WINDY CITY TIMES
||PrideArts to screen A Not So Silent Night Tuesday, Dec. 15
This article shared 1705 times since Tue Dec 15, 2020
To honor the tradition of gathering around with family and singing holiday songs, even in a pandemic. PrideArts is hosting a one-time screening of the film A Not So Silent Night tonight, Dec. 15, 2020.
The 2009 film captures a performance of The McGarrigle Christmas Hour — a concert fronted by singing duo Kate and Anna McGarrigle, Kate's children Rufus Wainwright and Martha Wainwright, and guests including Grammy award-winner Emmylou Harris, Velvet Underground front man Lou Reed, famed performance artist Laurie Anderson, and the trans singer-songwriter Justin Vivian Bond. The concert was filmed at the New York City concert venue The Knitting Factory.
This renowned group of family and friends performs original and traditional Christmas-themed songs, including Rufus Wainwright soloing on Frank Loesser's "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?," plus Wainwright joining with Reed and Anderson on "Blue Christmas" and with Bond on "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." Traditional carols include an upbeat "Good King Wenceslas" sung by the McGarrigle sisters and Martha Wainwright, and Emmylou Harris's solo on "O Little Town of Bethlehem."
The charge to view the stream will be $10 for a single, or $15 per household.
Tickets: web.ovationtix.com/trs/pr/1034638 .
This article shared 1705 times since Tue Dec 15, 2020
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|R. Kelly found guilty of racketeering 2021-09-27|
- On Sept. 27, a federal jury in Brooklyn convicted embattled R&B singer R. Kelly of racketeering by a federal jury in Brooklyn, the US Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of New York said, according to ...
|THEATER 'Moulin Rouge!,' gay play 'The Inheritance' win top Tonys 2021-09-27|
- Moulin Rouge! The Musical was the runaway winner at the Tony Awards on Sept. 26, snagging 10 awards. Among its honors were Best Musical, Best Performance By an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical ...
|MOVIES 24-hour horror marathon at Music Box on Oct. 23-24 2021-09-24|
- "The Music Box of Horrors," sponsored by CreepyCo., will return to the Music Box Theatre, 3733 N. Southport Ave., from noon on Saturday, Oct. 23 through noon on Sunday, Oct. 24. The event will include special ...
|'Firebird' opens Reeling Chicago LGBTQ+ Internat'l Film Fest tonight 2021-09-23|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, Illinois — Tonight, the 39th annual Reeling: The Chicago LGBTQ+ International Film Festival invites audiences to enjoy an in-person pre-party and theater screening of 'Firebird' for Opening Night at the Music Box Theater. Director P ...
|MUSIC ROUNDUP: Riot Fest rocks and rolls with the punches 2021-09-22|
- Riot Fest is a massive music festival held annually at Chicago's Douglas Park, held this year on Sept. 16-19 Usually a three-day celebration, Riot held a preview party Sept.16 that began at 2:30 p.m. for the ...
|LGBTQ+ lullaby album to be released Oct. 28 2021-09-22|
- Broadway Records announced the impending release of The Rainbow Lullabywhich the label said is "the world's first LGBTQ lullaby album." The album will be available Thursday, Oct. 28, wherever digital music is sold and on BroadwayRecords.com. ...
|Pitchfork Music Festival returns and turns 15 in 2021 2021-09-17|
- Pitchfork Music Festival turned 15 years old in Chicago this year after being cancelled last year because of the pandemic. This lively celebration of eclectic music continued in the same spot (Union Park) with the usual ...
|'Andersonville Homecoming' Sept. 24-26; line-up, vendors, safety protocols announced 2021-09-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Sept. 15, 2021) — The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is pleased to announce the full entertainment line-up and vendors for Andersonville Homecoming--a three-night, two-day outdoor festival featuring ...
|Students urged to apply for Musical Theatre Awards 2021-09-14|
- Broadway in Chicago is inviting high schools across Illinois to participate in the 11th Annual Illinois High School Musical Theatre Awards. These awards celebrate excellence in high school theater throughout the state. Beginning Thursday, Sept. 16, ...
|CAIC announces 2021 Collaborative Works Festival, immigration, migration in song 2021-09-13|
--From a press release - CHICAGO— Collaborative Arts Institute of Chicago (CAIC) begins its eleventh anniversary season with its annual Collaborative Works Festival, held in venues around Chicago from October 6—9, 2021. The 2021 Collaborative ...
|MUSIC Lil Nas X wins top award at MTV VMAs 2021-09-13|
- The MTV VMA Awards took place Sept. 12and an LGBTQ+ artist took home one of the night's top awards. Lil Nas X won Video of the Year for "Montero (Call Me By Your Name)," besting Cardi ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Boy Meets Boy,' Jennifer Hudson, 'SVU,' tennis honor, ABBA 2021-09-12|
- Ariztical Entertainment is releasing the German movie Boy Meets Boy on DVD and VOD on Oct. 26. According to a press release, the plot of the 70-minute movie is as follows: "Harry has been partying for ...
|Pride Fest will extend to Oct. 3; headliners include Kristine W and Mya 2021-09-12|
- Mya, Shangela, VINCINT, Crystal Waters, Kristine W, Brooke Eden and St. Panther are among the headliners for Chicago Pride Fest now taking place over three days, Oct. 1-3, in Chicago's LGBTQ+ landmark Northalsted/Lake View district. The ...
|THEATER 'Dear Mom, I'm Gay!' on Oct. 1-2 2021-09-11|
- Dear Mom, I'm Gay!a workshop of a new musical by David Dilsizianis running at The Jarvis Square Theater, 1439 W. Jarvis Ave. It will take place at 7 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 1; and 2 and ...
|ARC Music Festival debuts in Chicago over Labor Day Weekend 2021-09-11|
- Replacing North Coast Music Festival's usual spot in Union Park, ARC Music Festival launched Sept. 4-5. North Coast was forced to move to SeatGeek Stadium in Bridgeview, Illinois, that same weekend to a stadium that was ...