WINDY CITY TIMES
||SPORTS Bulls improve to 14-8 with latest win
This article shared 549 times since Tue Nov 30, 2021
The Chicago Bulls took the latest battle of the Ball brothers (Chicago's Lonzo versus Charlotte's LaMelo), riding a stellar performance by Nikola Vucevic to a 133-119 victory over the Charlotte Hornets at the United Center, ESPN.com noted.
Chicago shot a season-high 59.6% from the field and had five players score in double figures. Vucevic had a season-best 30 points and grabbed 14 rebounds. DeMar DeRozan scored 28 points, and Zach LaVine, a game-time decision because of an illness, finished with 25.
With patriarch LaVar Ball watching and wearing a black hat that read "I Told You So," Lonzo helped the Bulls get back on track after dropping three of four. He had 16 points and eight assists, while LaMelo had 18 points and 13 assists.
Chicago will now visit the New York Knicks on Thursday, Dec. 2.
This article shared 549 times since Tue Nov 30, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Chicago Sky hire Ann Wauters as assistant coach 2022-01-26|
- The defending WNBA champion Chicago Sky have hired Ann Wauters as an assistant coach, General Manager/Head Coach James Wade announced in a press statement. "We are very excited to welcome Ann to our staff." Wade said. ...
|Chicago Red Stars appoint Michelle Lomnicki associate general manager 2022-01-26|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO, IL. (Jan. 26, 2022) — Michelle Lomnicki, a former player for the Chicago Red Stars, has been named the club's associate general manager. "We're thrilled to have Michelle expand her role with the Red Stars," ...
|Chicago Bears hire Ryan Poles as general manager 2022-01-26|
- The Chicago Bears have hired Ryan Poles, 36, as their next general manager, a press release stated. Poles has spent the last 13 seasons working with the Kansas City Chiefs as a player personnel assistant (2009), ...
|SPORTS Bulls edge Oklahoma City 111-110 2022-01-25|
- The Chicago Bulls (29-17) barely got back in the win column, edging the Oklahoma City Thunder (14-33) 111-110 in Oklahoma. Zach LaVinewho had missed several games with an injuryscored 23 points along with seven assists and ...
|ICYMI: NCAA Facilitator quits in protest of NCAA's failure to protect trans athletes 2022-01-24|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, Dorian Rhea Debussy, Ph.D. (they/them), one of 54 facilitators in the NCAA Division III LGBTQ OneTeam program, resigned in protest of recent actions the NCAA has taken, including a new policy around ...
|SPORTS Bulls fall to lowly Orlando 114-95 2022-01-24|
- The short-handed Chicago Bulls (28-17) continued their slide, losing to the Orlando Magic (9-39) 114-95 on Jan. 23 in Florida. The Bulls were recently first in the Eastern Conference; now, they're in third place. DeMar DeRozan ...
|SHOWBIZ 'The Gay Agenda,' Elliot Page, actress dies, sports items, Rock Hudson 2022-01-23|
- Netflix has launched The Gay Agenda, a podcast that looks at the lives of LGBTQ creatives at the top of their fields across different industries, NBC News noted. The goal, the streaming service said, is to ...
|SPORTS Packers fall to 49ers in NFL playoffs 2022-01-23|
- The Green Bay Packers made the NFL playoffs while the Chicago Bears didn't. However, they'll both be watching this year's Super Bowl from home after the top-seeded Packers (13-5) fell to the San Francisco 49ers (12-7) ...
|Bulls, Blackhawks fall short; 'Hawks reschedule games 2022-01-22|
- In NBA action, the Chicago Bulls (28-16) fell short against the defending-champion Milwaukee Bucks (29-19), losing 94-90 in Wisconsin on Jan. 21. Bulls coach Billy Donovan was livid after the game. He was upset about Bucks ...
|HRC condemns NCAA for failure to protect LGBTQ+ athletes 2022-01-21|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON, D.C. Late last night, the NCAA ratified (https://www.ncaa.org/news/2022/1/20/media-center-ncaa-members-approve-new-constitution.aspx) its new constitution, which does not include nondiscrimination policy language that had ...
|SPORTS Bulls end losing streak against Cleveland 2022-01-20|
- The Chicago Bulls (28-15) ended their four-game losing streak with a sorely needed 117-104 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers (27-19) on Jan. 19 at the United Center. DeMar DeRozan and Nikola Vucevic combined for 54 points, ...
|NCAA updates trans-related policies 2022-01-20|
- The NCAA has adopted a sport-by-sport approach for transgender athletes, bringing the organization in line with the U.S. and International Olympic Committees (IOC), POLITICO reported. Under the new guidelines, approved ...
|Texas' anti-trans youth sports law goes into effect 2022-01-18|
- A new Texas law bars transgender student athletes from competing on school sports teams that align with their gender identity, Houston Public Media reported. House Bill 25 is one of several laws that went into effect ...
|SPORTS Bulls and Blackhawks both lose 2022-01-18|
- Jan. 17 was not a good night for Chicago's NBA and NHL teams. The Chicago Bulls (27-15) lost their fourth straight game, 119-106 to the Memphis Grizzlies (31-15) in Tennessee. After snacking on teams with weaker ...
|Blackhawks win fourth straight; Bulls lose third consecutive game 2022-01-16|
- The Chicago Blackhawks (15-18-5) defeated the Anaheim Ducks (19-15-7) 3-0 at the United Center on Jan. 15. It was Chicago's fourth consecutive victory. There were 73 combined shots between the Blackhawks and the Ducksthe most in ...