WINDY CITY TIMES
This article shared 2136 times since Wed Dec 14, 2005
Time's running out to see the gang of limp-wristed actors known as GayCo in their first-ever holiday show, Do You Fear What I Fear? The musical revue pits lesbians against circuit boys, and the baby Jesus against—well, you'll have to see for yourself. The six-person cast, directed by stellar token straight guy Jim Zulevic, rips through such hot numbers as 'I'm Not Committing Suicide for Christmas,' 'I'm Putting the Ex Back in Xmas' and 'Elegy for Fields,' satirically marking the metamorphosis of Marshall Field's into Macy's. Well, at least they can keep the 'M.' Through Dec. 17 only; Friday and Saturday, 10:30 p.m., Bailiwick Repertory; ( 773 ) 883-1090; $15.
This article shared 2136 times since Wed Dec 14, 2005
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Hell in a Handbag Productions presenting 'The Drag Seed' 2022-01-24|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO (January 24, 2022) — Hell in a Handbag Productions is pleased to continue its 20th anniversary season with a revival of its popular comedy The Drag Seed, an unauthorized parody of the 1956 psychological horror-thriller ...
|THEATER Shattered Globe running revival of play about workplace racism 2021-12-23|
- Shattered Globe Theatre (SGT) has announced a revival of Chicago writer Joel Drake Johnson's Rasheeda Speaking, directed by SGT Associate Artistic Director AmBer D. Montgomery. This comedy-turned-social thriller about workplace ...
|SHOWBIZ Netflix, Kal Penn, Dennis Rodman, 'The Voice,' 'Euphoria' 2021-11-28|
Video below - Terra Field—one of the Netflix employees who organized the walkout around Dave Chappelle's comedy special The Closer—has resigned from the streamer, Deadline reported. Field, along with B. Pagels-Minor, organized an ...
|THEATER AstonRep's 'God of Carnage' through Dec. 12 2021-11-17|
- AstonRep Theatre Company is running a revival of Yasmina Reza's frenetic dark comedy God of Carnage, translated by Christopher Hampton and co-directed by directed by Derek Bertelsen and Robert Tobin. God of Carnage is running through ...
|Venus Cabaret hosting monthly comedy night 2021-11-11|
- Venus Cabaret Theater, the 80-seat intimate performance space at Mercury Theater Chicago (3745 N. Southport Ave.), is presenting the monthly Comedy Night Series as part of The Dark Night Series. ...
|REVIEW Randy Rainbow tackles politics, shows talent at The Chicago Theatre 2021-10-24|
- YouTube sensation Randy Rainbow brought The Pink Glasses Tour to The Chicago Theatre on Oct. 22. Best known for videos that parody musical numbers with a focus on politics, the heavily curated show began with a ...
|Trans employees plan Oct. 20 walkout at Netflix [UPDATE] 2021-10-13|
- Netflix's trans employee resource group is planning a company-wide walkout Wed., Oct. 20, to protest statements made by co-CEO Ted Sarandos regarding Dave Chappelle's latest comedy special The Closer, according to The Verge. "Trans Lives Matter. ...
|MOVIES Holiday comedy short centers on Muslim family and BIPOC queer relationship 2021-10-13|
- The short film The Syed Family Xmas Eve Game Night follows Noor, a Muslim queer woman, and her experience with bringing her Puerto Rican partner home to meet her family for the first time. When Noor's ...
|LGBTQ+ groups call out Dave Chappelle over latest special 2021-10-07|
- Dave Chappelle's new Netflix comedy special, The Closer, is already making headlines due to material several groups have called anti-LGBTQ, Variety reported. In a statement, GLAAD called out the pattern of derogatory jokes, saying that "Chappelle' ...
|THEATER 'Hot Pink, or Ready to Blow' available for download 2021-09-21|
- It's Pompeii meets Heathers as New American Folk Theatre continues its "season of audio theatre" with a new studio recording of its 2018 hit comedy Hot Pink, or Ready to Blow. The production was written by ...
|THEATER Out actor Dan Butler to be in 'When Harry Met Rehab' 2021-09-15|
- Don Clark, a Chicago-based film/theater producer as well as co-owner of the Chicago Magic Lounge, will present the world premiere of When Harry Met Rehaba comedy that takes sobriety seriously and is based loosely on the ...
|AstonRep Theatre Company announces 2021-22 season: 2021-09-13|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Sept. 13, 2021) — AstonRep Theatre Company is pleased to welcome back live audiences this fall, kicking off with a revival of Yasmina Reza's frenetic dark comedy God of Carnage, translated by Christopher Hampton and ...
|THEATER 'American Mariachi' at Goodman on Sept. 18-Oct. 24 2021-09-05|
- Goodman Theatre is running American Mariachia new comedy about the freedom to dream big, written by Jose Cruz Gonzalez, directed by Goodman Resident Artistic Associate Henry Godinez and presented as part of Chicago Latino Theater Alliance's ...
|SHOWBIZ Billy Porter, 'Death Drop,' Brandi Carlile, vintage films, Gaga 2021-08-29|
- Billy Porter will direct a queer teen comedy feature titled To Be Real for Amazon Studios, which is being helmed by Gabrielle Union's I'll Have Another Productions, NME.com noted. Porter, who is currently working on his ...
|TV Netflix animated series 'Chicago Party Aunt' debuts Sept. 17 2021-08-27|
- The LGBTQ-inclusive series Chicago Party Aunt will debut on Netflix on Friday, Sept. 17. Inspired by the popular Twitter account Chicago Party Aunt, this eight-episode adult animated comedy follows Diane Dunbrowski and nephew Daniel as they ...