WINDY CITY TIMES
||SPORTS White Sox eliminated from playoffs
This article shared 1281 times since Wed Oct 13, 2021
The Chicago White Sox's season has ended.
The Houston Astros advanced to their fifth consecutive American League Championship Series on Oct. 12 by defeating the White Sox 10-1 at Chicago's Guaranteed Rate Field in game four of their best-of-five division series matchup, ESPN.com reported.
Houston scored at least six runs in every game against a White Sox pitching staff that boasted Major League Baseball's 5th-best ERA and top strikeout rate in the regular season, Yahoo! Sports noted. Teams from the White Sox's division are now 2-15 in the playoffs since 2018.
The Astros are the third team to appear in five straight league championship series and the first to do so since the Atlanta Braves reached eight straight from 1991 to 1999.
Dusty Baker is the Astros' manager; among other teams, he led the Chicago Cubs during 2003-06.
This article shared 1281 times since Wed Oct 13, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Brittney Griner appealing conviction 2022-08-16|
- Russian news agencies have reported that attorneys for U.S. basketball star Brittney Griner have filed an appeal of her nine-year Russian prison sentence for drug possession, according to PBS Newshour. Griner, an eight-time all-star center with ...
|10th biennial Bingham Cup taking place through Aug. 21 2022-08-15|
- The LGBTQ+ rugby tournament known as the Mark Kendall Bingham Memorial Tournamentor the Bingham Cupis taking place in Ottawa, Canada, through Sunday, Aug. 21. According to a press release, "The Bingham Cup is the largest amateur ...
|Sky snag #2 seed in playoffs; Red Stars, Cubs fall; White Sox win 2022-08-15|
- In Phoenix's Footprint Center, the Chicago Sky (26-10) defeated the Mercury (15-21) 82-67 on Aug. 14 in WNBA action to end the regular season on a high note. By winning, the Skythe defending championssecured the number-two ...
|Chicago Fire FC fall; Cubs, White Sox both win 2022-08-14|
- In Chester, Pennsylvania, on Aug. 13, the Chicago Fire FC fell to the Philadelphia Union 4-1. The away defeat snapped the Fire's five-game unbeaten run, including consecutive away wins, as the team moved three points below ...
|Cubs win 'Field of Dreams' game; White Sox, Sky lose 2022-08-12|
- In the "Field of Dreams" game on Aug. 11, the Chicago Cubs (46-65) defeated the Cincinnati Reds (44-67) 4-2 in Dyersville, Iowa. True to the nature of the classic 1989 movie, the game was played by ...
|Sky lose historic game; Cubs fall; White Sox split 2022-08-10|
- In what was openly lesbian WNBA legend Sue Bird's final regular-season game against the Chicago Sky (25-9), things certainly were memorable for her and the Seattle Storm (21-13). The Storm defeated the Sky 111-100 at Wintrust ...
|Sky, Red Stars, Fire and White Sox all win; Cubs do not 2022-08-08|
- The Chicago Sky (25-8) extended their franchise record with their 25th victory, defeating the Connecticut Sun (22-11) 94-91 on Aug. 7 at Wintrust Arena in a game that was nationally televised on ABC. Courtney Vandersloot led ...
|NATIONAL Okla. schools, Tenn. lawsuit, political items, Mich. library 2022-08-07|
Video below - Oklahoma public schools have started requiring students from kindergarten to college to complete "biological sex affidavits" if they want to compete in school sports, in accordance with a state law that took effect earlier this year, ...
|WORLD Zelensky, French position, UK drag-queen shows, triathlons 2022-08-07|
- Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky confirmed he will ask Ukraine's government to look into legalizing same-sex marriage after the war with Russia ends, PinkNews reported. Ukraine's constitution defines marriage as between a man and a woman. Last ...
|Sky, Cubs and White Sox all win 2022-08-06|
- The Chicago Sky (24-8) defeated the Washington Mystics (20-13) 93-83 at Wintrust Arena on Aug. 5. The Sky tied a franchise record with 24 wins in a single seasona record set during the 2013 WNBA regular ...
|Brittney Griner found guilty, sentenced to nine years 2022-08-04|
- On Aug. 4, a Russian court found out WNBA star Brittney Griner guilty of drug smuggling and possession charges—and sentenced her to nine years in prison. The widely expected verdict came after a monthlong trial ...
|The Chicago Sky launch The Net: A Mental Health Initiative 2022-08-03|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO (Aug. 3, 2022)—As issues of mental health make headlines in sport—and women's sports in particular—the WNBA championship team Chicago Sky launched "The Net," (A Network of Mental Health Support in ...
|Cubs keep Contreras, Happ; White Sox win; Sky lose 2022-08-03|
- In the wake of a 6-0 loss at the St. Louis Cardinals (55-48) on Aug. 2, the Chicago Cubs (41-61) did not trade catcher Willson Contreras or outfielder Ian Happ, WGN-TV noted. Both were listed in ...
|Chicago Sky's James Wade named WNBA Coach of the Month for second straight time 2022-08-02|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO (Aug. 2, 2022)Chicago Sky General Manager/Head Coach James Wade has been selected as the WNBA Coach of the Month for July, the league announced. This is the second month in a row Wade has won ...
|Courtney Vandersloot named WNBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week 2022-08-02|
-- From a press release - CHICAGOThe Chicago Sky's Courtney Vandersloot was named WNBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week, the league announced. This marks the second time this season and eighth time in Vandersloot's 12-year career to receive the honor. Vandersloo ...