WINDY CITY TIMES
||President Obama & the First Lady address bullying in Facebook video
From a White House News Release
This article shared 6116 times since Thu Mar 10, 2011
President Obama and the First Lady talk about bullying and the growing movement, led by young people, to make our communities places where young people can thrive:
While it may not always be in the headlines, bullying is an issue that affects every young person in America, and we all have a responsibility to do something about it.
Tomorrow, the President and First Lady will host parents, teachers, students, community leaders and others at a White House Conference on Bullying Prevention. WhiteHouse.gov/live will have live video throughout the day, including online chats where you can discuss bullying with experts on the subject. We're already taking questions for one of them at www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/03/08/answering-your-questions-bullying-prevention, and you can RSVP for a special "Facebook Live" chat at www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139608676106112.
Learn more about the issue at StopBullying.gov and make sure you join StopBullying.gov's facebook page.
From Macon Phillips on March 9, 2011 at 9:04 AM EST
This article shared 6116 times since Thu Mar 10, 2011
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Lil Nas X receives inaugural Trevor Project award 2021-09-05|
- The Trevor Project announced that "Old Town Road" rapper Lil Was X was the recipient of its inaugural Suicide Prevention Advocate of the Year Award. On its website, the organization stated, " Lil Nas X has ...
|Gender-affirming care associated with lower suicide risk for transgender people 2021-09-01|
--From a Williams Institute press release - A summary of current data on suicide risk and prevention among transgender people in recognition of Suicide Prevention Month Transgender people who need and receive gender-affirming medical care have a lower prevalence of suicide thoughts and ...
|Trevor Project data on LGBTQ youth suicide shows urgency of Equality Act 2021-07-06|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON, DC Today, Freedom & Opportunity For All, a national campaign advocating for the urgent passage of the Equality Act, and The Trevor Project, the world's largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ ...
|PASSAGES Social-justice activist, dominatrix Mistress Velvet dies 2021-05-21|
- PASSAGES Social-justice activist, dominatrix Mistress Velvet dies By Carrie Maxwell Social-justice activist and dominatrix Mistress Velvet (who used they/them pronouns) died by suicide May 9 in Chicago. They were 33. ...
|Trevor Project releases 2021 National Survey on LGBTQ Youth Mental Health 2021-05-19|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON, DC — May 19, 2021 — The Trevor Project, the world's largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people ...
|GLAAD responds to increase in suicide attempts among trans youth in Arkansas 2021-04-19|
--From a press release - (New York, NY - April 19, 2021) — GLAAD is responding to reports of an increase in suicide attempts among transgender youth in Arkansas, which on April 6 became the first U.S. state to outlaw gender-affirming ...
|Study: 30% of young LGBQ people have attempted suicide in their lifetimes
--From a press release - A new study by the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law finds younger LGBQ adults experience greater psychological distress and suicidal behavior than older LGBQ people. Researchers examined a representative sample of LGBQ people in ...
|VIEWPOINT As a gay bipolar man, I've learned to live with suicidal thoughts 2020-10-01|
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among young people ages 10 to 20. LGBTQ+ youth seriously contemplate suicide at almost three times the rate of heterosexual youth. In addition, LGBTQ+ youth are almost five ...
|Suicide Prevention Month summary of data on LGBT suicide 2020-09-01|
--From a Williams Institute press release - Research shows that anti-LGBT discrimination and victimization contribute to an increase in the risk of suicidality and that LGBT people are at disproportionate risk of suicidal ideation, planning, and attempts. In recognition ...
|LGBs who have undergone conversion therapy more likely to attempt suicide 2020-06-15|
- A new report by the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law finds that non-transgender LGB people who experienced conversion therapy were almost twice as likely to think about suicide and to attempt suicide compared to ...
|Kinsey Institute, Trevor Project collaborate on LGBTQ mental health 2020-06-10|
- The critical need for research on LGBTQ youth mental health and suicide preventionmade even more critical by the COVID-19 pandemichas led to a new partnership between the Kinsey Institute at Indiana University and The Trevor Project, ...
|Federal, private sectors unite in mental health, suicide prevention response 2020-05-06|
- WASHINGTON, D.C. Recognizing the significant impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the country's mental health and well-being, the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention (Action Alliance), which serves as the ...
|Survey: One in four LGBT Colombians have attempted suicide 2020-05-06|
- Findings from the largest and most comprehensive study conducted on LGBT people in Colombia A new survey from the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law and the Colombia Collaborative Project finds that the majority (72%) ...
|School official dismisses trans-related suicides 2019-12-02|
- In Evansville, Indiana, a school board member seemingly dismissed activists' concerns about safety for LGBTQ kids and trans-related suicides, Advocate.com reported. Members of the Tri-State Alliancea social service and educational ...
|Trevor Project raises $1.2M at L.A. gala 2019-11-18|
- On Nov. 18, the Trevor Projectthe world's largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young peoplehosted its 2019 TrevorLIVE Los Angeles fundraising gala at The Beverly Hilton. The ...