WINDY CITY TIMES
||Open House Chicago extended to Nov. 1
This article shared 2928 times since Thu Oct 22, 2020
The Chicago Architecture Center ( CAC ) is extending its 10th annual Open House Chicago festival ( OHC ) through Sunday, Nov. 1.
Attendees have seven more days to follow 25 trails for self-guided exploration through Chicago neighborhoods and suburbs.
In addition, six OHC 2020 online programs initially offered to registered attendees via Zoom will be published and viewable anytime via the CAC's YouTube channel Oct. 26-Nov. 1. These programs include A New Vision for the Kenwood Line, Changing the Narrative: African Americans in Evanston, Get to Know Your House: Rogers Park Edition and Women in Architecture Virtual Tour.
Trail content remains accessible through the extension via the OHC 2020 mobile app for iOS ( Apple ) and Android devices; another dozen festival experiences available through the mobile app include three site-inspired compositions by artists from Access Contemporary Music and YOU BE MY ALLY, a temporary public artwork by Jenny Holzer commissioned by University of Chicago and viewable dawn until dusk through Sunday, Nov. 22.
See Architecture.org and OpenHouseChicago.org .
This article shared 2928 times since Thu Oct 22, 2020
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|THINGS TO DO Open House Chicago taking place Oct. 15-16 2022-10-14|
- The Chicago Architecture Center (CAC) is presenting Open House Chicago (OHC) 2022 presented by Wintrust on Oct. 15-16. The public is encouraged to discover a roster of 150+ sites in 20 community areas over the weekend, ...
|STAYCATION REVIEW Sofitel Chicago 2022-08-17|
- Bonjour! If you're like me, you've walked past the Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile (20 E. Chestnut St.; https://www.sofitel-chicago.com/) a million times. You've probably also admired the hotel's unique architecture almost ...
|Wrightwood 659 xhibits explore architecture, aocial engagement, Japanese "Modern Girls" 2022-03-31|
-- From a press release - (CHICAGO, IL — March 31, 2022) Wrightwood 659 presents a trio of exhibitions opening May 6, 2022: AMERICAN FRAMING, a reinstallation of the U.S. entry in the 17th Venice Architecture Biennale; Rirkrit Tiravanija: (who's afraid of ...
|ART Wrightwood 659 exhibits extended into 2022 2021-12-06|
- Two exhibitions currently on view at Wrightwood 659a private, non-collecting institution at 659 W. Wrightwood Ave. devoted to socially engaged art and to architecturewill be extended through Feb. 26, 2022. "Romanticism to Ruin: Two Lost Works ...
|Month-long Open House Chicago 2021 to feature in-person site visits Oct. 16-17 2021-09-25|
--From a press release - (September 20, 2021) CHICAGO — Chicago Architecture Center (CAC) announced that Open House Chicago 2021 will again offer its popular in-person, indoor site visits, providing rare behind-the-scenes access to more ...
|ARCHITECTURE Thompson Center Idea Competition winners named 2021-09-14|
- The Chicago Architecture Center and the Chicago Architectural Club announced the jury's selection of three winning designs for the Thompson Center Design Ideas Competition that represent three distinct, creative visions for the State of Illinois Thomp ...
|'Two Lost Works of Sullivan and Wright' opens Sept. 24 2021-08-08|
- Wrightwood 659, at 659 W. Wrightwood Ave., is presenting "Romanticism to Ruin: Two Lost Works of Sullivan and Wright" a dual exhibition exploring two of these architects' long-demolished masterpieces. Said masterpieces ...
|ATTRACTIONS Chicago's First Lady offers a premium architectural tour 2021-08-05|
- Recently, USA Today selected the Chicago Architecture Foundation's Chicago's First Lady cruise as the best boat tour in the countryand it's easy to see why. (By the way, it also was voted the top boat tour ...
|Helmut Jahn architecture exhibit has opened 2021-07-24|
- The Chicago Architecture Center (CAC), 111 E. Wacker Dr., has opened its first, major limited-run exhibit, "Helmut Jahn: Life + Architecture," the career retrospective of Helmut Jahn's innovative architectural designs. ...
|ATTRACTIONS Chicago Architecture Center reopens with new exhibits 2021-06-08|
- On May 22, the Chicago Architecture Center (CAC), 111 E. Wacker Dr., opened all-new and updated exhibits in its 10,000 square feet of galleries full of scale models of new building designs from Chicago and around ...
|Chicago Cultural Center historic interiors to be restored for June reopening 2021-04-22|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) today announced the historic restoration of the landmark Chicago Cultural Center to reclaim two lost interiors decorated by the ...
|Chicago Architecture Center announces
Spring 2021 reopening schedule 2021-03-12|
--From a press release - CHICAGO The Chicago Architecture Center (CAC) announces plans for a safe Spring 2021 reopening of its popular CAC walking tours, CAFC River Cruise and CAC exhibits. Review COVID-19 safety policies for CAC experiences here. CAC ...
|Preservation Chicago unveils list of most endangered Chicago buildings 2021-02-26|
- Preservation Chicago which works with city officials, neighborhood residents, owners and stakeholders to prevent what is often viewed as the wholesale loss of Chicago's important buildings has revealed its 2021 list of ...
|John Pennycuff Memorial Apartments in Castillo Plaza, LGBTQ housing in Logan Square 2020-12-18|
- Last month, The John Pennycuff Memorial Apartments at Castillo Plaza (Pennycuff) opened at the corner of Milwaukee and Campbell Avenues in Logan Square after four years of development and city approval meetings and for the past ...
|Chicago Architecture Center offers self-guided, virtual neighborhood exploration 2020-10-06|
--From a press release - CHICAGO The Chicago Architecture Center (CAC), under the leadership of President and CEO Lynn J. Osmond, is pleased to offer more than 50 online programs and trails for self-guided, outdoor exploration, highlighting more than 100 ...