WINDY CITY TIMES
||SHE100 LGBTQ women's group launches
This article shared 6690 times since Mon Nov 11, 2013
Chicago's newest LGBTQ group, SHE100, had their first mixer "SHE100 Official Coming Out Party" Nov. 8. The event was a celebration of SHE100 to inspire more women to join the group. "The turnout, energy and diversity was great, and SHE100 is really excited about its future," said organizers.
SHE100 is an active LGBTQ women's community whose work, presence and advocacy seeks to strengthen the greater LGBTQ community. Organizers stated: "SHE100 was founded in 2013 in response to a widely observed but little acknowledged truth: LGBTQ women are present but far less visible than LGBTQ men when it comes to charitable, philanthropic and community endeavors in Chicago. SHE100 was formed to increase the volume of LGBTQ voices and to influence positive change."
Founding Board Members are Angela Barnes, Maia Benson, Amy Bloom and Brooke Skinner.
Questions: email@example.com . Website: www.she100.org .
This article shared 6690 times since Mon Nov 11, 2013
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Gina Ortiz Jones, Shawn Skelly confirmed by U.S. Senate; both make LGBTQ history 2021-07-22|
--From a press release - Washington, DC — The United States Senate today confirmed two historic LGBTQ presidential nominees by unanimous consent. Gina Ortiz Jones, confirmed for Under Secretary of the Air Force, will be the first out lesbian to serve ...
|Queer In(n) producers announce inaugural installation unveiling, upcoming website 2021-07-18|
- Partners and co-producers, Kelli Simpkins and Adithi Chandrashekar are creating a curated, generative online arts gallery called Queer In(n). The inaugural unveiling of a five-foot-by-six-foot wheat paste portrait of longtime ...
|Billie Jean King part of group inducted into Tennis Hall of Fame 2021-07-17|
- Lesbian trailblazer and icon Billie Jean King was one of 12 people inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame on July 17, according to the hall's website. The Class of 2021 includes coach Dennis Van ...
|PASSAGES Author, cultural theorist, scholar Lauren Berlant dies 2021-07-15|
- Author, cultural theorist and scholar Lauren Berlant died June 28 in a Chicago hospice facility of a rare form of cancer. They were 63. Berlant (who used they/them pronouns professionally) was born Oct. 31, 1957 in ...
|Prominent lesbian educator/activist/author Sally Gearhart dies at 90 2021-07-15|
- Sally Gearhartthe first out lesbian to receive a tenure-track position at San Francisco State University and a prominent LGBTQ-rights advocatedied July 14, according to The Bay Area Reporter, which cited an email Jean Crosby sent to ...
|Aug. 11 CHF Comedic Showcase to feature Abby McEnany 2021-07-13|
- On Wed., Aug. 11, 7-8 p.m., the Chicago Humanities Festival (CHF) will host "Work in Progress: A Comedic Showcase of Chicago," featuring Abby McEnany, on Navy Pier's Lake Stage. There will be a virtual introduction by ...
|Out lesbian Chantale Wong nominated to ambassador-level post 2021-07-02|
--From a press release - Washington, DC — Today President Joe Biden nominated Chantale Wong to be the United States Director to the Asian Development Bank, a post with the rank of ambassador. Wong is the first out lesbian and first ...
|'Tig Notaro: Drawn' airing July 24 on HBO 2021-07-01|
- Emmy and Grammy-nominated comedian, writer, actor and director Tig Notaro will return to HBO for a one-of-a-kind, genre-spanning experience in this first-ever fully animated stand-up special, Tig Notaro: Drawn, debuting ...
|Cleve Carney Museum of Art to honor Frida Kahlo's birthday 2021-06-29|
- The Cleve Carney Museum of Art (CCMA) and the McAninch Arts Center (MAC) at the College of DuPage (COD) will honor the birthday of iconic Mexican painter Frida Kahlo in two unique ways this summer on ...
|Holocaust Memorial Museum presents "How Lesbian and Gay Resistance Leaders Defied Nazi Persecution" 2021-06-24|
--From a press release - To celebrate the contributions of the LGBTQ community this month, the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum presents its forthcoming Facebook Live virtual event, "Pride Month: Defying Nazi Persecution," on Wednesday, June 30, at 9:30 a.m. ET. The ...
|HRC, NCLR, Task Force to host 'Pride Then & Now' 2021-06-24|
- On Monday, June 28, at 7 p.m. ET, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR) and the National LGBTQ Task Force will co-host a virtual event, "Pride Then & Now: Honoring the ...
|VIEWPOINT Pride at work 2021-06-23|
- Pride Month is a chance for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) people to be proud and visible in a world that tells us not to be. Pride Month is a chance to celebrate and ...
|Chicago Dyke March on June 26
- The Chicago Dyke March is slated to resume Saturday, June 26, at 2 p.m., starting at Palmer Square Park, 2200 N. Kedzie Ave. ...
|Nobody's Darling offers Chicago's queer women a new space to gather 2021-06-19|
- Angela Barnes and Renauda Riddle are co-owners of Nobody's Darling—a new Andersonville spot that focuses on queer women. The bar, named after Alice Walker's poem "Be Nobody's Darling," opened May 20 and is located in the ...
|Pride celebration with Lightfoot, tennis legend King on June 24
- Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot and tennis legend Billie Jean King will co-host a virtual Pride celebration Thursday, June 24, 6-7 p.m. Howard Brown Health's Dr. Magda Houlberg, Chicago House's Avi Rudnick and Brave Space Alliance's LaSaia ...