This article shared 2339 times since Wed Mar 3, 2004
Matt Hoaglund is becoming more and more of a familiar face on the Chicago GLBT scene. You may recognize him as the Windy City Suburban Gay Idol from this past November. In addition to his vocal talents, Matt also shows his stuff as a poodle breeder and shower. Check out the cover for an example of one of his campy canines.
If you are interested in getting in touch with Matt to talk poodles, e-mail him at email@example.com .
Also, look for Matt to appear at any of the preliminary rounds of the new Windy City Gay Idol competition. The first round will take place at Star Gaze on March 7, followed by Charlie's on March 9, Spin on March 22 and The Closet on April 1. See the ad in this weeks issue for a full calendar of events.
This article shared 2339 times since Wed Mar 3, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|NIH LGBTQ+ webinar to be presented June 9 2022-05-23|
- On Thursday, June 9, 1-2:30 p.m. CT, the NIH Sexual & Gender Minority Research Office will host a special Pride edition of the Scientific Webinar Series to spotlight the recently released National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, ...
|VIEWS The closing of civil society: Russia and the U.S., or fear the queer! 2022-04-23|
- Putin's invasion of Ukraine has made manifest the fragility of civil society in Russia and the strength of civil society in Ukraine. It has also once again focused an intense spotlight on our own civil society. ...
|Out British singer Calum Scott takes a page from The Script 2022-04-02|
- Calum Scott came into the public spotlight during the ninth season of Britain's Got Talent, where he performed a cover of Robyn's classic "Dancing on My Own." The reality show was a rollercoaster of a ride ...
|ART Virgil Catherine Gallery presenting 'C/Overt Observations' in Hinsdale 2022-03-15|
- Virgil Catherine Galleryat 45 S. Washington St., in Hinsdalewill host an artist reception for its latest exhibition, "C/Overt Observations," on Saturday, March 19, 5-8 p.m., spotlighting renowned art, fashion and ...
|New journal will spotlight queer and trans religious studies scholarship 2022-01-31|
-- From a press release - UC Riverside will be the host of an unprecedented conference to launch the first academic journal devoted to queer and transgender scholarship in religious studies. The journal, "QTR: A Journal of Queer and Transgender Studies in ...
|Photography giant Annie Leibovitz talks 'Wonderland' at Chicago Humanities Festival 2021-12-13|
- In its classic style of spotlighting creative humans, the Chicago Humanities Festival (CHF) hosted "Ellen Stone Belic Presents: In Her Infinite Wisdom Annie Leibovitz: Wonderland" on Dec. 7 at the Harris Theater for Music and Dance. ...
|GLAAD launches video series spotlighting Black LGBTQ+ small-business owners 2021-10-04|
- GLAAD has launched "Changemakers," a four-part video series spotlighting Black LGBTQ+ small-business owners and their impact within their local communities before and throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. The series, presented by ...
|New Supreme Court session: Religion dominates 2021-10-04|
- First in the spotlight as the U.S. Supreme Court begins its new session Monday (October 4) is the seemingly precarious state of the right to abortion, an issue LGBT groups have long considered to be of ...
|Joffrey Ballet's "Home: a Celebration" opens inaugural season at Lyric Opera House 2021-08-18|
--From a press release - August 18, 2021 (Chicago) The Joffrey Ballet opens its inaugural season at the Lyric Opera House and marks its return to live performances with Home: a Celebration, a triumphant mixed repertory program that spotlights original ...
|National Women's Music Festival to stream June 30-July 4 2021-06-13|
- The beauty, power and wisdom of women will be celebrated at the 45th Annual National Women's Music Festival, which will be streamed on Mandolin.com on June 30-July 4. There will be a SheRocks Stage, Spotlight Stage, ...
|New report examines bans on medical care for trans youth 2021-04-29|
- The Movement Advancement Project (MAP) released a new policy spotlight report, "Efforts to Ban Health Care for Transgender Youth." In 2021 alone, legislatures in 22 states have introduced bills to ban best practice medical care for ...
|Webinar to spotlight secret gay life of culinary giant James Beard May 5 2021-03-12|
--From a press release - James Beard, who changed how Americans eat, is spotlighted on May 5 with an entertaining live webinar by Food Network star Ted Allen, and author John Birdsall. In the Kitchen Closet takes place May 5 at ...
|Court Theatre premieres spotlight podcast highlighting Black writers 2021-02-18|
--From a press release - Chicago, IL - Court Theatre, under the continuing leadership of Charles Newell, Marilyn F. Vitale Artistic Director, and Executive Director Angel Ysaguirre, announces the online premiere of its Spotlight Podcast. A key component of Court's community ...
|Indoor Voices series spotlights Duke It Out Nutcracker Dec. 18 2020-12-11|
--From a press release - The Music Institute of Chicago's "Indoor Voices," a free series of virtual visits with arts luminaries featuring conversation and occasional performances, returns with a new episode spotlighting the Music Institute's ...
|PASSAGES Ravinia producer Stephen R. Smoot, 57 2020-12-11|
--From a press release - Stephen R. Smoot, who produced hundreds of concerts for Ravinia Festival since 2005, died suddenly on Friday, Nov. 27. He was 57. Known for his quick wit and generous impulse to shine the spotlight on others, ...