||PASSAGES David Charles Parker
This article shared 1737 times since Wed Apr 15, 2020
David Charles Parkerof Chicago's Uptown neighborhood, formerly of Cincinnati, Ohiopassed away due to COVID-19 on April 8. He was 56.
Born in Covington, Kentucky, David earned his bachelor's degree in chemistry from Northern Kentucky University and his master's in health-services administration from Xavier University; he worked most recently in clinical data management at PPD, Inc.
He was the beloved husband and partner of five-and-a-half years to Dale William Roberson; and faithful companion of Zoe and Oscar, their French bulldogs.
David was the adoring godson of Rosemary Stein; and a dear friend of Douglas Smith, Lloyd Battle, Bud Shunnarah, Kelvin Burroughs and so many others
David was an avid fan of the show Dr. Pimple Popper, figure skating, musical theater, baking, traveling ( especially on cruises ), gardening and anything else that sparked his creativity.
He was the only child of the late Autrey H. Parker and Nancy D. Parker ( nee Resing ).
An appropriate celebration of life will be held in the future.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in his name to The Trevor Project.
Arrangements by Cremation Society of Illinois, 773-281-5058 or Cremation-Society.com
This article shared 1737 times since Wed Apr 15, 2020
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Longtime LGBTQ activist Julie Valloni dies 2021-04-06|
- Longtime LGBTQ activist Julie Valloni died March 28 in Rockford, Illinois due to complications from a hip fracture. She was 80. Valloni was born July 12, 1940 and grew up in Chicago where she graduated from ...
|PASSAGES John Stephen Hunt 2021-03-29|
- John Stephen Hunta writer, world literati and global human-rights activist based in Chicagodied March 17 of natural causes in Chicago. He was 85. Hunt came out as a 20-year-old gay man during his U.S. Army Service. ...
|Longtime Chicago LGBTQ, HIV/AIDS activist Roman Buenrostro dies 2021-03-28|
- Longtime Chicago LGBTQ and HIV/AIDS activist Roman Buenrostro died March 25 due to complications from cancer. He was 54. Buenrostro was born Jan. 18, 1967 in Chicago. When his father retired, the family moved to Southern ...
|PASSAGES Roman Buenrostro 2021-03-26|
- Roman Buenrostro, a past AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) Director of Special Projects passed away on March 25, 2021. He was a longtime LGBTQ+ leader and activist for people living with HIV and a co-founder of the ...
|PASSAGES Downstate activist Buff Carmichael passes away 2021-03-25|
- Longtime LGBTQ+-rights activist Buff Carmichael II, who was publisher of the Prairie Flame newspaper, passed away March 21 at his home in Springfield after a long illness. He was 73. A longtime State of Illinois employee, ...
|WORLD Court rulings, trans kids' books, activist dies, Naomi Campbell 2021-03-07|
- A Chinese court upheld a ruling that a textbook description of homosexuality as "a psychological disorder" was not a factual error but merely an "academic view," according to the South China Morning Post. The Chinese LGBT ...
|PASSAGES Maya Kali Evans dies at 53 2021-02-19|
- Maya Kali Evans (formerly Curtis O. Love)—a tattoo artist and caregiver who resided in Newark, Illinois, and who previously lived in Chicago and Philadelphia—passed away peacefully Feb. 18, 2021, at home in Newark. She was 53. ...
|PASSAGES Dr. Gary B. Beringer, epidemiologist, dies at 70 2021-02-17|
- Epidemiologist Gary B. Beringer, Dr. P.H., age 70, passed away suddenly Wednesday, Jan. 27 at his home in Chicago, IL. Gary, an only child, is survived by his wife, Nancy M. Abbate, who worked closely with ...
|Queer musician Ari Gold dies at 47
- New York City-based dance artist Ari Gold has died at age 47 after a long battle with cancer, according to out.com. Gold—who was also known as Sir Ari and GoldNation— released seven albums as a part ...
|PASSAGES Robert Thomas Cichocki, J.D. dies at 70 2021-02-11|
- Robert Thomas Cichocki, J.D., passed away peacefully at home in Chicago's Lake View neighborhood on Feb. 5. He was 70. After earning his B.A. from Wayne State University and his J.D. from The John Marshall Law ...
|PASSAGES Gordon Keith Richardson 2021-02-08|
- Gordon Keith Richardson of Washington, D.C., passed away on Feb. 4, 2021, at the age of 60 from complications of COVID-19. Keith was born in Leadville, CO, and raised primarily in St. Charles, Missouri. He graduated ...
|Former CTU President Karen Lewis dies at 67
- Former Chicago Teachers Union (CTU) President Karen Lewis has died at age 67, The Chicago Tribune reported. She led a seven-day strike in 2012 (the first in a quarter-century) and was a one-time mayoral hopeful who ...
PASSAGES Elzie Bates
- Elzie Bates was born at home April 6, 1931, in McComb, Mississippi. His birth was never officially recorded so for most of his adult life, his many friends celebrated his birthday on the day of Elzie's ...
|PASSAGES Carmen Vazquez, social justice activist 2021-01-28|
--From press releases - The National LGBTQ Task Force: The National LGBTQ Task Force is deeply saddened to announce the death of Carmen Vàzquez, long-time LGBTQ+ and social justice activist. Carmen died on Jan. 27, 2021 of COVID related complications. ...
|Pioneering AIDS researcher Dr. Joseph Sonnabend dead at 88 2021-01-24|
--From a media release by HIVPlusMagazine - Pioneering AIDS researcher and clinician Joseph Sonnabend, 88, died Jan. 24, 2021 at the Wellington Hospital in London, after suffering a heart attack on Jan.3, 2021. Born in Johannesburg, South Africa, to a physician mother and ...