||Spirituality: Purrfectly Speaking
by Anita Charlot
This article shared 2970 times since Mon Mar 1, 2004
So, how did it go last month? Were you true to yourself? How did you spend your Valentine's Day? Let's continue with the topic of dating shall we? I would like to ask for your assistance. As you know, I am working on a book about dating. My topics, theories, and suggestions all stem from my personal experience, the women that I have coached, friends as well as acquaintances. I would like to ask you for your opinion as to what topics YOU would like to see addressed in this book. To refresh your memory, the book is about the different phases of relating to another person, from friendship to marriage and how to do that without losing sight of yourself.
What are your thoughts on dating; exclusively vs. non-exclusively? How long do you think two people should get to know each other before they decide to date each other? How long should they date prior to making a commitment? Who pays for what? What have been some of your expectations? Were they realistic? In looking back over your relationships of the past, what would be some of the mistakes that you made that you would want others to consider? How do you feel about dating someone with children? When would you say was a good time to introduce the "physical" into a dating situation? Are you asking for medical information up front?
I find the whole "dating ritual" to be very interesting. The more I write, date and discuss chapters with my focus group; additional topics continue to pop up. My concern is that YOU the reader have those topics discussed that are of interest to you. If you would like to become part of the focus group, just send me an email to email@example.com with "focus group" in the subject heading. I promise that I will personally respond to each and every email letting you know how I plan to incorporate your thoughts into the book. I will not use your name in any publication, book or marketing materials, without your permission. If you do not mind being listed as a participant in the focus group, please state that in your email as well.
I will be accepting additional topics until the middle of April. At that time, I will need to put the finishing touches on the book to prepare to go to the printer. Don't be shy as any topic that might come up in a dating situation is worth reading about in some fashion. I look forward to hearing from you…Until next month!
This article shared 2970 times since Mon Mar 1, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|The Amazon Trail Covid 19 Pioneer 2021-02-13|
- Now that President Biden and Vice President Harris are in office, I've been able to have my first Covid 19 vaccine shot. It was no big deal. I went to our county fairgrounds expecting to be injected through my car window, ...
|GLAAD: Senators vote against response to riot but introduce anti-trans bill 2021-02-10|
--From a press release - Five of the eight senators objecting to Electoral College votes and voting against the second Trump impeachment trial have cosponsored a new bill targeting transgender youth, adding to history of anti-LGBTQ votes and views GLAAD: "More ...
|LETTER Federal anti-discrimination protection? Inevitable 2021-02-06|
- =The astute can predict the future—with more than a modicum of confidence—by examining history. Nate Silver did this last year at fivethirtyeight.com, as did Vegas oddsmakers, in predicting the victory of President Joe Biden over der ...
|OP-ED Gorman's inauguration poem has Black women talking 2021-01-26|
- Amanda Gorman mesmerized a nation with her inauguration poem "The Hill We Climb." The beauty of her presence and the power of her words captured a country battle-scarred and looking for a lifeline. "After four years ...
|Letter: Greed overrides common sense
- Jeffrey Sanker, founder of the White Party concept decades ago, is now at the center of brewing online civil war in the gay community. It was reported by some online LGBTQ media news outlets such as ...
|LETTER: Unnecessary legislation 2021-01-19|
- To the Editor: At a time when Illinois lawmakers should be supporting healthcare heroes who are working tirelessly during the COVID-19 pandemic, we instead receive unwelcome new legislation that will drive up the costs of practicing ...
|OP-ED: New Year's Eve circuit parties go on despite COVID-19 travel concerns 2021-01-08|
- This past New Year's Eve, thousands of gay men flocked to Mexico to attend a New Year's eve "White Party" hosted by long time party promoter Jeffrey Sanker—the host of the annual white party in Palm ...
|OPINION Where do we go from here (redux)? 2020-12-28|
- The year 2020 has been a stressful one. With George Floyd's death as an inflection point about race and racism in America, an unprecedented presidential election and social unrest during an ongoing pandemic with a rising ...
|VIEWS Taking care of your mental health during a COVID holiday season 2020-11-26|
By Adam Ouanes - This holiday season is unlike any before, and it leaves many people feeling unsure about how to get into the holiday spirit. It's not unusual for many people to find this time of year overwhelming, but ...
|The Amazon Trail: Rats fleeing a sinking ship 2020-11-14|
- I've heard the idiom "like rats fleeing a sinking ship" often lately, and while the metaphor is apt for what's going on in the United States, at our house it's even more befitting. Merriam Webster notes, ...
|VIEWPOINT Harris stands on shoulders of giants 2020-11-09|
- The struggle to get President-elect Joe Biden to the finish line first with 270 electoral college votes was unquestionably an epic battle. However, Biden's battle wasn't a century-long one like women finally winning the right to ...
|Lilly Wachowski: Refuse Fascism, at the Ballot Box and in the Street
Video below - In a rare, public and political statement, filmmaker Lilly Wachowski (co-creator of The Matrix trilogy, V for Vendetta, Sense8) published this personal essay on the literary website, LitHub.com, calling on people to "Refuse Fascism, at the ...
|VIEWPOINT Is Pope Francis' support of civil unions just lip service? 2020-10-29|
- Pope Francis has expressed support for civil unions in the Catholic Church. Once again, the pontiff has sent shockwaves across the globe to 1.3 billion of his followers with another LGBTQ- affirming statement. However, this one ...
|LETTER Thank you, Pope Francis 2020-10-22|
- I never thought I would live to see the day when a pope would endorse civil rights for LGBTQ couples. Praise God for His Grace. Also, the many Roman Catholic individuals and organizations who worked so ...
|LETTER TO THE EDITOR Nomination of Amy Coney Barrett
- Women-Church Convergence, a coalition of Catholic-rooted organizations including DignityUSA, deplores the nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court. We have serious concerns about the judgment of any nominee ...