WINDY CITY TIMES
||PASSAGES Brent L. Conn
This article shared 2795 times since Mon Jul 6, 2020
Brent L. Conna caterer and business ownerpassed away peacefully July 4 at home in Evanston. He was 67.
Born in Springfield, Illinois, Brent earned his degree in hotel and restaurant management from Michigan State University and founded Conn's Catering in Chicago's Edgewater neighborhood. He planned thousands of weddings and other events over 28 years.
He was the beloved husband of Michael Locardio Limon, best friend/business partner of Sheila Mulcahy, and son of the late Leroy Powell Conn and Frances Lewis Conn. He was also the brother of Courtney "Court" ( Karen ) Conn; uncle of Adam, Casey, and Amanda Conn; and great-uncle of seven.
Brent was the faithful companion of Aliyah the German Shepherd and Zac the golden Lab. More than anything, Brent valued good friendships.
Friends and family will celebrate Brent's life when it is safe to gather in larger groups.
In lieu of flowers, donations in his name to the American Cancer Society, Cancer.org .
Arrangements by Cremation Society of Illinois, 773-281-5058, Cremation-Society.com .
This article shared 2795 times since Mon Jul 6, 2020
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|PASSAGES Retired Chicago Police Commander Nancy Y. Lipman dies 2021-04-22|
- Retired Chicago Police Commander Nancy Y. Lipman died April 11 due to complications from ovarian cancer. She was 61. Lipman was born Jan. 21, 1960 in Chicago and graduated from Morgan Park High School. She also ...
|PASSAGES Donald Duane Slater 2021-04-20|
- Donald Duane Slater, age 73, of Kalamazoo Michigan made his transition on April 8, 2021 in his home, of natural causes. Don worked in several bars in the 1970's and 80's. Among them the Glory Hole ...
|Longtime LGBTQ activist Julie Valloni dies 2021-04-06|
- Longtime LGBTQ activist Julie Valloni died March 28 in Rockford, Illinois due to complications from a hip fracture. She was 80. Valloni was born July 12, 1940 and grew up in Chicago where she graduated from ...
|PASSAGES John Stephen Hunt 2021-03-29|
- John Stephen Hunta writer, world literati and global human-rights activist based in Chicagodied March 17 of natural causes in Chicago. He was 85. Hunt came out as a 20-year-old gay man during his U.S. Army Service. ...
|Longtime Chicago LGBTQ, HIV/AIDS activist Roman Buenrostro dies 2021-03-28|
- Longtime Chicago LGBTQ and HIV/AIDS activist Roman Buenrostro died March 25 due to complications from cancer. He was 54. Buenrostro was born Jan. 18, 1967 in Chicago. When his father retired, the family moved to Southern ...
|PASSAGES Roman Buenrostro 2021-03-26|
- Roman Buenrostro, a past AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) Director of Special Projects passed away on March 25, 2021. He was a longtime LGBTQ+ leader and activist for people living with HIV and a co-founder of the ...
|PASSAGES Downstate activist Buff Carmichael passes away 2021-03-25|
- Longtime LGBTQ+-rights activist Buff Carmichael II, who was publisher of the Prairie Flame newspaper, passed away March 21 at his home in Springfield after a long illness. He was 73. A longtime State of Illinois employee, ...
|WORLD Court rulings, trans kids' books, activist dies, Naomi Campbell 2021-03-07|
- A Chinese court upheld a ruling that a textbook description of homosexuality as "a psychological disorder" was not a factual error but merely an "academic view," according to the South China Morning Post. The Chinese LGBT ...
|PASSAGES Maya Kali Evans dies at 53 2021-02-19|
- Maya Kali Evans (formerly Curtis O. Love)—a tattoo artist and caregiver who resided in Newark, Illinois, and who previously lived in Chicago and Philadelphia—passed away peacefully Feb. 18, 2021, at home in Newark. She was 53. ...
|PASSAGES Dr. Gary B. Beringer, epidemiologist, dies at 70 2021-02-17|
- Epidemiologist Gary B. Beringer, Dr. P.H., age 70, passed away suddenly Wednesday, Jan. 27 at his home in Chicago, IL. Gary, an only child, is survived by his wife, Nancy M. Abbate, who worked closely with ...
|Queer musician Ari Gold dies at 47
- New York City-based dance artist Ari Gold has died at age 47 after a long battle with cancer, according to out.com. Gold—who was also known as Sir Ari and GoldNation— released seven albums as a part ...
|PASSAGES Robert Thomas Cichocki, J.D. dies at 70 2021-02-11|
- Robert Thomas Cichocki, J.D., passed away peacefully at home in Chicago's Lake View neighborhood on Feb. 5. He was 70. After earning his B.A. from Wayne State University and his J.D. from The John Marshall Law ...
|PASSAGES Gordon Keith Richardson 2021-02-08|
- Gordon Keith Richardson of Washington, D.C., passed away on Feb. 4, 2021, at the age of 60 from complications of COVID-19. Keith was born in Leadville, CO, and raised primarily in St. Charles, Missouri. He graduated ...
|Former CTU President Karen Lewis dies at 67
- Former Chicago Teachers Union (CTU) President Karen Lewis has died at age 67, The Chicago Tribune reported. She led a seven-day strike in 2012 (the first in a quarter-century) and was a one-time mayoral hopeful who ...
PASSAGES Elzie Bates
- Elzie Bates was born at home April 6, 1931, in McComb, Mississippi. His birth was never officially recorded so for most of his adult life, his many friends celebrated his birthday on the day of Elzie's ...