WINDY CITY TIMES
||THEATER Immersive 'Edgar Allan Poe' extended to Nov. 21
This article shared 943 times since Thu Nov 4, 2021
Oak Park Festival Theatre's 2021 Jeff-recommended production of David Rice's immersive The Madness of Edgar Allan Poe: A Love Story at Oak Park's historic Pleasant Home, originally scheduled to run through Nov. 7, has been extended two weeks and will now close Sunday, Nov. 21.
Performances are 8 p.m. (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday); 1 p.m. (Saturday); and 3 and 8 p.m. (Sunday).
Five years after the death of his beloved wife, Edgar Allan Poe (played by Christian Gray) grapples with love and madness in this theater experience. The audience will follow the ghost of Virginia Poe (played by Erica Bittner) as she stirs memories from beyond the grave, or follow Poe as he winds his way from "The Telltale Heart" to "The Pit and the Pendulum." This unique performancecomposed of six of Poe's poems and short storiesleads audience members through Pleasant Home's dark halls, with a different tale of terror in every room.
Tickets are $44 each, with special pricing available for students, seniors and groups with more than 10 people. See OakParkFestival.com .
Note: Due to the close proximity of this immersive experience, proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all ticket holders. Audience will be required to wear face masks throughout the performance. Children 12 and younger are not permitted.
This article shared 943 times since Thu Nov 4, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Billy Masters: Theater 2022-05-23|
- "Well, thanks Colin. That's the end of my career. Because you know, that role really should have been mine."Rupert Everett tells Piers Morgan his reaction when he heard Colin Firth would play the lead in Tom ...
|PREVIEW Here comes the sun: Summer plays are blooming indoors and outside 2022-05-22|
- There were times when we thought that the sunshine would never return, but despite climate change and contagion, there's no stopping summer—and while we usually associate expanded daylight hours with outdoor activities, a number of theaters ...
|SHOWBIZ Broadway, JoJo Siwa, WEHO Pride, 'Jurassic World,' Madonna 2022-05-22|
- The Broadway League announced that all 41 Broadway theaters in New York City have extended the current mask requirement for audiences through at least June 30, Playbill noted. Charlotte St. Martin, president of The Broadway League, ...
|THEATER REVIEW The Chinese Lady 2022-05-22|
- It began in 1834 as an advertising gimmick: In order to promote sales of their Far East Oriental imported goods, the Carnes Brothers procured their company a real-life spokesperson. This was the teenage Afong Moy, known ...
|THEATER Season of Concern to present 'Jerry's Girls' on June 27 2022-05-21|
- "Jerry's Girls: A Benefit for Season of Concern" will take place Monday, June 27, at 7:30 p.m. at Victory Gardens Theater, 2433 N. Lincoln Ave. Season of Concern Chicago is dedicated to providing financial assistance to ...
|Quiz program 'Wait, Wait' to start taping June 16 at the Studebaker 2022-05-16|
- Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!, NPR's weekly hour-long quiz program, will resume live audience recordings Thursday, June 16, in a new Chicago home: the historic Studebaker Theater at the Fine Arts Building, 401 S. Michigan Ave. ...
|SHOWBIZ Queer playwright, LGBTQ+ films, BMI Pop Awards, new superhero 2022-05-15|
- Jeremy O. Harris, the queer Tony-nominated author of Slave Play, has been named the presiding playwright for the 2023 Yale Drama Series Prizeone of the theater world's most prestigious playwriting honors, Deadline noted. Harris joins the ...
|THEATER 'The Secretaries: A Parable' running through June 11 2022-05-12|
- First Floor Theater returns to live production with the world premiere of company member Omer Abbas Salem's The Secretaries: A Parable following the script's 2021 development as part of Goodman Theatre's Future Labs. The production will ...
|THEATER Underscore's 'Notes & Letters' running through May 28 2022-05-12|
- Underscore Theatre Company celebrates its 10th-anniversary season with the world premiere of the musical Notes & Letters, which features book, music and lyrics by Annabelle Lee Revak (she/her) and is ...
|FILM 'The Adventures of Priscilla' to show nationwide on June 2 2022-05-11|
- Iconic Events Releasing will kick off Pride Month with a special nationwide rerelease of MGM's classic 1994 Australian film The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. Screenings will take place in select theaters nationwide on ...
|Kokandy Productions to present 'Cruel Intentions: The '90s Musical' June 9-Aug. 7 2022-05-10|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO (May 10, 2022) — Kokandy Productions is launching its 10th-anniversary season this summer with the Chicago storefront premiere of Cruel Intentions: The '90s Musicala flirty and fun, nostalgia-packed show ...
|Tonys: Queer-themed 'A Strange Loop' leads nods; 'Paradise Square,' 'MJ' close behind 2022-05-09|
- Nominations for the 75th Tony Awards were announced May 9—and a Pulitzer Prize-winning original musical and a play that recounts the 2008 financial crisis led the nods, CNN reported. Leading the nominations was A Strange Loop, ...
|THEATER Performers Diana DeGarmo and Ace Young skate into the Windy City 2022-05-04|
- The popular television show American Idol brought Diana DeGarmo and Ace Young together, even though they actually competed on separate seasons. Fate and destiny are also parts of the storyline in the duo's latest project Skates. ...
|THEATER Silk Road co-founders talk about journey from medical setback 2022-05-03|
- Malik Gillani co-founded Silk Road Risinga theater company focused on sharing the life stories of the overlooked and underrepresented people living along the Silk Road in Asia and the Middle Eastwith his husband, Jamil Khoury, almost ...
|Actors 30 and older needed for Bronzeville murder-mystery production 2022-05-03|
- Actors and actresses who are at least 30 years old are needed for a murder-mystery production that revolves around a historical Bronzeville development. Wooley's Place will involve a murder that will take place in Chicago's Bronzeville ...