WINDY CITY TIMES
||PASSAGES James Krueger
This article shared 2709 times since Sun Jul 14, 2019
Many are grieving the loss of James Krueger, who passed away peacefully on June 3 after a long illness. A North Side resident for more than 30 years, Jim belonged to the Rodeo Riders Social clubfirst as a maverick and then as an elected president.
Jim was an avid reader and an aspiring writer. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Roosevelt University. To pay the bills, he became a teacher; however, finding that teaching wasn't his passion, he moved on to find a position as a case worker for the Social Security department and remained there until he retired. Never giving up his dream, he continued to write and submit his stories in his spare time.
Jim and his life partner, Rod Baker, shared their lives and love together for more than 30+ years. They enjoyed the beauty in everything, whether they were traveling to exotic places, collecting rare and unusual art, or giving love and attention to their feline companions. Together, they created an amazing backyard paradise that they were so proud offull of flowers and trees, and unlike any other in the city.
Once sons of the Windy City, they now travel together in the wind. Who knows where it will take them?
Jim was preceded in death by Rodney Baker; his father, James Krueger; and his brother, Richard Krueger. He is survived by his mother, Betty Borske; sister, Barbara ( John ) Brunner; brother, David ( Linda ) Kruger, and sister-in-law, Jane VaNoss; and many nieces and nephews.
This article shared 2709 times since Sun Jul 14, 2019
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Openly gay experimental artist/filmmaker Kenneth Anger dies at 96 2023-05-24|
- Experimental filmmaker and artist Kenneth Anger has died at age 96. According to Variety, his gallerySprueth Magers, operated by Monika Spruth and Philomene Magersconfirmed the news on their website, writing ...
|PASSAGES Chicago cultural and music advocate, poet, educator Diane Gomez 2023-05-18|
- Chicago cultural and music advocate, poet and educator Diane Gomez died May 5 due to complications from cancer. She was 70. Gomez was born September 28, 1952, on the South Side of Chicago to a very ...
|PASSAGES Longtime LGBTQ+ activist and community organizer, former bar owner Marge Summit 2023-05-18|
- Longtime LGBTQ+ activist and community organizer, icon and former owner of the now defunct His n' Hers bar Marge Summit died May 16. She was 87. Summit was born Sept. 3, 1935, on the North Side ...
|WORLD Turkish president, former congressman dies, Polish case, Uganda, sports 2023-05-12|
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan again attacked the country's LGBTQ+ community in a bid to rally his conservative voters before the May 14 election, france24.com noted. Polls showed Erdoganwhose campaign is dealing with an economic crisis ...
|PASSAGES: Real estate agent and former DJ Earl Reid, Jr. 2023-05-10|
- Real estate agent and former DJ Earl King Reid, Jr. died May 1 due to hypertension and arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease. He was 67. Reid was born in 1956 in Chicago, where he lived his entire life. ...
|Chicago theaters hold memorial, will dim lights in honor of Frank Galati 2023-05-09|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (May 8, 2023) — Several major theatres across the Chicago-area will dim their marquees or lobby lights on the evening of Saturday, May 13, in tribute to late playwright, director, actor and educator Frank Galati, ...
|PASSAGES Former Gay Chicago Magazine entertainment editor Jeff Rossen 2023-04-30|
- Former Gay Chicago Magazine entertainment editor Jeff Rossen died of complications from COPD on April 19. He was 67. Rossen was born Dec. 10, 1955, in Oak Lawn. He spent his childhood and teen years in ...
|PASSAGES: Retired Chicago Fire Department district chief, paramedic Pat Ciara 2023-04-25|
- Retired Chicago Fire Department (CFD) district chief, paramedic and at one time the highest ranking out lesbian in the history of the CFD, Pat Ciara died April 19 of lung cancer in Lake Worth, Florida. She ...
|Lauren Verdich memorial May 20 2023-04-21|
- Celebration of Life for longtime Chicagoan LGBTQ activist and business owner Lauren Verdich will be Saturday May 20, 2023, 12:30-4 p.m., University Club Chicago, 76 E. Monroe. Donations can be sent to Lambda Legal in Lauren's ...
|NATIONAL Trans-rights cases, Brittney Griner, Elton John, law firm, passages, Twitter 2023-04-21|
- The 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals plans to meet as a full court to consider a pair of trans-rights cases from West Virginia and North Carolina, NBC News reported. The Richmond-based appeals court said it ...
|PASSAGES Charles "Chuck" Williams was founder of the Williams Institute on Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity Law, Public Policy 2023-04-18|
- Charles "Chuck" Williamsthe founder of the Williams Institute on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Law and Public Policy, a think tank at the UCLA School of Lawpassed away April 11. Williams Institute Executive Director Brad Sears ...
|PASSAGES: Visual artist, Chicago nightlife scene drag performer legend and hairdresser Jojo Baby 2023-03-16|
- Visual artist, Chicago nightlife scene drag performer legend, doll-maker and hairdresser Jojo Baby died March 14 of liver, lung and stomach cancer. They were 51. Baby was born April 10, 1971, in Chicago and grew up ...
|World's first transgender MP passes away at 65 2023-03-07|
- On March 6, Georgina Beyera pioneering New Zealand politician who, in 1999, became the world's first openly transgender member of Parliamentpassed away at the age of 65. Beyer's friends said she died peacefully in hospice care, ...
|Passages: Longtime activist Achebe (Betty) Powell passes away 2023-02-23|
- Veteran social justice organizer and educator Achebe (Betty) Powell passed away Feb. 21, according to multiple reports. Powell died of COVID-19 related complications at New York Presbyterian Hospital in Brooklyn, according to a Feb. 22 statement ...
|PASSAGES: LGBTQ and HIV/AIDS activist, retired business owner Lauren Verdich 2023-02-16|
- Longtime LGBTQ and HIV/AIDS activist and businesswoman Lauren Verdich died Feb. 12 of complications from pancreatic cancer. She was 77. Verdich was born Dec. 30, 1945, in Chicago. She grew up in the Albany Park neighborhood ...
|Artemis Singers' summer performance urges listeners to be 'defiantly optimistic' |
|NATIONAL North Carolina, 'Pride Heroes,' school news, gay publication folds, Iowa|
|WORLD Global survey, Turkey, Russians in Argentina, trans-rights activist|
|SHOWBIZ Romance films, Megan Thee Stallion, Keith Haring, Cher, George Maharis|
|THEATER 'Star Wars' burlesque parody at Logan Auditorium|