WINDY CITY TIMES
||PRIDE Day planned at Brookfield Zoo
From a press release
This article shared 1803 times since Mon Jun 15, 2015
Brookfield, Ill. — On June 25, Brookfield Zoo will join Chicago's PRIDE celebration with PRIDE Day at Brookfield Zoo. Families will be able connect to wildlife and nature by enjoying the zoo's many exhibits and attractions like Great Bear Wilderness, Stingray Bay, Butterflies!, Hamill Family Play Zoo and its summer-long Festival of Flight free bird show. At 2:00 p.m. guests can have an up-close experience with some of Brookfield Zoo's animal ambassadors, including a variety of birds and reptiles. A PRIDE expo on the North Mall will feature PRIDE-friendly business.
This event is hosted by the Society's Arcoiris group, which is committed to organizational excellence achieved through recognizing the importance of diversity. The Society believes that everyone can be a conservation leader and contribute to helping wildlife and nature. Arcoiris also hosts the Society's Martin Luther King Day Celebration, Caesar Chavez event, ADA 25 celebration, and Veterans Day.
For further information, visit www.CZS.org/events or call ( ( 708 ) 688-8667.
About the Chicago Zoological Society
The Chicago Zoological Society inspires conservation leadership by connecting people with wildlife and nature. The Society is a private nonprofit organization that operates Brookfield Zoo on land owned by the Forest Preserves of Cook County. The Society is known throughout the world for Brookfield Zoo's innovative, naturalistic, multispecies exhibits and for its international role in animal population management and wildlife conservation. Open every day of the year, the zoo is located off First Avenue between the Stevenson ( I-55 ) and Eisenhower ( I-290 ) expressways and is also accessible via the Tri-State Tollway ( I-294 ), Metra commuter line, CTA, and PACE bus service. For further information, visit www.CZS.org .
This article shared 1803 times since Mon Jun 15, 2015
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|WORLD Court rulings, Dutch apology, trans candidates win, Global Black Pride 2021-12-05|
- Botswana's Court of Appeal upheld a 2019 ruling that decriminalized gay sex, effectively striking off two sections of the penal code that had outlawed homosexuality, according to Reuters. Before the 2019 High Court ruling, which was ...
|Taiwan's Kaohsiung Pride to host WorldPride in 2025 2021-11-13|
- InterPride announced that Kaohsiung Pride, in Taiwan, has won the bid to host WorldPride in 2025. With this vote by InterPride members, a WorldPride event will be held in East Asia for the first time. The ...
|Red Stars score historic win, qualify for playoffs 2021-10-30|
- The Chicago Red Stars defeated the Orlando Pride, 1-0, at Exploria Stadium on Oct. 29, according to SB Nation. Kealia Watt's second-half goal was the difference, and it ensured that Chicago would host an opponent (to ...
|THEATER 'A Michael Martin Tribute' Nov. 11-28 2021-10-27|
- Curious Theatre Branch will host a three-week celebration of the solo performance monologues of the late Michael Martin, curated by Kelly Anchors. A Michael Martin Tribute will take place Nov. 11-28 at Pride Arts Center, 4139 ...
|Campus Pride releases list of worst anti-LGBTQ schools 2021-10-25|
- Campus Pride officially released its 2021 Worst List, naming 180 campuses across the country as "the absolute worst, most unsafe campuses for LGBTQ youth." The colleges and universities included in this year's list have either received ...
|lllinois Holocaust Museum hosts talk on Stonewall and the LGBTQ-rights movement 2021-10-24|
- On Oct. 17, Skokie's Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center hosted a "Legacy of Stonewall and the LGBTQ Rights Movement" panel discussion to kick off its latest exhibit, "Rise Up: Stonewall and the LGBTQ Rights Movement." ...
|SPORTS Chicago Red Stars power past Orlando 1-0 2021-10-14|
- The Chicago Red Stars, behind an early Kealia Watt goal and a clean sheet from Cassie Miller, defeated the Orlando Pride at home (Bridgeview's SeatGeek Stadium) Oct. 13 by a score of 1-0. During the game's ...
|LGBTQ History Month: Pauli Murray, architect of history 2021-10-13|
By Victoria A. Brownworth - (Note: The pronouns she/her are used in keeping with Murray's own writings, but Murray was a transmasculine and gender-nonconforming lesbian.) Some say Pauli Murray is the most important U.S. activist many have never heard of. An ...
|Coming Out for LGBTQ+ History 2021-10-11|
- October 11th is National Coming Out Day, a day established in 1988 by members of the LGBTQ+ community to encourage people to stop hiding and be open about their identity. Coming out increases visibility of the ...
|Pride Fest sees rainbows over rain 2021-10-05|
- After last year's COVID-related cancellation, the LGBTQ+-focused outdoor affair Pride Fest returned to Lake View after a delay of a few months, as it usually takes place in June. An additional full day was added to ...
|Urban Village Church hosting drag worship service, Pride prom Oct. 10 2021-10-04|
- On Sunday, Oct. 10, Urban Village Church (UVC) will host a drag worship service at its Wicker Park site, 1012 N. Noble St. Worship begins at 10:30 a.m. (CST) with performances from local drag artists, including ...
|SPORTS Chicago White Sox hold Pride Night 2021-10-04|
- On Sept. 29, the Chicago White Sox held Pride Night. LGBTQ+ activist Gary Chichester threw the first pitch of the gamewhich featured the White Sox taking on the Cincinnati Redsat Guaranteed Rate field. BMO Harris invited ...
|WORLD Marches, world leaders, Swiss marriage, soccer match 2021-09-26|
- Thousands of people including soldiers and diplomats marched peacefully through the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv in an annual Pride parade despite some opposition to an event called off last year because of the coronavirus pandemic, Reuters ...
|Naper Pride hosts inaugural Pride fest 2021-09-16|
- Naper Pride held its inaugural pride fest event, "Coming Together, One Community—One Naperville," on Sept. 11-12 in Naperville. Incidentally, "Coming Together, One Community—One Naperville" was also Naper Pride's organizational philosoph ...
|OneWheaton to mark 10th Homecoming Weekend on Oct. 8-9 2021-09-15|
- OneWheaton—a group of LGBTQA alumni and students of Wheaton College—will mark its 10th annual Homecoming Weekend with virtual activities on Oct. 8-9. On Oct. 8, at 6 p.m., there will be an LGBTQIA Storytelling Hour. Attendees ...