||Spirituality: Purrfectly Speaking
by Anita Charlot
This article shared 3124 times since Mon Mar 1, 2004
So, how did it go last month? Were you true to yourself? How did you spend your Valentine's Day? Let's continue with the topic of dating shall we? I would like to ask for your assistance. As you know, I am working on a book about dating. My topics, theories, and suggestions all stem from my personal experience, the women that I have coached, friends as well as acquaintances. I would like to ask you for your opinion as to what topics YOU would like to see addressed in this book. To refresh your memory, the book is about the different phases of relating to another person, from friendship to marriage and how to do that without losing sight of yourself.
What are your thoughts on dating; exclusively vs. non-exclusively? How long do you think two people should get to know each other before they decide to date each other? How long should they date prior to making a commitment? Who pays for what? What have been some of your expectations? Were they realistic? In looking back over your relationships of the past, what would be some of the mistakes that you made that you would want others to consider? How do you feel about dating someone with children? When would you say was a good time to introduce the "physical" into a dating situation? Are you asking for medical information up front?
I find the whole "dating ritual" to be very interesting. The more I write, date and discuss chapters with my focus group; additional topics continue to pop up. My concern is that YOU the reader have those topics discussed that are of interest to you. If you would like to become part of the focus group, just send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "focus group" in the subject heading. I promise that I will personally respond to each and every email letting you know how I plan to incorporate your thoughts into the book. I will not use your name in any publication, book or marketing materials, without your permission. If you do not mind being listed as a participant in the focus group, please state that in your email as well.
I will be accepting additional topics until the middle of April. At that time, I will need to put the finishing touches on the book to prepare to go to the printer. Don't be shy as any topic that might come up in a dating situation is worth reading about in some fashion. I look forward to hearing from you…Until next month!
This article shared 3124 times since Mon Mar 1, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Survey: Americans hold complex views on gender identity and trans+ Issues 2022-06-29|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON, D.C. (June 28, 2022) — As the United States addresses issues of transgender rights and the broader landscape around gender identity continues to shift, the American public holds a complex set of views around these ...
|VIEWS Workers' rights are LGBTQ+ rights 2022-06-27|
- June usually marks a joyous month for the LGBTQ+ community and our allies as we reflect on the decades of hard work that our community and movement have put into securing and promoting our civil rights. ...
|WORLD Japanese ruling, Pride events, Colombia election, Boris Johnson 2022-06-26|
- A Japanese court ruled that the country's ban on same-sex marriage does not violate the constitution, and rejected demands for compensation by three couples who said their right to free union and equality has been violated, ...
|How Coming Out in the 1970s Helped Me Make Brave, Life-changing Decisions 2022-06-25|
By Edith Forbes, author of Tracking A Shadow: My Lived Experiment With MS - As a child growing up in Wyoming in the 1960's, I did not know any actual person who was gay. I knew exactly one fact about gay people, a fact universally accepted but never talked about: Gay people were strange. Even ...
|VIEWS The gay general at Valley Forge 2022-06-18|
- Friedrich Wilhelm Ludolf Gerhard Augustin von Steuben was born on Sept. 17, 1730, in Magdeburg, Germany. Son of a military father, Friedrich joined the Prussian army considered the most advanced professional army in Europe at the ...
|VIEWS Introductory speech at the IML/IMBB 2022 contest 2022-06-04|
- Note: International Mr. Leather (IML) 2022 and International Mr. Bootblack (IMBB) 2022 took place May 26-30 in Chicago. At the culminating contest on May 29, Chuck Renslow Charitable Foundation President ...
|LETTER Homophobia on The Maze Jackson show 2022-06-02|
- NOTE: Maze Jackson—who hosts"The Most Dangerous Social-Radio Show in Chicago" on weekday mornings at WBGX 1570AM—is the husband of Metropolitan Water Reclamation District President and Cook County assessor candidate Kari ...
|VIEWPOINT: LETTERS Pride: Remembering who we are 2022-05-30|
- The LGBTQAI community echoes the mantra of secular society: Happiness comes from sex, money and power. Life is too busy with work and leisure to have time for religion and/or values. During this period of Pride ...
|VIEWS Another 'Handmaid's Tale,' or sex and the supreme Catholics 2022-05-24|
- Amy Vivian Coney Barrett was confirmed as an associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court by the U.S. Senate on Oct. 26, 2020. Barrett is only the fifth woman ever to serve on the Court. She is also the sixth Catholic ...
|'LGBTQ Rights on the Line: The Role of Communicators Advocating for Equality' event preview 2022-05-22|
-- From a press release - Celebrating, honoring and acknowledging Pride Month is more important this year than ever (and it should be celebrated all year, not just during one month). The expected Supreme Court ruling that will undermine the right to ...
|VIEWS Dignity/Chicago celebrates 50 years of ministry 2022-05-06|
- It was 1972 and it was dangerous to be gay or lesbian. One could be arrested, publicly humiliated or fired from one's job. Even finding safety in the emerging bar scene was hazardous. Added to that ...
|VIEWS Biden, Democrats must end Title 42 now 2022-04-26|
- The Biden Administration should honor its commitment to immediately end Title 42 restrictions which were imposed by former President Donald Trump, to deny asylum seekers their basic, protected rights. It would be a mistake for Democrats ...
|VIEWS The closing of civil society: Russia and the U.S., or fear the queer! 2022-04-23|
- Putin's invasion of Ukraine has made manifest the fragility of civil society in Russia and the strength of civil society in Ukraine. It has also once again focused an intense spotlight on our own civil society. ...
|LETTERS A difference in opinion about Vatican document 2022-04-07|
- I am responding to DignityUSA Executive Director Marianne Duddy-Burks, who issued a press release that Windy City Times published. A newly released document from the Vatican's Congregation for Catholic Education could trigger a new wave of ...
|VIEWPOINT Mixed reactions to Will Smith's slap 2022-04-05|
- By now, everyone has seen or heard about Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars for making a tasteless and misogynistic joke about his wife's short hair resembling Demi Moore's buzzcut in the 1997 movie ...