WINDY CITY TIMES
||PFLAG Holds Kickoff Party
This article shared 2672 times since Wed Sep 20, 2006
PFLAG gala co-chairs, from left: Michael leppen, Amy Maggio, Char and John Cepek. Photo by Andrew Davis
The Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians & Gays ( PFLAG ) Council of Northern Illinois held a table captain kick-off party for its 'You Are My Heart' gala on Sept. 13 at 130 E. Randolph.
The gala will be held on Nov. 4 at the Hilton Chicago, 720 S. Michigan, 7-11 p.m. Among the expected highlights are a silent auction and the presentation of the 2006 PFLAG Straight for Equality Humanitarian Award. The party is the concluding event of the Heartland in Action! tri-regional conference that will take place Nov. 3-4.
For more info, see www.pflag.org/Gala_Tickets.932.0.html .
This article shared 2672 times since Wed Sep 20, 2006
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|GLAAD responds to Pope Francis' statement allowing blessing for same-sex couples 2023-10-02|
--From a press release - (Monday, October 2, 2023) GLAAD, the world's largest l LGBTQ media advocacy organization, is responding to Pope Francis' groundbreaking statement allowing blessings on same-sex unions. According to New Ways Ministry ...
|SAVOR Breast-cancer awareness fundraisers, 'Hell's Kitchen' viewing party 2023-10-01|
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and many Chicagoland restaurants and bars plan to hold fundraisers to help raise awareness. For example, throughout the month, Estelle's, 2013 W. North Ave., will sell F?!k Cancer Cosmos (with ...
|New report: Attacks on LGBTI rights strongly associated with democratic backsliding globally 2023-09-27|
--From a press release - A new report from the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law finds that countries that are highly accepting of LGBTI people tend to have high levels of liberal democracy, such as free and fair elections ...
|Pritzker and Brady-Davis honored at Planned Parenthood gala 2023-09-17|
- On the evening of Sept. 14, Planned Parenthood Illinois Action (PPIA) and Planned Parenthood Illinois Action PAC (PPIA PAC) organizations presented their annual Fighting Forward Gala fundraiser. The event shone ...
|SAG-AFTRA and WGA join GLAAD in releasing Studio 11th Responsibility Index 2023-09-14|
--From a press release - HollywoodSept. 14, 2023 — GLAAD released its annual Studio Responsibility Index in a joint press event in Hollywood alongside the Screen Actors Guild - American Federation of Television and Radio ...
|HRC to host Chicago dinner, auction to support response to national state of LGBTQ+ emergency 2023-09-12|
--From a press release - Chicago, IL. - September 8th - The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Chicago Steering Committee is proud to host its Annual - Human Rights Campaign Chicago Fundraising Dinner and Auction!! The Dinner and Auction will be held ...
|LGBTQ+ media welcome Press Forward nat'l media funds for local news innovation, survival 2023-09-12|
--From a press release - [CHICAGO] – Members of News Is Out, a collaborative of six legacy LGBTQ+ media organizations, have expressed support and excitement about the newly announced national Press Forward effort to support local media in the United States. ...
|AIDS Run & Walk Chicago 2023 to draw thousands to Soldier Field on Sept. 30 2023-09-09|
- The AIDS Run & Walk Chicago returns to Chicago's Soldier Field on Saturday, Sept. 30 to help create equity and justice across Chicagoland and raise awareness and funds for individuals who are living with or vulnerable ...
|NLGJA: Association of LGBTQ+ Journalists names Hall of Fame honorees 2023-09-07|
--From a press release - Washington, D.C. — Today, NLGJA: The Association of LGBTQ+ Journalists announced that co-publishers Susan Horowitz and Jan Stevenson, publisher Franco Stevens, and journalist James B. Stewart are the 2023 inductees ...
|On the (gay) horizon: Center on Halsted marks 50 years 2023-09-06|
- In 1973, a group of Chicagoans organized a telephone hotline, which they named Helpline, allowing the community to more easily find and assist one another. This was a time when LGBTQ+ bars were still regularly raided ...
|After HRC's State of Emergency declaration, Canadian government recognizes threat of anti-LGBTQ+ legislation 2023-08-30|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON— Just two months after the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) issued a National State of Emergency in response to the unprecedented and dangerous onslaught of anti-LGBTQ laws passed across the country, the Canadian government has updated ...
|Chicago Gay Men's Chorus leader speaks on group's diversity, 'Sporty Forty' 2023-08-29|
- The Chicago Gay Men's Chorus (CGMC) is marking its 40th-anniversary season this year, and will start this milestone on Sept. 15-16 with "Sporty Forty," an event that is layered in meanings involving stereotypes and the group's ...
|Howard Brown Health reinstates workers following NLRB settlement recommendations 2023-08-29|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, Aug. 29, 2023 — Howard Brown Health reinstated 25 employees as part of a plan to follow the recommendations outlined in a proposed settlement from Region 13 of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). The ...
|Chicago Dancers United raises more than $365K at Dance for Life 2023-08-29|
- Chicago Dancers United (CDU)which supports the health and wellness of Chicago's professional dance communitywelcomed 1,600 people to the 32nd annual Dance for Life on Aug. 19 at Auditorium Theatre, per ...
|African American Arts Alliance of Chicago names new president for first time in 25 years 2023-08-21|
--From a press release - CHICAGOThe nonprofit African American Arts Alliance of Chicago announced Charlique C. Rolle as its new board president, effective immediately. Rolle is the first new president in the Alliance's 26-year history ...
|Mexican Museum presents Queer Fiesta|
|SHOWBIZ Outfest, Halo, 'Sex Education,' trans singer, 'Doctor Who'|
|WORLD African efforts, HIV in Amsterdam, Donatella Versace, 'The Queen in Me'|
|DANCE Deeply Rooted performing Nov. 3 at the Auditorium Theatre|
|NATIONAL Bisexual politicians, DADT, NBJC awards, crimes, Buttigieg|