdoor festival featuring ...
|Next OUTspoken show Sept. 7 2021-08-24|
- An OUTspoken Storytelling Night taking place Tuesday, Sept. 7, will offer tales told by six people who will relate their stories of fun and fortune from a LGBTQ+ perspective. The entertainment will start at 7 p.m. ...
|Taste of River North cancelled 2021-07-29|
- On July 29, the River North Residents Association, along with theMART and Duff Entertainment, announced the cancellation of the 2021 edition of Taste of River North. The event was slated to take place Aug. 20-21 at ...
|OUTspoken storytelling to host six takes from LGBTQ+ perspective 2021-07-26|
--From a press release - The month of August is hot - but OUTspoken at the Sidetrack will be even hotter on Aug. 3 when six storytellers will tell tales of fun and fortune from a LGBTQ+ perspective! The program will start at 7:00 pm at ...
|LGBTQIA+ tavern to open in Uptown this fall 2021-07-14|
- 2Bears Tavern Groupwhich owns and operates Andersonville's The SoFo Tap and Meeting House Tavern as well as Rogers Park's Jackhammeris opening 2Bears Tavern Uptown in the former Nick's on Wilson space at 1140 W. Wilson Ave. ...
|Pride Parade coordinator provides latest on the 'likely scenario' for event 2021-05-08|
- Tim Frye, the coordinator of the 2021 Pride Parade, told Windy City Times that the assessment of this year's event has not changed over the last few weeks. The official statement/assessment at this point is: "We ...
|OUTspoken Storytelling to host tales from LGBTQ perspectives Nov. 10 2020-11-01|
--From a press release - Another exciting OUTspoken Storytelling Night will offer the perspective of four Chicagoans telling life's stories from their LGBTQ+ viewpoint or that of their close friends and relatives, Tuesday, Nov. 10, starting at 7 p.m. on Zoom. ...
|Arts in the Dark Halloween Parade, this year a drive-through 2020-10-26|
--From a Chicago Park District press release - CHICAGO: LUMA8, in collaboration with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE), the Chicago Park District and Presenting Sponsor, the Blommer Chocolate Company, is pleased to announce Arts in the Dark - an UPSIDE ...
|Nightlines 1990-2001, Nightspots 2001-2015 2020-09-30|
- Throughout the 1990s, Nightlines focused on the LGBTQ entertainment scene, from the bars to the stage and everything in between. With the new millennium came a significant format change as Nightspots focused in on the bar ...
|PASSAGES Former Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster dies at 37 2020-09-27|
- Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster died Sept. 17 unexpectedly at the age of 37. At the time of this article's publication, Sangster's cause of death is unknown. Sangster was born June 4, 1983, on a Jacksonville, North ...