||Sidetrack announces 'Dragapalooza,' Oct. 26 and 27
This article shared 703 times since Wed Oct 19, 2016
Two nights, two stages, dozens of queens, sexy dancers, and burlesque entertainers will be taking over Sidetrack for a production like no other to benefit Equality Illinois. For over 20 years, Chicago's longest-running drag benefit, Night of 100 Drag Queens, has celebrated the campy, the beautiful, the avant-garde and the just plain "sickening" Chicago drag community. This year the festival, celebrating all things drag, introduces its new name: Night of 100: Dragapalooza.
The show will take place for two nights only: Wednesday, October 26 and Thursday, October 27.
Directed by Jeffrey Lynch and hosted by Dixie Lynn Cartwright and Trannika Rex, Dragapalooza features a who's who of Chicago drag, including Chicago's own RuPaul's Drag Race favorites Dida Ritz and Jade Sotomayor. There will be solo acts, group numbers and highly choreographed production numbers. Queens come to Dragapalooza from such renown shows as Squad Goals, Geek Haus, Trannika's Most Wanted, Bio Hazards, Crash Landing and Dixie Wins a Talent Show, to name a few. A special VIP reception will allow you in early to grab the best seats in the house and enjoy the sexy men of The Naughty Little Cabaret.
Miller Lite is the presenting sponsor and additional sponsors include Bacardi, Absolut Citron, JÃ¤germeister and Hendricks Gin. All funds raised from tickets to the show go directly to Equality Illinois.
VIP tickets are $20 per person in advance or $25 at the door. Doors open for the VIP reception at 7 p.m. General admission tickets are $15 per person in advance and at the door. Doors open for general admission at 8 p.m. Tickets are also available online at www.sidetrackchicago.com .
Dragapalooza is a benefit for Equality Illinois to support the work the statewide organization does on behalf of LGBT Rights. Equality Illinois is the state's oldest and largest organization advocating for full equal rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender ( "LGBT" ) people. www.equalityillinois.us.
From press release
This article shared 703 times since Wed Oct 19, 2016
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Berlin Nightclub closes after nearly 40 years, following boycott 2023-11-21|
Decades of Photo Archives below - After nearly forty years, Berlin Nightclub, 954 W. Belmont Ave., officially closed its doors Nov. 19 following a months-long fight between its owners and unionized workers. Owners Jim Schuman and Jo Webster officially announced Berlin Nightclub's ...
|Happy Hail-loween: Rough weather doesn't get the better of Haunted Halsted revelers 2023-11-03|
- The 26th annual Haunted Halsted Halloween Parade returned for the 26th time on Oct. 31. Attendees were challenged by a mix of rain, snow and hail as they marched down Halsted Street from Belmont Avenue towards ...
|Berlin Nightclub workers urge customers to boycott as they fight for fair contract 2023-10-31|
- Berlin Nightclub workers are calling for people to boycott the LGBTQ+ club while they push for their first contract, which they hope will include increased wages and access to healthcare. Berlin Nightclub workers unionized in April ...
|MIR's Intergalactic Rubber celebration soars to a suburb not too far way 2023-10-27|
Photos by Joseph Stevens - Mister International Rubber (MIR) 27, this year themed as Intergalactic Rubber, took off Oct. 19-22 from their new location at the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton in Skokie. MIR26 Pusckatt Pumera Onyx stepped down and passed their ...
|GAY HISTORY MONTH In the '60s, drag found a home in San Francisco's Glen Park 2023-10-02|
- Special to Windy City Times. To mark Gay History Month, this article appears courtesy of the Bay Area Reporter. During the '60s most LGBTQ nightlife in San Francisco was centered in the northern neighborhoods of the ...
|Nobody's Darling celebrates expansion into adjoining property with soft opening event 2023-09-24|
- In the little over two years since its opening, Nobody's Darling in Andersonville has emerged as one of the premiere inclusive spaces to gather in Chicago. Nobody's Darling has become so successful that co-owners Angela Barnes ...
|Chicago musician, producer and DJ Don Crescendo killed in Avondale stabbing 2023-09-20|
- Chicago's LGBTQ+ nightlife community and allies have rallied around the family and close friends of local longtime musician, producer and DJ Rodney Donovan Taylor, a.k.a. Don Crescendo, in the wake of his death by stabbing last ...
|MUSIC Kylie Minogue to debut Vegas residency this fall 2023-07-28|
- The Venetian Resort Las Vegas revealed details surrounding its new 1,000-seat nightlife space, Voltaire, with the announcement of its first headlinerpop sensation and LGBTQ+ ally Kylie Minogue, a press release ...
|Bears, cubs and their admirers return for Illinois Bear Contest 2023-04-11|
- Visitors and Chicagoans gathered at Charlies Chicago, 3726 N. Broadway, on April 7 to kick off the Illinois Bear Contest weekend, the first since 2019. The contest itself took place the following evening at Leather Archives ...
|SHOWBIZ Trans musicians, NHL, 'Queen Charlotte,' Jinkx Monsoon, Anderson Cooper 2023-04-08|
- The Face published an article about five trans musicians who should be on people's playlists. British queer nightlife legend Mya Mehmi said that those musicians include New York's Ms Boogie, London-based Harve, Arca, Ms. Carrie Stacks ...
|Winners chosen in the International Puppy and Trainer Contest 2023-04-03|
- The International Puppy & Trainer Contest was held in Chicago the weekend of March 31 to April 2 for the first time since 2019. The contest's Meet & Greet was held at Cellblock on March 31. The contest was hosted the ...
|PASSAGES: Visual artist, Chicago nightlife scene drag performer legend and hairdresser Jojo Baby 2023-03-16|
- Visual artist, Chicago nightlife scene drag performer legend, doll-maker and hairdresser Jojo Baby died March 14 of liver, lung and stomach cancer. They were 51. Baby was born April 10, 1971, in Chicago and grew up ...
|Puppy & Handler Contest returns 2023-02-21|
Joseph Stephens - The Midwest Puppy & Handler Contest took place the weekend of Feb. 17-18 for the first time since 2019. The contest's meet-and-greet was held at Cellblock Feb. 17. The contest itself was hosted by the Leather ...
|Chicagoans gather for Jackhammer re-opening 2023-01-30|
Photos by Joseph Stevens - Rogers Park leather and fetish bar Jackhammer held its grand re-opening the evening of Jan. 27 after a long renovation process. The longtime North Side watering hole opened in 1999, taking over the space previously occupied ...
|ONYX Midwest forum tackles racist performance at Touche's anniversary party 2023-01-22|
- In a response to the racist performance that took place at the leather, fetish and bear-focused Touche Chicago's 45th anniversary celebration on Nov. 1, 2022, ONYX Midwest hosted a community forum Jan. 21 at The Leather ...