||Runway ALMA Gears Up
This article shared 3395 times since Mon Oct 1, 2007
The fashion show 'Runway ALMA: All Decked & OUT!'—sponsored by the Association of Latino Men for Action ( ALMA ) —will take place Fri., Oct. 12, at Germania Place, 108 W. Germania ( near North and Clark ) , 7 p.m.-12 a.m.
The honorees will be Alex Perez, an out reporter for NBC-5, and
There are three levels of ticket pricing: Level 1 ( $100 ) attendees can attend a VIP reception, get two drink tickets, receive a gift bag and have VIP seating at the fashion show; Level 2 ( $75 ) guests get special seating, a drink ticket and a gift bag; and Level 3 ( $50 ) attendees get general seating.
Call 773-574-4157 or see www.almachicago.org .
This article shared 3395 times since Mon Oct 1, 2007
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Among California Latinx, older LGBs more likely than straight peers to have stress 2021-02-04|
--From a Williams Institute press release - In both LGB and straight populations, Latinx people had poorer physical health outcomes New research from the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law finds that Latinx older adults in California are similar to their non-LGB ...
|Chicago History Museum partners with ALMA in new 'OUT at CHM' series
- The Chicago History Museum announced a new partnership with the local LGBTQ+ group Association of Latinos/as/x Motivating Action (ALMA). This partnership is the culmination of a longstanding collaboration with OUT at CHM and will highlight the ...
|Lightfoot appoints new corporation counsel in wake of police raid fallout
- Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot announced Dec. 21 that Celia Meza will serve as acting corporation counsel, effective immediately. Meza is the first Latina to ever hold this position. In her current role as mayor's counsel and ...
|Play development series seeks new plays authored by artists of color 2020-11-19|
--From a press release - (Chicago, IL) Calling all bold, imaginative new plays authored by artists of color for Future LabsGoodman Theatre's newest artistic program to develop works authored and directed by Black, Indigenous, Latinx, AAPI and other artists of co ...
|Center on Halsted's Valle, artist Sam Kirk among Latinx Community Champions
- Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot will join the Office of Community Engagement and other City leaders for a celebratory virtual event to commemorate Latinx Heritage Month by honoring 19 "Campeones de la Communidad Latina" ("Latinx Community Champions") ...
|COVID-19 Report: Latinx LGBTQ people suffer more from economic fallout 2020-09-18|
- The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation released new data outlining the economic impact of COVID-19 on Latinx LGBTQ people. The new research shows that Latinx LGBTQ people are more likely to have had their employment adversely ...
|ALMA, Center on Halsted hosting visibility talk Sept. 15 2020-09-09|
- ALMA (The Association of Latinos/as Motivating Action) and the Center on Halsted LGBTQ will host a virtual community discussion on visibility"Being Seen and Heard in the Time of Coronavirus, Census ...
|First night of RNC: GOPs try for diversity, GLAAD ad, Grenell's claims 2020-08-25|
- The first night of the Republican National Convention spent considerable time reassuring Black and Latinx people that it is the party of "diversity," "values," and "morality." An openly gay speaker is planned for Aug. 26, but ...
|SHOWBIZ Terrence McNally, Latino/a/x musicians, singer Harry Hains, Lena Waithe
- Tony-winning actors Billy Porter and Rita Moreno, along with director Jeff Kaufman, will celebrate Terrence McNally on Wed., July 1, at 8 p.m. CT, with the International Documentary Association (IDA) ...
|COVID-19 pandemic focus of Latinx Pride virtual community chat 2020-06-28|
- The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic was the focus of the first in a series of Association of Latinx Motivating Action (ALMA) "Latinx Pride: Integrating Past & Present Lessons to Move Forward" community chats in partnership with Center ...
|Organizations respond to murder of trans Chicagoan 2020-06-24|
- A number of organizations released statements on the May murder of a Chicago Latinx transgender woman who, at the time of her death, had been misgendered by both authorities and local media. Selena Reyes-Hernandez, 37, was ...
|Latinx community organizations condemn anti-Black attacks 2020-06-03|
- As Latinx community organizations from across the Chicagoland area, we are coming together to issue the following statement regarding the blatant attacks perpetuated by some groups of non-Black Latinxs against Black people in the last few ...
|Latino coalition calls for health protections for communities of color 2020-05-29|
- Chicago, IL As Illinois prepares to move into Phase 3 of its reopening plan, too many glaring health and economic disparities remain unaddressed for the state's communities of color. The Illinois Latino COVID-19 Initiative calls ...
|Coalition of progressive groups slam Ruban Diaz Sr. for anti-abortion, anti-LGBTQ record 2020-05-15|
- NEW YORK As New York grapples with the COVID-19 pandemic, a broad coalition of progressive groups including Planned Parenthood Action Fund, LGBTQ Victory Fund, NARAL Pro-Choice America, Latino Victory Fund, and the Congressional Hispanic ...
|COVID-19 Lightfoot, CDPH, unions come together regarding surge in Latinx cases 2020-05-06|
- On May 6, Chicago Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) joined union leaders to announce a new phase in the city's plan to address the racial health disparities exacerbated by ...