by Kirk Williamson, Nightspots Editor
This article shared 2166 times since Wed Dec 5, 2012
This from Pateover at Parlour: Hello, Darling! I am throwing a little party on Wed., Dec. 12, from 7-10 p.m. It's a supply drive to benefit my dogs at FOUND. Asking people to remember our four-legged friends this holiday season, and to bring items like dog treats, bleach, new or gently used blankets and towels, etc. TWO DOLLAR DRINKS! If there is a chance you might give it a mention I'd be so grateful as always... Thanks Kirk!
Despite the freakishly warm temps this weekend, I'm forced to ponder if more bars open in the cold of winter. Threecount 'emthree anniversaries of note are coming up that you should help celebrate. Both Scarlet and Club Krave are marking five years. Scarlet brings in super skater Johnny Weir, Sun., Dec. 9 and Club Krave gives a wicked drag show starring Lindsey Devereaux, Serina DeVine, Lindsay Bryant, Theresa Dawn, Brandi Wyne, and many more. If you like 'em a little older, commemorate 29 years at Berlin, Sun., Dec. 9 with the Berlin Family DJs and an Absolut OUTrageous tasting at 11.
So check this shit out. I just got a new car, finally. It's awesome. A 2004 Chrysler Concorde or, as a friend recently called it, a "land shark." And boy were they right. Anyway, since I last owned a car a few months ago, I forgot just how much this job keeps me on the go. Take last Friday for instance. I started at @mosphere to revel in the grand opening of @mosphere 2.0 (check out their psychedelic new tables!), stopped into Target to buy a princess castle for my niece, witnessed a staged teabagging at the TPAN Barlesque VI finals at North End (congrats to Jackhammer's Mark for raising in excess of $8,000!), ran a spontaneous errand to Banana Video to purchase some on-sale porn, and covered the Hot Jock contest at Crew ... all within two hours! No wonder I'm frequently too exhausted to write this column!
Anyway, see Felix or Mariano at Wheels of Chicago, 6229 N. Western Ave., 773-262-7500 for your next ride. Make sure to tell them Kirk Williamson sent you. Please tell them that!
MAIN COVER IMAGE: Santa Speedo Run organizers Jeffery Colgan & Karl Sponholtz. Photo by Anthony Meade
This article shared 2166 times since Wed Dec 5, 2012
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|SHOWBIZ RuPaul, LGBTQ athletes, film winners, Charles Busch 2020-11-02|
- RuPaul has a lot of irons in the fire, according to out.com. Not only is she on the cover of Cosmopolitan UK's January 2021 issue, but the drag icon has also posted her new five-track Hey Sis, It's Christmas EP. Also, ...
|Kirk Williamson: Telling stories 2020-09-30|
- Many of you might know me only through my byline on the masthead or, if you're a bit older (and drunker), by my time in the bars as editor of Nightspots. Hey, I WAS that guy from the magazine. But if you have never ...
|Karlin's memoir reflects on heyday of Chicago LGBT media 2020-04-29|
- Fort Lauderdale-based author Rick Karlin, a native Chicagoan who for many years wrote about food and entertainment, among other topics, for LGBT papers in the Windy City, said that the machinations of the local gay media ...
|ART Paul Heyer in solo show presented by MCA 2018-06-20|
- The Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA) Chicago features artist Paul Heyer's first-ever solo show, "Chicago Works: Paul Heyer," through July 1. Heyer is a native of Chicago's south suburbs. Growing up in an arts appreciative household, ...
|Billy Masters 2017-11-21|
- "I can't wait to shove this up Adam's ass!"Blake Shelton's comment after being named "People" magazine's Sexiest Man Alive. I don't really understand all these "straight guys" who are obsessed with ass play. But, hey, as ...
|THEATER REVIEW Sylvester, or The Wicked Uncle 2017-09-25|
- Playwright: adapted by Christina Calvit from the novel by Georgette Heyer At: Lifeline Theatre, 6912 N. Glenwood Ave. Tickets: $40. Runs through: Oct. 29 Regency Romances, preferably adapted for the stage by Christina Calvit, never fail ...
|The Fair Maid of the West 2017-08-09|
- Playwright: Thomas Heywood, adapted by Kevin Theis. At: Oak Park Festival Theatre in Austin Gardens, 167 Forest Ave., Oak Park. Tickets: $30. Runs through: Sept. 2 Thomas Heywood's sword-and-cloak extravaganza was a blockbuster in 1631, but ...
|President Obama's remarks in presenting the Medal of Freedom to VP Joe Biden 2017-01-12|
From the White House Office of the Press Secretary - State Dining Room 3:50 P.M. EST THE PRESIDENT: Hey! All right, that's enough. Don't want to embarrass the guy. (Laughter.) Welcome to the White House, everybody. As I have already delivered my farewell address, I will ...
|President Obama presents the Medal of Freedom to Ellen DeGeneres and others 2016-11-23|
From the White House Office of the Press Secretary - THE WHITE HOUSE, Office of the Press Secretary REMARKS BY THE PRESIDENT AT PRESENTATION OF THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL MEDAL OF FREEDOM East Room, 3:13 P.M. EST THE PRESIDENT: Hello, hello, hello! Hey! Thank you. (Applause.) Thank ...
|BOOK REVIEW The Joy of Swimming 2016-09-07|
- By Lisa Congdon $18.95; Chronicle Books; 141 pages People say you're all wet. Maybe that's not the nicest thing you've ever heard but hey! If something's true, it's true, right? Yep, you love being in a ...
|Mirza protests Trump, lesbian actress makes statement 2016-01-13|
- Lesbian actress Fawzia Mirza recently made a statement in front of the Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago. In response to Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's comments about Muslims, Mirza posted, " Hey @realdonaldtrump WE ARE ...
|THEATER REVIEW Million Dollar Quartet 2015-12-30|
- Book: Colin Escott and Floyd Mutrux; Score: Various. At: Apollo Theatre, 2540 N. Lincoln Ave. Tickets: 773-935-6100 or www.milliondollarquartetlive.com; $25-$95. Runs through Jan. 17 Hey procrastinators! Million Dollar Quartet, officially ...
Stanley in the
Name of Love 2015-08-12|
- Book: Mr. Margaret Svetlove; Score: The Delicious Moons. At: The New Colony at Den Theatre, 1333 N. Milwaukee Ave. Tickets: www.thenewcolony.org; $20-$25. Runs through: Aug. 29 Hey, you young queer club kids who worship at the ...
|Stanley Cup makes the rounds in Boystown over Pride weekend; CGHA celebrates 2015-07-01|
- They won a championship and cruised around town with The Cup. Hey, it was a pretty good Pride weekend for the Chicago Gay Hockey Association (CGHA). The second-ever Chicago Pride Classic was held at McFetridge Sports ...
|Bijou Chronicles RETROSTUDS OF THE PAST:
FOCUS ON LEE RYDER
- We at Bijou carry back issues of Manshots magazines, which was, I think, in its heyday (the late '80s and early '90s), offered a sophisticated approach to gay porn; its video reviews were generally cogent and ...