This article shared 2292 times since Wed Jun 1, 2005
The Mautner Project, a national lesbian health organization, announced the launch of SHEcircle.org . The new Web site will be devoted to Black lesbians and features an online 'village' that promotes healthful living.
This article shared 2292 times since Wed Jun 1, 2005
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Nominations announced for 33rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards 2022-01-19|
-- From a press release - New York, NY - Wed., Jan. 19, 2022 - GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, today announced the nominees for the 33rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards. RuPaul's Drag ...
|Human Rights Campaign Foundation releases new data on the LGBTQ+ wage gap 2022-01-19|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON — Today, the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the Human Rights Campaign, the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) civil rights organization, released ...
|Nat'l Black Justice Coalition celebrates openly LGBTQ+/SGL NAACP Image Award nominees 2022-01-18|
-- From a press release - The National Black Justice Coalition (NBJC) celebrates the historic number of openly Black lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer+, and same-gender loving (LGBTQ+/SGL) nominees for the NAACP Image Awards. The Image ...
|WORLD Archbishop demoted, Israel ruling, Denmark petition, tennis icon 2022-01-16|
- Pope Francis demoted Archbishop Giacomo Morandi, the number-two official in the doctrine office, due to the belief that he is responsible for the controversial document that bars blessings for same-sex couples, according to Newsweek. Morandi is ...
|PASSAGES Veronica Drake 2022-01-13|
- Veronica Drake—a onetime Chicago resident and longtime LGBTQ+-rights activist—recently passed away in October. She was 58. She last resided in Florida. According to an obituary at Marvin C. Zanders Funeral Home, Inc., Drake was born Sept. 15 ...
|POLITICS Laura Ricketts co-chairing Valencia's finance committee 2022-01-13|
- Laura Rickettsa co-owner of the Chicago Cubs, along with her family, and a leader in the LGBTQ+ communityis co-chairing the finance committee of Illinois secretary of state candidate Anna Valencia, according to the Politico Illinois Playbook. ...
|LGBTQ+ and BIPOC Youth Led Study on Youth and Young Adult COVID-19 Vaccination Finds Surprising Results 2022-01-10|
From a news release - BOULDER, CO - Out Boulder County in partnership with El Centro AMISTAD and Unwoven Ventures with the leadership of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ+) and Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) youth created ...
|Virtual discussion about Amigas Latinas to take place Jan. 29 2021-12-24|
- A virtual discussion about the now-defunct but groundbreaking organization Amigas Latinas will take place Saturday, Jan. 29, at 2 p.m. Amigas Latinas founders Mona Noriega and Evette Cardona, and former Amigas Latinas board member Lourdes Torres ...
|'Real Housewife' Julia Lemigova talks about Miami Housewives, miniature cattle 2021-12-24|
- The Real Housewives of Miami finally has an out and proud member of the LGBTQ+ in the main cast with Julia Lemigova. (She's the franchise's second such cast member, following The Real Housewives of Orange County's ...
|Debra Shore reflects on new role in EPA, past accomplishments 2021-12-22|
- In October, President Joe Biden appointed Debra Shore to be the next Region Five Administrator for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), representing six states in the Midwest and the lands of 35 federally recognized tribes. Shorewho ...
|Filmmaker B. Danielle Watkins discusses her 'Higher Spirit' 2021-12-22|
- Although lesbian filmmaker/screenwriter/author B. Danielle Watkins has now made two films about Christmas, she admitted she really doesn't like movies that center on the holiday. "My best friend and business partner, Onyx Keesha, loves them," Watkins ...
|Affinity's annual Burning Bowl postponed until March 2021-12-22|
- Affinity Community Services—a Chicago social-justice organization serving the needs of the Black LGBTQ+ community, with a particular focus on Black women—is postponing its annual Burning Bowl ceremony until March 2022. A note read, "Due to t ...
|Actor, poet, arts activist Jerrie Johnson talks new Amazon show 'Harlem,' other work 2021-12-20|
- Jerrie Johnson's mission to book a series regular role six months after finishing graduate school came to fruition when they (Johnson uses they/them pronouns) were cast as Tye, a lesbian dating app creator/CEO (who uses she/her ...
|Out actress Kelly McGillis to join flag-football teams in Key West tourney 2021-12-16|
- Teams of women and girls from around the world are to meet for sporting events and activities Jan. 24-31, 2022, during the 30th annual Kelly McGillis Classic International Women's & Girls' Flag Football Championship, according to ...
|SPORTS Sky's Parker reveals she's married, she and wife expecting 2021-12-15|
- Candace Parker, a star on the WNBA's Chicago Sky, announced she was expecting her second child with her wife, Anna Petrakova, on their anniversary, USA Today reported. Parker—who already has a 12-year-old daughter—said in an Instagram ...