WINDY CITY TIMES
||Operation Taste on March 2
This article shared 2594 times since Thu Feb 27, 2020
Operation Taste 2020 will take place Monday, March 2, 5:30-9:30 p.m., at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont.
More than 30 renowned Chicagoland chefsincluding Chef Sam Plotneck, of Michelin-awarded restaurant Temporis; Chef Michael Lachowicz, of the 2019 Jean Banchet Restaurant of the Year, George Trois; and World Champion Baker Chef Pierre Zimmerman, of La Fournette Bakerywill come together for demonstrations and food tastings in support of Operation North Pole's mission to serve children with life-threatening illnesses and their families, and raise funds for the organization's annual Winter Wonderland event.
General-admission tickets and discounted group packages are available for purchase for $150 per person or $1,000 for a table of eight guests. See OperationTaste.com/purchase-tickets .
This article shared 2594 times since Thu Feb 27, 2020
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|SAVOR Hamburger Mary's, Tom of Finland Vodka and more 2023-05-30|
- The Hamburger Mary's restaurant in Orlandofamous for its burgers and drag showsis suing the state of Florida and DeSantis in federal court, claiming an anti-drag bill is a violation of ...
|Chef Art Smith talks upcoming dinner and activism 2023-05-26|
- More than 6 million Americans are living with Alzheimer's disease, including more than 230,000 Illinoisans. Additionally, more than 11 million family members and friends serve as dementia caregivers, with more than 383,000 caregivers in Illinois. Unti ...
|SAVOR Cafe Robey: Laid-back vibes and enticing cuisine 2023-05-25|
- The junction of North, Milwaukee and Damen avenues in Wicker Park is probably one of the best-known intersections in Chicago. (Some refer to this intersection as "Six Corners" but others say this is incorrect, as that ...
|SAVOR 'Round Table II' brings chefs, nonprofits together to discuss collective vision 2023-05-21|
- On May 15, the Avondale restaurant eden, 2734 W. Roscoe St., was the site of a rather extraordinary gathering of Chicagoland chefs, nonprofit CEOs and other business leaders in a moving discussion that centered on building ...
|SAVOR Say 'oui' to Francois Frankie 2023-05-17|
- The last time I went to the French-American spot Francois Frankie was before the pandemic (2019, to be precise) and its brunch was one of the most impressive I had the pleasure of experiencing that year. ...
|Howard Brown responds to FDA's relaxation of blood-donation guidelines 2023-05-12|
- Howard Brown Health has responded to The Food and Drug Administration (FDA)'s elimination of restrictions that had previously barred many blood donations by gay and bisexual men. The FDA said it will recommend a series of ...
|SAVOR Mother's Day restaurant recommendations in Chicago 2023-05-05|
- Mother's Day might be right around the corner (on Sunday, May 14) but there's still time to make reservations at some of the coolest spots in Chicago. Here are a few spots/ideas to consider for Mom's ...
|SAVOR Omi Hopper takes it to the 'Next Level' on reality-competition show 2023-05-03|
- Omi Hopper knows all about changing one's life. During the COVID pandemic, she decided (out of necessity) to create a social-media presence involving her cooking Puerto Rican dishes. Since then, Hopper (best known as @CookingConOmi) ha ...
|SAVOR Chef aims to help youths in oppressed communities; Hotel Zachary space opens 2023-04-16|
- The Evolved Network aims to help youths in systemically oppressed communities through gardening, culinary training and employment opportunities, among other ways. The organization is the brainchild of Sebastian White, a ...
|NATIONAL Scientist/activist dies, trans author passes, Alabama schools, Title IX 2023-04-14|
- Philadelphia's Ada Belloa pioneering LGBTQ+ activist and longtime laboratory chemist for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the University of Pennsylvaniadied March 31 of pneumonia and COVID-19 at Chestnut Hill Hospital at age 89, p ...
|Lesbian-owned Taylor's Tacos opens shop on Chicago's Near West Side 2023-04-10|
- In the world of brick-and-mortar businesses, Taylor's Tacos (1512 W. Taylor St.; https://www.taylorstacoschicago.com) is finally making its mark, as the place selling authentic street-style tacos with soulful twists is firmly ...
|SAVOR Levain Bakery; Barbie pop-up 2023-04-08|
- Chicago, of course, has scores of bakeries—but there's certainly room for Levain Bakery (840 W. Randolph St.; https://levainbakery.com), which has a tasty brand-new offering. Levain also has spots in D.C. ...
|SAVOR The Albert stuns with Calabrian-inspired cuisine; Dolci Amori 2023-04-03|
- The Hotel EMC2, in Chicago's Streeterville neighborhood, certainly stands out in a city that's started with places to stay. Elements of arts and science are present throughout the hotel, from the room to the lobby to ...
|Quigley, Torres, Sorensen lead letter to FDA on updated blood donation guidance 2023-03-30|
--From a press release - Washington, DC - Today, U.S. Representatives Mike Quigley (IL-05), Ritchie Torres (NY-15), and Eric Sorensen (IL-17) led 23 members in a letter to the Department of Health and Human Services and the Food and Drug Administration ...
|SAVOR Mexican spot Tzuco maintains high standards 2023-03-27|
- Chef Carlos Gaytan has never failed to impress. He initially opened Mexiquewith French-inspired Mexican offerings in Chicago's West Townin 2008, running that spot for a decade. Along the way, he became the first Mexican chef to ...