WINDY CITY TIMES
||PRIDE Day at Brookfield Zoo
From a press release
This article shared 502 times since Sat Jun 17, 2017
Brookfield, Ill. — On Wednesday, June 21, the Chicago Zoological Society, which manages Brookfield Zoo, will be displaying rainbow flags to celebrate diversity and inclusion of all as well as joining Chicago's PRIDE celebration with its third annual PRIDE Day at the zoo. Families will be able to connect with wildlife and nature by enjoying the zoo's many exhibits and attractions like Hamill Family Wild Encounters, Butterflies!, Great Bear Wilderness, and its summer-long Dinos & Dragons exhibit. Throughout the day guests can have up-close experiences with some of Brookfield Zoo's animal ambassadors at Zoo Chats.
This event is hosted by the Society's Arcoiris group, which is committed to organizational excellence achieved through recognizing the importance of diversity. The Society believes that everyone can be a conservation leader and contribute to helping wildlife and nature. Arcoiris also hosts the Society's Martin Luther King Day celebration and Veterans Day.
General admission to Brookfield Zoo is $19.85 for adults and $14.50 for children 3-11 and seniors 65 and over. Children 2 and under are free. Parking is $12.
For further information, call ( 708 ) 688-8667.
This article shared 502 times since Sat Jun 17, 2017
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Bulls extend win streak to nine games on fourth Pride Night 2022-01-08|
- The Chicago Bulls now have their longest win streak since 2011. The team (26-10) beat the Washington Wizards 130-122 at the United Center on Jan. 7 to extend their win streak to nine games. Zach LaVine ...
|Legislation to address disparities facing LGBTQ+ seniors, people with HIV/AIDS 2021-12-22|
- On Dec. 16, Pride Action Tank, OUTreach and Equality Illinois hosted a virtual "breakfast" to discuss issues facing LGBTQ+ seniors and persons with HIV/AIDS as well as legislative policies created to address them. "Advocating for Change" ...
|Pride in the Pews: from storytelling to mobilizing Black LGBTQ+ leaders of faith 2021-12-21|
- Storytelling, justice and communitythese core values drove Pride in the Pews when it began in March 2021 as a campaign to collect 66 stories from Black LGBTQ+ Christians across the country. While the mission for Pride ...
|WORLD Court rulings, Dutch apology, trans candidates win, Global Black Pride 2021-12-05|
- Botswana's Court of Appeal upheld a 2019 ruling that decriminalized gay sex, effectively striking off two sections of the penal code that had outlawed homosexuality, according to Reuters. Before the 2019 High Court ruling, which was ...
|Taiwan's Kaohsiung Pride to host WorldPride in 2025 2021-11-13|
- InterPride announced that Kaohsiung Pride, in Taiwan, has won the bid to host WorldPride in 2025. With this vote by InterPride members, a WorldPride event will be held in East Asia for the first time. The ...
|Red Stars score historic win, qualify for playoffs 2021-10-30|
- The Chicago Red Stars defeated the Orlando Pride, 1-0, at Exploria Stadium on Oct. 29, according to SB Nation. Kealia Watt's second-half goal was the difference, and it ensured that Chicago would host an opponent (to ...
|THEATER 'A Michael Martin Tribute' Nov. 11-28 2021-10-27|
- Curious Theatre Branch will host a three-week celebration of the solo performance monologues of the late Michael Martin, curated by Kelly Anchors. A Michael Martin Tribute will take place Nov. 11-28 at Pride Arts Center, 4139 ...
|Campus Pride releases list of worst anti-LGBTQ schools 2021-10-25|
- Campus Pride officially released its 2021 Worst List, naming 180 campuses across the country as "the absolute worst, most unsafe campuses for LGBTQ youth." The colleges and universities included in this year's list have either received ...
|lllinois Holocaust Museum hosts talk on Stonewall and the LGBTQ-rights movement 2021-10-24|
- On Oct. 17, Skokie's Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center hosted a "Legacy of Stonewall and the LGBTQ Rights Movement" panel discussion to kick off its latest exhibit, "Rise Up: Stonewall and the LGBTQ Rights Movement." ...
|SPORTS Chicago Red Stars power past Orlando 1-0 2021-10-14|
- The Chicago Red Stars, behind an early Kealia Watt goal and a clean sheet from Cassie Miller, defeated the Orlando Pride at home (Bridgeview's SeatGeek Stadium) Oct. 13 by a score of 1-0. During the game's ...
|LGBTQ History Month: Pauli Murray, architect of history 2021-10-13|
By Victoria A. Brownworth - (Note: The pronouns she/her are used in keeping with Murray's own writings, but Murray was a transmasculine and gender-nonconforming lesbian.) Some say Pauli Murray is the most important U.S. activist many have never heard of. An ...
|Coming Out for LGBTQ+ History 2021-10-11|
- October 11th is National Coming Out Day, a day established in 1988 by members of the LGBTQ+ community to encourage people to stop hiding and be open about their identity. Coming out increases visibility of the ...
|Pride Fest sees rainbows over rain 2021-10-05|
- After last year's COVID-related cancellation, the LGBTQ+-focused outdoor affair Pride Fest returned to Lake View after a delay of a few months, as it usually takes place in June. An additional full day was added to ...
|Urban Village Church hosting drag worship service, Pride prom Oct. 10 2021-10-04|
- On Sunday, Oct. 10, Urban Village Church (UVC) will host a drag worship service at its Wicker Park site, 1012 N. Noble St. Worship begins at 10:30 a.m. (CST) with performances from local drag artists, including ...
|SPORTS Chicago White Sox hold Pride Night 2021-10-04|
- On Sept. 29, the Chicago White Sox held Pride Night. LGBTQ+ activist Gary Chichester threw the first pitch of the gamewhich featured the White Sox taking on the Cincinnati Redsat Guaranteed Rate field. BMO Harris invited ...