||Obama Questioned on Fundraiser
This article shared 2801 times since Fri Jun 1, 2007
A few Chicago gay activists are pressuring the Barack Obama campaign to remove gay fundraiser Michael Bauer from his role with the campaign, as both a fundraiser and a member of Obama's gay and lesbian advisory group, the Sun-Times reported earlier this week.
The Obama campaign told the Sun-Times that it is standing by Bauer.
As reported in Windy City Times Oct. 11, 2006, Bauer received a nine- month law-license suspension from the Illinois Attorney Registration and Desciplinary Commission stemming from a dispute of his management of a trust fund for his nieces and nephew. While gay activists who oppose Bauer want the removal, the Sun-Times reported that the nieces and nephew wrote the licensing board asking that their uncle not lose his license for his 'lapse in judgment." Bauer has promised to repay funds taken from the trust.
This debate is fueled by fierce divisions among community activists based on personal and political disputes.
Bauer is a co-owner ( of less than 3 percent ) of Windy City Media Group. There are more than 20 similar minority stakeholders in the media company.
This article shared 2801 times since Fri Jun 1, 2007
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Judge orders restoration of DACA
- Judge Nicholas Garaufis, of the U.S. District Court in Brooklyn, ordered the Trump administration to fully restore Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)an Obama-era initiative that protects undocumented immigrants brought ...
|SAVOR Less is more for out chef Art Smith during pandemic 2020-06-09|
DISH Dining Guide - When life hands you lemons, you make lemonade. Just ask Art Smith. During the coronavirus pandemicthe culinary expert who has cooked for luminaries such as Oprah Winfrey, the Obamas and Nelson Mandelahas employed a healthful plan ...
|Report: Trump aiming to remove protections for LGBTQ patients 2020-04-25|
- The Trump administration is moving to remove an Obama-era policy that protected LGBTQ patients from discrimination, Politico reported. The health department is close to finalizing its long-developing rewrite of Obamacare's ...
|Barack Obama backs Joe Biden for president 2020-04-14|
- On April 14, former President Barack Obama offered a video endorsement of his close confidant and friend, former Vice President Joe Biden. "Choosing Joe to be my vice president was one of the best decisions I ...
|Greer named Biden's LGBTQ liaison 2020-03-23|
- Reggie Greera D.C-based LGBTQ advocate who has worked as an Obama administration appointee and point person for LGBTQ elected officialshas been named LGBTQ vote director for Joseph Biden, The Washington Blade reported. "It's an honor of ...
|Obama portraits in Chicago in 2021 2020-01-26|
- The Smithsonian's National Portrait Gallery has announced a five-city tour next year of the portraits of President Barack Obama and Mrs. Michelle Obama by artists Kehinde Wiley and Amy Sherald, respectively, that will launch during the ...
|SHOWBIZ Best LGBTQ films, Eddie Murphy, Obama's songs, DJ retires 2020-01-07|
- Advocate released its list of the 30 best LGBTQ films of the 2010s. Some on the list include Appropriate Behavior, Moonlight, The Kids Are All Right, Spa Life, The Handmaiden, Colette, Tangerine, Weekend, Booksmart, Rafiki, Beats ...
|2020 ELECTIONS Presidential candidates make pleas during Iowa LGBT debate 2019-09-21|
- Several Democratic candidates seemed to throw President Obama under the metaphorical bus Sept. 20, as they sought to illustrate how they didn't take as long as other Democrats to "evolve" on LGBT issues. Former Vice President ...
|High-school complex to be named after Michelle Obama 2019-03-09|
- Michelle Obama's Chicago high school alma mater, Whitney Young High School, will name its new $4.3-million athletic complex after the former first lady, according to an WGNTV.com item that cites The Chicago Sun-Times. Obama graduated from ...
|An evening with Michelle
- Former First Lady Michelle Obama swept into Boston recently as part of the national book tour promoting her memoir Becoming; the event was held at the TD Garden. The evening before the event, my spouse and ...
|NATIONAL: Military lawsuit, Ohio's pro-trans measure, Obama highway 2018-12-26|
- Lambda Legal and OutServe-SLDN, with partner law firm Winston & Strawn, filed a lawsuit on behalf of two HIV-positive members of the United States Air Force who were given discharge orders just days before the holiday ...
|DeVos Rescinds Obama Guidance, Leadership Conference responds 2018-12-18|
- WASHINGTON — Vanita Gupta, president and CEO of The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, issued the following statement on the School Safety Commission's report: "The School Safety Commission report lays out policies and practices ...
|AMA criticizes Obamacare ruling 2018-12-15|
- Saying that the Affordable Care Act's (ACA's) mandate requiring people to buy health insurance is unconstitutional and the rest of the law cannot stand without it, Judge Reed O'Connor of the Federal District Court in Fort ...
|NATIONAL Mich. lawsuit, Michelle Obama, Harvey Milk, gay teen politician 2018-11-20|
- Lambda Legal and Michigan Protection & Advocacy Service (MPAS) announced the successful settlement of a 2015 lawsuit filed on behalf of John Dorn against the Michigan Department of Corrections (MDOC), a Lambda Legal press release noted. ...
|Michelle Obama giving book-tour tickets to groups 2018-11-07|
- Michelle Obama and Live Nation have announced a selection of the local and community organizations that will receive free admission to the former first lady's upcoming book tour, Becoming: An Intimate Conversation With Michelle Obama. Obama's ...