||Off The Cuffs
by TRACY BAIM
This article shared 1609 times since Wed Aug 4, 2004
Northalsted Market Days is here this weekend, with vendors, music, and lots of cruising all day Saturday and Sunday. Pansy Division, the Von Trapp Children, Those Kids, Shelby Lynne, A Flock of Seagulls, Praful, Ember Swift, Melissa Ferrick, ROTC, and more. Both days 11 a.m.-10 p.m., Halsted between Belmont & Addison, (773) 868-3010, www.chicagoevents.com .
About Face Theatre presents On The Record, created and performed by members of the About Face Youth Theatre ensemble and directed by Megan Carney. Aug. 5-Aug. 15, $10 tickets for under 20, Goodman Theatre, (312) 443-3800.
VOX and Out Magazine present the Voices of Style+Design Awards to David Kaufman and Tom Segal Aug. 5, 6:30-9:30 p.m., Chicago Historical Society, 1601 N. Clark, RSVP to (630) 932-7928 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Jody Andre, who pioneered for the community with Tomboy, The Room, and Speakeasy Supper Club is making more restaurant waves, this time going 'south' with The Room. Her restaurant The Room at 5900 N. Broadway has closed its doors and she is now opening a new restaurant in the same location called South, with cuisine inspired by the South and Southwest. Andre also continues as co-owner of the popular spot Speakeasy Supper Club at 1401 W. Devon, with partners Amy Matheny (of Windy City Media Group), Michael Feinstein and Terence Flannery. Look for South in mid-August, 5900 N. Broadway, (773) 989-7666.
To those heading to the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival— have fun! Wear sunscreen!
The rumors are true about a 'collaboration' between LCCP and HBHC. See Windy City Times this week.
This article shared 1609 times since Wed Aug 4, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Ann Sather to serve Thanksgiving dinners in dining room 2021-11-11|
- The Ann Sather Restaurants family is planning to serve dozens of its regular diners a traditional Thanksgiving dinner in its dining rooms. Such dining was unavailable last year because of the COVID pandemic. Chicago Alderman and ...
|SAVOR Lure Fishbar 2021-10-20|
- Recently, I had a biscuit sandwich in the Gold Coast. The item was very good—but I'm not sure it was worth the $11 price tag. This was the same feeling my dining companion and I had after dining at Lure Fishbar, ...
|Eli Tea Bar brings LGBTQ+ sober bar to Andersonville 2021-10-06|
--From a press release - October 6, 2021 - Chicago, IL - Eli Tea Bar is set to open its second store located at 5507 N Clark St in Chicago, Illinois. The LGBT-owned and operated sober space plans to open later this fall and will feature ...
|Andersonville Wine Walk returns Sunday, Oct. 3 2021-09-18|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (September 17, 2021) — The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce(ACC) is pleased to welcome back its annual Andersonville Wine Walk on Sunday, October 3 from 3 pm — 6 pm. Enjoy a Sunday afternoon of sipping, ...
|SAVOR Britches and brunch at The Dearborn 2021-08-15|
- I've had the pleasure of dining at The Dearborn (145 N. Dearborn St.; https://www.thedearborntavern.com/) several timesbut it's always been a weekday outing. Recently, I met a friend for Sunday brunch. The results were both expected ...
|Lips Drag Queen Show Palace celebrates two years with grand reopening 2021-08-06|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Lips, the ultimate in drag dining, today announced they will celebrate two years on Chicago's iconic Motor Row with reimagined performances, a new show night and a dynamic new cast to deliver its one-of-a-kind ...
|SAVOR Dinner at the Loop restaurant/cafe Venteux 2021-07-06|
- Let's just get this out of the way now: Dining at the Pendry establishment Venteux (224 N. Michigan Ave.; https://venteuxchicago.com/)a brasserie, cafe and oyster baris a singular experience. Partner/Executive Chef ...
|Employee fired for using gay slur at Indiana Arby's 2021-06-12|
- An employee at an Arby's restaurant in Lafayette, Indiana, was fired after writing a homophobic slur on the receipt of a gay couple, NBC News reported. Craig Gray and John Burns were dining at the restaurant ...
|ARTS 'Teatro ZinZanni' returning July 8 2021-05-25|
- Teatro ZinZanni is returning to the Chicago Loop with new acts and a unique, immersive dining and live entertainment experience. Its brand-new show begins July 8 in the Spiegeltent ZaZou, located on the 14th floor in ...
|Dining Out for Life taking place May 16-22 2021-05-06|
- The annual event Dining Out for Life will take place May 16-22 throughout Chicago and Evanston. Participants dine in, order takeout/delivery or purchase gift cards from their favorite restaurants and donate directly to TPAN to support ...
|COVID Ann Sather restaurant fined $2,000
- The Ann Sather restaurant at 909 W. Belmont Ave. has been fined $2,000 for violating the state's indoor dining ban last year, ABC7Chicago.com reported. Chicago Ald. Tom Tunney owns the restaurant, which was cited Dec. 4. ...
|COVID Chicago expands indoor dining capacity
- The city of Chicago plans to reduce indoor dining restrictions for a second consecutive week, allowing bars and restaurants to offer service at either 40% capacity or 50 people, whichever is less, The Chicago Tribune reported. ...
|Chicago Restaurant Week returning in 2021
- Choose Chicago has announced the return of Chicago Restaurant Week on March 19-April 4, 2021. Chicago Restaurant Week offers local food enthusiasts an opportunity to experience some of the city's most highly sought restaurants. Participating dining ...
|COVID Lightfoot: Restrictions for bars, restaurants will remain
- Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said the city will keep the current indoor dining limits at restaurants in place even if the state allows the city to loosen capacity rules Feb. 2, The Chicago Tribune reported. The ...
|COVID-19 restrictions for Chicago, suburbs relaxed, but still no indoor dining 2021-01-19|
- The Illinois Department of Public Health announced that Chicago and its suburbs would move to Tier 2 mitigation restrictions, effective immediately, The Chicago Tribune reported. Under the updated metrics, four regions under the reopening plan will ...