WINDY CITY TIMES
||'Queer As Art' concert series kicks off
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times
This article shared 3 times since Tue Apr 15, 2014
With Windy City Media Group sponsoring along with Lake View nightspot Sidetrack, which also provided the location, the "Queer As Art" concert series came out loud and proud on April 9.
Comedian Dana Austin hosted and told stories of adventures in her neighborhood while singer and poet Storie Devereaux spoke her patented rhymes.
Guests drank pineapple mixed with Remy Martin & Co.-inspired cocktails throughout the evening and were offered T-shirts, among other items.
E3 Radio streamed the entire event live for viewing of the performances at home. Niki Gee hosts The Queer Countdown every Tuesday on the station and attended the evening sporting rainbow earrings.
Learn and listen to more about the Q Crew on www.e3radio.org .
Photos and text by Jerry Nunn
This article shared 3 times since Tue Apr 15, 2014
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|OneWheaton to mark 10th Homecoming Weekend on Oct. 8-9 2021-09-15|
- OneWheaton—a group of LGBTQA alumni and students of Wheaton College—will mark its 10th annual Homecoming Weekend with virtual activities on Oct. 8-9. On Oct. 8, at 6 p.m., there will be an LGBTQIA Storytelling Hour. Attendees ...
|Next OUTspoken show Sept. 7 2021-08-24|
- An OUTspoken Storytelling Night taking place Tuesday, Sept. 7, will offer tales told by six people who will relate their stories of fun and fortune from a LGBTQ+ perspective. The entertainment will start at 7 p.m. ...
|OUTspoken storytelling to host six takes from LGBTQ+ perspective 2021-07-26|
--From a press release - The month of August is hot - but OUTspoken at the Sidetrack will be even hotter on Aug. 3 when six storytellers will tell tales of fun and fortune from a LGBTQ+ perspective! The program will start at 7:00 pm at ...
|THEATER 2nd Story announces first half of 2021-22 season 2021-07-22|
- One of Chicago's longest-running storytelling collectives, 2nd Story, announced the first half of its 23rd season of programming for 2021-22. The season will feature nearly 30 world-premiere stories and storyteller debuts, as well as 20 of ...
|Next OUTspoken event taking place June 1 2021-05-18|
- OUTspoken will provide four tales of fun and fortune from an LGBTQ+ perspective on Tuesday, June 1, starting at 7 p.m. on Zoom. This program is free. Interested parties can go to Facebook, log on to ...
|Next virtual OUTspoken on April 6
- The next OUTspoken storytelling event will take place Tuesday, April 6, starting at 7 p.m., on Zoom. Speakers will include a writer/storyteller, a teacher, a professional photographer and a caregiver. Joy Wright is a nominated Best-of-the-Net ...
|Next 'OUTspoken' event March 2
- The next session of OUTspokena monthly storytelling event that centers on tales of fun and fortune from local LGBTQ+ men and women and their close friendswill take place Tuesday, March 2, at 7 p.m. on Zoom. ...
|Virtual OUTspoken storytelling event Feb. 2
- The next virtual OUTspoken Storytelling Night will take place Feb. 2 at 7 p.m. The speakers will be as follows: Donald Bell is a third-generation Chicagoan, South Sider and White Sox fan who is a retired ...
|OUTSpoken: LGBTQ storytelling event Jan. 5 on Zoom 2020-12-16|
- Another OUTspoken Storytelling Night will offer the perspective of four Chicagoans telling life stories from their LGBTQ+ viewpoint or that of their close friends and relatives, Tuesday, Jan. 5, starting at 7 p.m. on Zoom. The ...
|New narrative podcast offers lesbian rocker slice of life
Podcast attached below - For audiophiles in search of punk rock tongue-in-cheek lesbian dramedy-driven narrative storytelling, look no further: "Tampon Rock" is here. The podcast, from Anthem and iHeart Radio, focuses on lesbian bandmates Deja and Chloe as they navigate ...
|OUTspoken Storytelling to host tales from LGBTQ perspectives Nov. 10 2020-11-01|
--From a press release - Another exciting OUTspoken Storytelling Night will offer the perspective of four Chicagoans telling life's stories from their LGBTQ+ viewpoint or that of their close friends and relatives, Tuesday, Nov. 10, starting at 7 p.m. on Zoom. ...
|Deeply Rooted launches 25th-anniversary season 2020-08-24|
- Deeply Rooted Dance Theater which diversifies the aesthetics of contemporary dance by uniting modern, classical, U.S. and African-American traditions in dance and storytelling announced initial plans for Deeply 25: Beyond Dance ...
|'Making Sweet Tea': Out NU dean talks about new documentary 2020-08-18|
- Performer and Northwestern University Dean E. Patrick Johnson discussed his new film and the importance of reclaiming storytelling agency in a virtual Q&A Lambda Legal hosted Aug. 9. Johnson, dean of Northwestern University's School of Communication, ...
|'SapphFest' to take place virtually May 28-29
- On May 28-29 at 7:30 p.m., Violet Surprise Theatre will present SapphFesta digital variety show celebrating queer women and non-binary artists from all over the country and internationally, through storytelling ...
|COVID-19 Black queer storytelling event April 18 2020-04-17|
- On Saturday, April 18, 1-2:30 p.m., Lighthouse Foundation will host a virtual Black Queer Storytelling event, "Black, Queer, and Living Through COVID-19." Attendees will hear four different stories by four different members of the Black queer ...