WINDY CITY TIMES
||THEATER 'A Recipe for Disaster' extended through next spring
This article shared 518 times since Thu Nov 4, 2021
James Beard Award-winning Chef Rick Bayless and Windy City Playhouse Artistic Director Amy Rubenstein announced the extension of their immersive production, A Recipe For Disaster, through March 27, 2022.
The fully immersive event gives audiences the opportunity to sample food designed by Bayless, with cocktails and wine pairings by Lanie Bayless.
Based on Bayless' real-life experiences, the story is set during influencer night at The Contumacious Pig, one of the city's hottest restaurants, when everything that could possibly go wrong occurs.
Tickets to A Recipe for Disaster, which include six bite-size tastings and three cocktail and wine samplings are on sale now, with regular and VIP options available. Limited to 30 guests per performance, the VIP experience includes a pre-show charcuterie board and cocktail; premium seating; and a gift bag including dessert, a party favor, and a signed photo of Chef Rick Bayless and the cast.
A Recipe for Disaster is now open on the Club Level at Petterino's, 150 N. Dearborn St. For tickets and more information, visit www.windycityplayhouse.com .
This article shared 518 times since Thu Nov 4, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Hell in a Handbag Productions to present Christmas Dearest Nov. 27-Dec. 31 2021-12-03|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (December 2, 2021) — Hell in a Handbag Productions is pleased to continue its 20th anniversary season with the return of one of its most popular holiday musicals: Christmas Dearest, featuring book and lyrics by ...
|Director Paris Barclay talks about virtual reading of 'The Normal Heart' 2021-12-01|
- The seminal Larry Kramer play The Normal Heart—which focuses on the rise of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in New York City in the early 1980s, through the perspective of the character Ned Weeks—is the subject of a ...
|THEATER 'It's a Wonderful Life: Live in Chicago!' through Dec. 31 2021-11-30|
- American Blues Theater marks its return to live, in-person theater with its 20th annual production of It's a Wonderful Life: Live in Chicago!, from Frank Capra's film. The production will run through Friday, Dec. 31, at ...
|THEATER 'Wicked' returning to Chicago in 2022 2021-11-30|
- The blockbuster musical Wicked will return to Broadway In Chicago's James M. Nederlander Theatre, 24 W. Randolph St., on Sept. 28-Dec. 4, 2022. Now the fifth longest-running show in Broadway historyand featuring songs such as "Popular" ...
|THEATER 'Who's Holiday!' running through Dec. 26 2021-11-29|
- Theater Wit, 1229 W. Belmont St., is running the Chicago premiere of Who's Holiday!a production about a booze-guzzling, cigarette-smoking, adult Cindy Lou Who reminiscing about the night she first met The Grinch. The show is being ...
|THEATER REVIEW Lighthouses in the Desert 2021-11-27|
- Title: Lighthouses in the Desert. Playwright: Richard James Zieman At: Schwartz Stage at Raven Theatre, 6157 N. Clark St. Tickets: $25; GlassAppleTheatre.com. Runs through: Dec. 19 Nowadays, the term "one-act play" can be applied to nearly ...
|Broadway titan Stephen Sondheim dies at 91 2021-11-27|
- Stephen Sondheim, one of the giants of Broadway songwriting, died Nov. 26 at his home in Roxbury, Connecticut, according to media reports. He was 91. Among the works in the legend's oeuvre are Company (1970), Follies ...
|Virtual reading, Q&A of 'The Normal Heart' with mostly LGBTQ+ and/or BIPOC cast on Dec. 4 2021-11-26|
- ONE Archives Foundation, in collaboration with Invisible Histories Project, announced today that a brand-new Q&A will follow an encore and final presentation of the historic virtual reading of Larry Kramer's Tony-winning play The Normal Heart. The ...
|Goodman Theatre's 'A Christmas Carol' running through Dec. 31 2021-11-25|
- Now in its 44th year, Goodman Theatre's classic production of A Christmas Carol is the story of Ebenezer Scrooge's discovery of kindness, compassion and redemption. Director Jessica Thebus co-adapted and helmed the 2020 audio streaming version, ...
|THEATER 'Q Brothers Christmas Carol' Dec. 7-23 2021-11-24|
- The 80-minute hip-hop holiday hit Q Brothers Christmas Carolcreated by Chicago sensations the Q Brothers Collective (GQ, JQ, Jax and Pos) and developed with Creative Producer Rick Boyntonis back in a limited engagement in The Yard ...
|THEATER REVIEW Bug 2021-11-21|
- Title: Bug. Playwright: Tracy Letts At: Steppenwolf Theatre Company, 1650 N. Halsted St. Tickets: $20-$110; Steppenwolf.org. Runs through: Dec. 12 When you hear the word "bug," do you think of an insect, a microbe or a ...
|Legendary costume designer accused of sexual harassment, abuse 2021-11-20|
- Legendary costume designer and six-time Tony winner William Ivey Longa onetime head of the American Theatre Wing, which gives out the Tony Awardshas been accused of sexual harassment and abuse by two different men, according to ...
|THEATER 'Cinderella' at Paramount through Jan. 9 2021-11-20|
- Aurora's Paramount Theatre is presenting Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella through Sunday, Jan. 9, 2022. According to a press release, "Paramount's Cinderella promises to come with all of the spectacle and splendor audiences have come to ex ...
|MOVIES 'Dante and Beatrice in Florence' Nov. 28-Dec. 5 2021-11-19|
- Porchlight Music Theatre is partnering with Hershey Felder Presents: Live from Florence and its second season of productions. The launch of this new season from Hershey Felder is the new musical film Dante and Beatrice in ...
|Goodman Theatre updates its 2022 schedule: 2021-11-18|
--From a press release - (Chicago, IL) Goodman Theatre announces an update to its production schedule for the early months of 2022. The world premiere of Christina Anderson's play the ripple, the wave that carried me home, directed by Miranda Haymona ...