WINDY CITY TIMES
||THEATER Goodman running 'Pequenos Territorios' Sept. 21-25
This article shared 969 times since Sun Sep 11, 2022
Goodman Theatre and the Chicago Latino Theater Alliance (CLATA) will present the Midwest premiere of Pequenos Territorios en Reconstruccion, by Teatro Linea de Sombra of Mexico City, Sept. 21-25 at the Goodman, 170 N. Dearborn St.
The production is produced as part of Destinosthe 5th Chicago International Latino Theater Festival, a five-week festival of Latino theater artists and companies from Chicago, the United States and Latin America in shows, panels and student performances at venues citywide.
Directed by Jorge A. Vargas, the Midwest premiere features Sonya Madrigal, Shanttal Saad, Abril Pinedo and Alicia Laguna in a story about the "City of Women" in Turbaco, Colombia, where 15 years ago, a group of women displaced by armed conflict created the "League of Displaced Women" and built 98 houses with their own hands. After a short stay there, Teatro Linea de Sombra created a documentary fable posing a series of ethical questions on the potential destiny of the settlement, of the women who built it and especially of the children who inhabit it.
The Chicago Latino Theater Alliance (CLATA), a cultural engine helping drive the city's local Latino theater community to a more prominent level, was founded by Myrna Salazar and the National Museum of Mexican Art (NMMA), the International Latino Cultural Center (ILCC) and the Puerto Rican Arts Alliance (PRAA). Many are still stunned by the recent loss of Salazar, who passed away suddenly on Aug. 3.
Tickets ($10-$25, subject to change) are now available at GoodmanTheatre.org/Pequenos or 312-443-3800.
Note: Masks are currently recommended, but not required, while in the theater. Policies may change based on prevailing medical guidance. Learn more about Goodman's current Health and Safety Protocols at GoodmanTheatre.org/Protocols.
This article shared 969 times since Sun Sep 11, 2022
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Teatro Zinzanni returning to Cambria Hotel on Oct. 5 2023-09-25|
- Teatro ZinZanni is returning to the Chicago Loop—tucked inside a mirrored spiegeltent within the 14th floor of the Cambria Hotel, 32 W. Randolph St. The cast features returning fan favorites including Duo 19, a dynamic trapeze ...
|THEATER Mosaic Players revives 5 Lesbians Eating a Quiche 2023-09-24|
- Are suburban Illinois and Wisconsin towns ready to welcome 5 Lesbians Eating a Quiche into their churches, synagogues and community colleges? The artists of a Lake County theater company certainly think so. "I was very pleasantly ...
|SHOWBIZ John Waters, Madonna, Miriam Margoyles, Angelica Ross, 'Cassandro' 2023-09-21|
- Openly gay film director John Waters (Pink Flamingos, Serial Mom, Cry-Baby) received his star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame, The Hollywood Reporter noted. (Actors Ricki Lake and Mink Stole as well as photographer Greg Gorman were ...
|SHOWBIZ Kim Petras, LGBTQ+ movies, TIFF, canceled shows, yachts 2023-09-15|
Video below - Ahead of her Feed the Beast world tour, Grammy-winning international trans pop singer/songwriter Kim Petras has shared reimagined, symphonic, seven-piece string-ensemble performances of fan favorites from her debut album Feed ...
|THEATER Queer actor Kyle Patrick reflects on leading 'American Psycho: The Musical' 2023-09-14|
- American Psychoboth the Bret Easton Ellis novel and the Mary Harron-directed film led by Christian Balewould seem ripe for a musical treatment, given the omnipresent campy elements (despite, or maybe because of, the gore). And, in ...
|Chicago Opera Theater starts 50th-anniv. season with 'Soldier Songs' 2023-09-13|
- Chicago Opera Theater (COT) is kicking off its 50th-anniversary season with David T. Little's Grammy-nominated Soldier Songsdescribed as "a haunting, heavy-metal infused theatrical cantata about the psychological impact of war." ...
|Porchlight Music Theatre's announces 29th season 2023-09-12|
--From a press release - This past Friday at our special event, Porchlight ICONS: Celebrating Ben Vereen, we shared the exclusive announcement of our 29th Season! The new season launches with The Cole Porter Festival - A Celebration of the Man ...
|THEATER Jim Henson production in Chicago on Nov. 14-Dec. 31 2023-09-12|
- A live theatrical adaptation of Jim Henson's Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas is making its Chicago debut Nov. 14-Dec. 31, at the Studebaker Theater at the historic Fine Arts Building, 410 S. Michigan Ave., Broadway World revealed. ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Sex Education' star, Rotten Tomatoes, Jessica Lange, Queer/Art 2023-09-08|
Video below - Sex Education star Ncuti Gatwa officially came out during an interview with Elle UK, according to Out. "I remember being at Manchester Pride, going through the streets with all my boys, shaking my cha-chas, living it ...
|Theater Review: A Taste of Soul brings music and food center stage 2023-09-08|
By Brian Kirst - We all know the sluggish quagmire of weekday work mornings. Often the only thing that gets us moving and able to face the day is our favorite songs. While all of the Black Ensemble Theater productions ...
|Steppenwolf to present Broadway's Jeremy Jordan on Jan. 13 2023-09-06|
- Steppenwolf Theatre Company and Mark Cortale will present Broadway star Jeremy Jordan in his Chicago debut, performing two shows only on Saturday, Jan. 13, 2024 at 2 and 8 p.m. in Steppenwolf's Downstairs Theater, 1650 N. ...
|Mitchell J. Fain explores the American Dream in The Lehman Trilogy 2023-09-05|
- Chicago actor Mitchell J. Fain is one of three performers headlining TimeLine Theatre Company's upcoming production of The Lehman Trilogy. Fain brings over 30 years of performing experience in the Chicago area to the table, including ...
|SHOWBIZ Military drama, Janelle Monae, Conan Gray, Dylan Mulvaney, Whoopi 2023-08-31|
- The LGBTQ+ military drama Eismayer (from Dark Star Pictures and Golden Girls Film) will be out in theaters on Oct. 6, and on DVD and Digital on Oct. 10, per a press release. The plot is ...
|Chicago Gay Men's Chorus leader speaks on group's diversity, 'Sporty Forty' 2023-08-29|
- The Chicago Gay Men's Chorus (CGMC) is marking its 40th-anniversary season this year, and will start this milestone on Sept. 15-16 with "Sporty Forty," an event that is layered in meanings involving stereotypes and the group's ...
|Britney Coleman keeps Company 2023-08-27|
- Company is coming to Chi-town on tour with a fresh take on the classic musical that has already garnered five Tony Awards including Best Musical Revival. The original material in 1970 was nominated for 14 Tony ...